“Good location but make sure shuttle is running”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Arkansas
“Good location but make sure shuttle is running”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and have been pleased with the West Little Rock location. This was a special stay since it was my Birthday and we planned our reservations around using the shuttle service at the hotel. I confirmed with the hotel that I needed this service shortly after I checked in. When we came downstairs to catch the shuttle to Oceans, we were told the shuttle was not in operation. We were 30 minutes late after our cab arrived and had to budget in cab fare to our other reservation after that. Beware of staying here if you are using this amenity. I wished we would have stayed downtown at the Marriott since the rate was less and closer to our evening plans.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

David H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear lovetogoAR,

We were happy to see you come back to the Embassy Suites, but sorry you received an experience that was not up to your expectations. I will take your comments back to our managment team for review and hope that on your next visit you try us again.

Best,

David Hicks
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
yellville, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I really enjoyed staying. The suite was awesome and very clean. The breakfast was very good. Most places do not serve that kind of a breakfast. I will tell alll my friends and family about Embassy Suites. Next time I need a motel I will be calling Embassy Suites. Thank you so much for your kindness.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

TX
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I would highly recommend anyone looking for a hotel in Little Rock to stay at this hotel. The hotel is good but the staff are top notch. Everyone goes out of there way to make you feel welcome and are eager to please. I loved this hotel above all other Embassy Suites we have stayed at. Great Job Staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Springdale, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here on Wednesday, May 7th. Check in took about 1 minute. The room was nice, the bed was GREAT! Room service, fast, friendly, and food was good. I felt as if the Manager's cocktail reception was just for me. The staff is top-notch! Was here for a convention. The meeting facilities for more than 300 people was the best I have experienced. And there were two different, large groups meeting here. Overall, this place is over the top!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 9 May 2014

"Poor" for what we paid. I recommend the Embassy Suites only in the case that you pay under $120 to stay here. We paid quite a bit more and felt bad about it. I'll start, though, with what was good, with what reflected the hotel's price point above a roadside motel.

The staff is great and work very hard. I think even the management probably does the best it can do, too, under the circumstances. The source of the difficulties here are probably from higher up: a milieu at Hilton's executive level that has neglected to support and invest in the property.

The rooms (we had 2) smell bad. I mean, really bad. Walk into your suite, and the scent of odor-masking chemicals is overwhelming (Think nursing home, a really sad nursing home.) And yet, every few breaths, you're afraid you might know what the scent is masking.

The suites themselves are poorly insulated from noise. Indeed, in the living room, you can follow your neighbors' conversations down to the word. And each living room has a window and door that open directly onto the hall and central atrium. Fine. But if that's the case, there needs to be some sophisticated soundproofing.

The a/c only has 2 settings that work: off and glacial.

Hilton has supplied several embarrassing 'enhancements' to the hotel 'experience' here, including tacky vending machines at the elevator landing on each floor; 'complimentary' (incl. in price of room, not free) samples of bottom shelf spirits (the smell was just like a frat house!); in-room advertisements for a "premium coffee experience," which was just a way of talking about the display of a variety of mediocre coffee pods; and the provision of some kind of a code for some kind of a vending machine in some kind of a place (by the elevators?) that, it turns out, replaced the minibar service. Each of these 'amenities' is no such thing but rather a labor-saving scheme repackaged as a marketing ploy. Ok, I get it, that's happening everywhere. Sure. But not quite to this extent at this price point.

Finally, the breakfast consisted in various concoctions of what I think must have been government surplus ingredients. (Again, the staff was at no fault here. They did their best with what they had.)

A film of grease coats the elevator buttons.

Don't run away from this place, though. Just make sure you get a really good deal, because the deal is actually the fair price. The rack rate is a swindle.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room as far from the elevators as possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam B

Travellers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

NW AR
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a great experience on our last visit and were not disappointed this time. Older property but all areas were clean and seemed well maintained. Staff, as last time were outstanding from check in to check out ... these folks are doing a great job & we look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lafayette, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing and I really enjoyed myself and would love to revisit. Great staff... Mr. Gray deserves a raise and so many others who work hard and I'M SO SORRY i DIDN'T REMEMBER THEIR NAMES.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business