“Crowded, but still shined bright!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I were in Little Rock for the Taekwondo World Championships! We arrived before the designated check in time, no problem! The young lady (forgot her name) was very professional asked that I wait 20 minutes. She called housekeeping done! We went to the room, it was clean and spacious. We had a 2 bedroom everything was good. We went downstairs, they have enough elevators to do it all even though it is a spacious hotel. The hotel was crowded for that weekend, in addition to the event I was in town for they had a AAU Youth basketball tournament going on and a family reunion! Everything I seen from parking, restaurant/sports bar,pool, spa and breakfast Buffett was done with precision and professional! They had a server at the Happy hour who was the best and busiest waiter I'd ever seen. Kudos to great accommodations and equally professional and courteous staff! We will be back next year! Great stay here!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and friendly!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
David H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We are very pleased you enjoyed you stay with us. Your comments are shared with our entire team to inspire them to continue providing great service. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Little Rock.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything about this hotel meets or exceeds the standard the Embassy Suites stands behind. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling through Little Rock AK. The atmosphere and accommodations are one of the best i have experienced. Embassy Suites is living up to their standards at this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We checked in on July 17, and when we went into our room, I went to the restroom and then discovered the toilet would not flush. My husband is a plumber, and he quickly surmised that the cold water was turned off to the entire bathroom (rm 712). We were moved to 721, but discovered that it smelled of dogs, the couch was torn as though clawed by an animal (we planned to use the pull-out), the fridge was dirty, and there was food on the wall. We were told the carpet had just been replaced, but were offered another move. We then went to 715. It looked okay at first, but after unpacking, we discovered that the vanity light was dim and flickering, and the trash can by the refrigerator had trash in it (eww!). At that point I decided just to ignore those issues out of pity for Kevin, who was trying to be helpful. He comped our garage parking for 3 days, which came out to about $20 (we got the special standby rate to begin with).
During our 3 day stay, the elevators were constantly broken. This was especially bad because we were there for a conference and were constantly late for meetings due to having to wait so long for the one working elevator. We often had to ride it overcrowded because we couldn't wait any longer and I have bad knees.
The laundry room on the 5th floor (the only one) only had two washers, and one had a broken detergent dispenser.
We had to ask for toilet paper to be replenished in our room, since it was allowed to run out completely during our stay. They never vacuumed our floor, either, even though it had obvious crumbs all over it around the table, and even though we kept our belongings picked up just so they could.
Nights were very loud. I kept thinking that management would put a stop to the noise, but they never did.
Also, my daughter lost her eyeglasses. When I inquired at the desk if any had been turned in, the lady only looked around the desk and said no. She didn't do any further inquiries or ask for my info so she could reach me in the future if they were found. We left without them. Then my son realized he had forgotten his transformer in the window of the room. As we drove back, I called ahead so they could bring it on down. The lady informed me that she would see if it was still there but if they'd already cleaned it might be thrown away. Are you kidding? We'd barely left! My husband ended up having to go up to the room and get it (it was still there. They hadn't cleaned yet, but probably wouldn't have found it behind the curtain if they had. I just can't believe they throw things away so quickly).
On a positive note, the hotel has a free shuttle service that took my 18 year old and her brother to buy yogurt and back. They also have a good breakfast cook making omelets (Chef Darrell), and an attendant at breakfast and happy hour named Horace who seems very pleased to do his job.
To sum it up, though, this hotel was just not what I expected for the money. The entire housekeeping staff should be fired and replaced with people who do not only do the perfunctory tasks, but who also have enough sense to clean up irregular messes, like food on the wall.

Stayed: July 2014

I want to apologize for your experience at our hotel. All of your concerns have been addressed with our leadership team and subsequently with our guest services staff. It is our goal to provide excellent service and you did not get that.

I hope you try us again on your next visit to Little Rock.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great staff! Well maintained property. Although a bit older this property has been well taken care of. We enjoyed it all from the evening reception, to the indoor pool & sauna, to the wonderful breakfast. My only complaint would be that they need to have an exhaust fan in the bathroom. With 4 people staying in a suite it can get a bit dicey.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
David H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stay at Embassy Suites every year. I enjoy the breakfast buffet and Darrell remembers me every year. Breakfast is best when he cooks. It is very convenient to have internet access both in the business center and in my room. I am able to do research in the evenings and prepare for the next day's business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Our first stay at the beginning of the week (7/6) was very pleasant. The hotel was very well maintained and as quiet as can be expected.

The visit at the end of our week, however, left a sour mark on the Embassy name where this business traveler is concerned. Hotels need to warn their guests when large groups of kids are staying at the their establishment for sporting events. Business travelers should not be expected to be kept awake until midnight, or after 3am, listening to kids running up and down the halls playing, or the adults who are presumably in charge of them returning from the bars, loud and intoxicated, visiting each other's rooms. Hotels should also have some sort of expectation of their guests to behave respectfully and not treat the evening reception or breakfast as a free for all, allowing children to over take the hotel and treat it like a McDonald's playland, leaving food all over the dining area floors, elevator floors and hallways.

You have a management team for a reason, and that reason is not to be afraid to ask people to have courtesty for ALL guests, or be escorted out.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jody D

Jody,

I am very happy you had a great experience your first visit and apologize your second visit was not as great. We strive to provide each guest a great experience and apologize you did not get this on your second visit. When travel brings you back to Little Rock our hope is you try us again. When you return please let me know, I want to ensure you have a great stay.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Nice hotel, clean nice atmosphere, great complementary breakfast, nice pool and fitness center. Looking around the hotel I notice that they have serveral banquets rooms and meeting rooms. Their was also a gift shop, close to restrauants and shopping mall. Great location. The hotel staff was very nice and accomdating.