“This gem gets better and better”

Days Inn & Suites Little Rock Airport
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 23 April 2012

A year ago I researched Little Rock hotels and selected Days Inn and Suites because of its proximity to the airport, its airport shuttle and its price. I was expecting a decent room that would meet my basic needs, so I was amazed to experience an immaculate if somewhat worn hotel with an incomparable front desk manager and an excellent breakfast--which is available early enough to accommodate guests with early flights.

On my most recent stay, I noted that inside and outside the hotel were freshly painted. I commented on the facelift, and was told that new management under Vin Patel had been renovating the hotel for the past year. Furthermore Mr Patel spot visits rooms to confirm that they meet the standards he would expect as a guest--and it shows. Guests can also leave their cars--park and fly--at no cost for a couple of days, and at discounted rates for longer periods.

I noted the negative review on the hotel by "William" who objected to "Kitt's" (Kip's!) calling him Willie or Bill. While it's funny if William intentionally referred to Kip at Kitt to make his point, I have to say I can't imagine anyone not appreciating the outstanding service Kip provides. When I was checking out, the woman ahead of me was ambivalent about having coffee while awaiting the shuttle. Kip immediately offered to brew her a fresh cup. She hemmed and hawed about that, and he was understanding and happy to accommodate her. I was impressed to see a busy front desk employee focus on the guest's feelings and not shrug her off.

Competitive rates, immaculate rooms, outstanding service, discounted park and fly rates--usually you get what you pay for, but at the Days Inn and Suites Little Rock Airport, you get so much more.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank darbyoshaughnessy

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Front desk guy "kitt" or something like that, made us feel uncomfortable from the start. Very insulting with rude jokes. Instead of referring to me by my name, which is WILLIAM, he kept calling me "willy or bill."
I took a walk and noticed he must have taken at least a dozen smoke breaks. It looks terrible on your property to have the guy who claimed to be "part owner" standing at the front door smoking all day....simply disgusting.
Nice rooms, reasonable rates,but I would rather pay more just to avoid this jerk off

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have stayed at several hotels in and around the Little Rock metro area but without a doubt the best service and cleanest rooms were here at the Days Inn & Suite located at the airport exit. The front desk mgmt was very helpful and professional. My room was very clean and nice. I was concerned about my car on the parking lot over night but the parking lot was well lite at night. Almost like daylight. I like that. They also had a very good morning continental breakfast. As good as what I have experienced at higher end hotels and a local morning newspaper was available at no charge. These guys are doing a good job and are trying hard to win customers and they have converted me. I will stay here on a weekly basis from now on. I am thankful I do not have to continue searching for a hotel to meet my expectations. I have found it. :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank vette1956
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Although I rate this Days Inn average overall, it is better than average for a DI. My room was clean, though small, and the bed very comfortable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Comp. breakfast was better than expected. Good coffee. A Waffle House is onsite as well.

Expect some, but not too much, jet noise from the nearby airport. I suggest requesting an inner courtyard room to isolate you from traffic noise on I-440.

Stayed with 3 associates and they were pleased with their rooms. Although DI is not my first choice, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 2 stories, no elevator. Request an inner courtyard room to isolate you from traffic noise on I-4...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jmcross
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Was nervous after reading other reviews. However, property was quiet when we checked in around 9pm. Room smelled a little musty but had obviously been remodeled, new paint, new sink, and shower curtain. Room served fine for a for a place to stop for the night. Paid less than $40 on priceline, which seemed fair for what we got.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Kaylamg
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Arrived late at night and called for shuttle. Night shuttle is contracted out, but recieved prompt and courteous service to hotel. Spent only one night before heading to visit family. The room was clean, the pillow top bed was comfy and the property was quiet. Free breakfast was solid, nothing fancy. Morning staff was also pleasant and helpful with directions. I would definately stay here again.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank fotini622
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I was stuck in Little Rock because of road condition and had to sleep close to the airport. I made reservation of a non-smoking, king bed room through internet from the airport and when I got there an hour later, all that was left was n-smok 2 beds or 1 king smoking room. Room was decent. Breakfast included, what breakfast? I got there next morning, no more waffle, empty orange juice, empty coffe, empty everything except for a few white toasts and plain muffin. It took 10 minutes before a guy came in witha new pot of dough for the waffle. By the time I eat a bowl of cereal and finally a waffle, nothing else was refilled...so I took the remaining glass of apple juice and left... I should have gone to the restaurant next door...At the end it was barely enough for a quick one night stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business