“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Frisco, Texas
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed here several times. The rooms are great and the beds very comfortable. The staff is courteous and friendly. It is in a great location, right off the Interstate and near restaurants. I have recommended this hotel to friends and they have enjoyed their stay there too. They usually have some kind of free event around dinner time such as free wine, etc. The free breakfast is a nice touch too. You can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: The rooms are very quite and I usually try to stay on the first floor not far from the lobby and exe...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Westendmed, thank you very much for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that our complimentary breakfasts and manager's receptions are noticed and appreciated. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I tend to stay at this hotel each time I come to Arkansas for business. No frills, but the rooms are spacious enough for a stay, the staff is accommodating and the price is right. As we have a property close by, it allows me the convenience of being close, yet meets the minimum needs for a stay.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room on the 2nd floor. You are away from the noise and its more spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel- we are glad that you find us consistently suitable for your travel needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Warner Robins, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

On August 9th of this year I stayed at Townplace Suites Little Rock West. I felt comfortable checking in because it was a Marriott property. My first evening, I was greeted by a long trail of ants which the hotel sent an individual to spray. I'm more convinced that the room I stayed in had fleas. I learned that the room was a pet friendly room. My guests were bitten by insects of some sort. Had I known the room was pet friendly and had fleas, I never would have stayed. When I reported that I thought the room had fleas, the attendant said I needed to wait for the manager but unfortunately I could not wait for him/her. This stay was a huge disappointment. On another note. I was charged twice on two different credit cards after I was assured that this would not happen. It was cleared up only after I called a few days later. I wrote a letter to the corporate office because I was so disappointed. I have not heard from them yet. Still a Marriott guy, just hope those issues were addressed.

Room Tip: get rooms away from elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, casperque. We apologize for any insects you believe to have been in the room. We are a pet friendly hotel and mandate that any guest that brings their furry family members pay a pet fee. This fee is then used to specially treat the room for anything that a pet may bring in, including odor, dander and insects. We will be retraining our front desk on the appropriate way to handle a situation such as yours.

Please call the hotel at 501-225-6700 to speak with either our General Manager or myself about your stay.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have stayed here many times, and in the past stayed at other Marriotts in the area as well, so have that to compare to with this hotel. I go out of my way to stay here as the staff and facilities are excellent. The hotel is very new with none of the issues or drab decor of some of the other locations. They didnt just add a flatscreen and update the lobby either to make it seem newer, everything is in great shape. Even the smallest rooms have nice usable kitchens. Per a couple other reviewers, probably my only complaint is that the internet service is pretty bad. I'm not sure if they only have a router on one end or the middle or the wrong floors or what, but they need to fix that.

The staff is great to deal with in all situations. They have an excellent hot breakfast with tons of options as well as an evening snack. Usually hotels only have horrible hot dogs and nothing worth eating, but I make a point to check it out most nights. They even cater out to pizza places and a BBQ spot once in a while. Always have snacks, fruit, cookies, soda, juice, etc. The best is some decent wine and fat tire beer always available.

The location is just slightly off the main Little Rock West area and a 6 mile drive down 630. They have been doing construction that is a bit annoying during rush hour or if having to go directly into downtown. However, I find it close enough to everything while being in a nice quiet area of town so prefer it for either business or family travel. I found the gym to be great, plus they have a contract with a full gym a few miles away.

Room Tip: Not really any bad rooms and almost no noise. They staff is great about not allowing loud guests to...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the very kind review, Colin! We are so thrilled that you enjoy staying with us and find us to be the best in the area. We are currently working to update our internet to make sure that all of our guests have fast, consistent service at all times- hopefully you will notice the difference on your next stay.

We hope to see you again soon!
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Room was clean, staff was very polite, and above average breakfast. Love the kitchenette and the rooms were spacious. The beds was okay, only stayed two nights. The family would recommend this hotel to others and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the kind review. We hope to see you and your family the next time you travel to the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night 2 weeks ago. The room was clean and well stocked if you had to stay here for awhile. The breakfast was decent and the evening receptions are nice. The pool is tiny! The only complaint I have is probably the most important element to the room, the bed. It was very uncomfortable and I tossed and turned all night. It was not the marriott bed I am used to. The gentleman working the front desk was extra helpful and a sweetheart! He made up for the poor nights sleep!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our manager's reception and breakfast, and I am very pleased that our front desk attendant was able to cheer you up. We apologize that you weren't able to get a restful night's sleep! All of our mattresses are the standard Marriott mattresses. At your convenience, please call me at 501-225-6700 to discuss this further.

We hope to see you the next time you visit Little Rock!

Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stairwell, hallway, and room smelled like dog. Worst, spottiest internet in the history of ever-- very frustrating for a business traveler. Otherwise unremarkable. Room seemed clean enough and I only interacted with the staff for long enough to check in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I am sorry that you a disappointing stay.

We are a pet friendly hotel, and we do treat rooms that have had a pet in them upon check out. We also regularly treat public areas, such as the stairwells, corridors, and lobby with the same chemicals that remove the pet odor. In the future, please let us know if there is a lingering smell and we will happily transfer you to another room.

Our internet typically runs very quickly and has a strong connection. Thank you for letting us know that it was not working properly during your stay so that we can address this issue with our internet provider.