“Getting Worse...”

TownePlace Suites Little Rock West
Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed in the TPS in early December. I've written a review on this hotel before, but I had to write again to cite the terrible drop off in customer service. When I checked it, the two attendants were out smoking in front of the building. When they came in, after I had been standing at the desk for about 1 min, they wreaked of cigarette smoke. The previous reviewer is correct about the breakfast food, it is NOT good. The location of this hotel is convenient because it is surrounded by restaurants and shops, but the level of service does not seem to keep up with budding area. There is a Residence Inn down Shakleford (right near a Panera Bread) which I am going to try in the first quarter of 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Good location to UAMS. Rooms are clean and new with efficiency kitchen. I am not a fan of Walmart, but there is one within walking distance that made filling prescriptions and getting medical supplies easy. Jason, the front desk supervisor was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank keeffers
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Close to the hospital with clean efficiencies. Staff is friendly and helpful. Jason, the front desk supervisor was very personable. The tv cable service did not allow for purchasing of movies and this was unfortunate, but my only complaint. Very close to a Walmart (walking distance) which was helpful for medical supplies and prescriptions.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our sons and their families live in Texas and we live in Kentucky so we often make the trip back and forth and like to find good hotels on the route to spend the night to break up the trip. This was probably our third stop at the Townplace Suites and each one has been enjoyable. The hotel is new and that means that it is clean and airy. The lobby area is basic but there is coffee always available and snacks and drinks to buy. At least during the week there is food and beer and wine available in the evening and it was nice to have a glass of wine after hours on the road. The staff has always been very nice and super helpful on our stays. Our only complaint on this trip was that the sink area in the bathroom was extremely small so my wife and I were not able to keep our toiletries there. The free breakfast is adequate and similar to what you get at most "suites" style hotels. We also like the free newspaper delivered to the room in the morning, a perk that many hotels are eliminating in favor of a stack in the lobby. Free wifi is also nice.
It's not fancy but it is a good stopping place for a comfortable overnight to break up a long drive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel was recommended by a friend, and I was so grateful that I took them up on it. We were there for the Komen Breast Cancer Race in Oct, 2013. The room had everything we needed and some. The bed was very comfortable, and the staff was very courteous and friendly. Our Komen team already knows where we will be staying next year, because of the price and having everything you need in a room you can't go wrong, Not to mention having a Walmart so close to the hotel.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor near the end of the hall was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have stayed at this location before and for some reason we thought it would be OK for another stay. The hotel is located at the back side of a shopping center thus there are restaurants and shopping close by. It was raining hard when we arrived and there is no canopy or other cover at the entrance. Very strange as this hotel dose not have a checkin area close to the front door. The are outside as we entered was not all that clean. Oh well---it was training. We checked in and there was a very nice desk clerk. Could not have ask for a better check in. Parked the car and sued the end entrance. The carpet was not dirty---it was fifthy. There was debris all over the area and even after we turned into he hallway the area was no batter. The area was badly in need of cleaning abd even a vacuum cleaner would have helped.

The room was on the ground floor and easy to get to. This hotel had to have been designed by an architect who never planned on staying in one of these. It is a real over stretch to calla this place a hotel of "suites". Our "suite" was a normal size room that was stuffed to the walls with everything you would normally find in a suite. This place uses every square inch of available space to sit furniture on or appliances on. The area is really small (Room 103). It is really unfair to call this a suite hotel.

There is one small TV in the room and it worked well. The bathroom will accommodate one person at a time so don't attempt to turn around in it. The breakfast was really a continental breakfasts with scrambled eggs and sausage thrown in, however on the other side of the coin, there was little else. This was a weak continental breakfast. We were there early and when I reached for the bread to get my self a piece of toast I found three slices in the covered tray. There were three apples in the fresh fruit area. It was just bare necessity.

The check out staff seemed to be in training as one person was being taught how to operate the case regular. I gave my key to them and left. This place needs some help.

Now the plus side. It was close to the shopping and restaurants and the pice was great. Less than $80 and I think that is really good. But then what do I get?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank texaswillie
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I travel for business a lot. I've stayed over 1300 nights at Marriott hotels. Occasionally when I travel with family, I ask for a bump to a larger room for the kids. Marriott's are always good about helping out, except for this one. Now on two separate trips the front desk has told me things that aren't true. Just be honest and don't keep changing your story. I've never had another Marriott treat me like this.

Room Tip: Call the Residence Inn down the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DerringW33
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

DerringW33, thank you for taking the time to post this. Our property, like all Marriott properties, will happily upgrade guests if the room is available. Please contact me immediately at 501/225-6700 or Stephanie.Ferguson@TransInns.com so that I may better understand what happened during your stay and take appropriate actions at our property.

Stephanie Ferguson