“Sorry to say it was a bad experience.”
Review of NYPD Pizza

NYPD Pizza
Ranked #146 of 793 Restaurants in Little Rock
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We are listed on Urbanspoon and Yelp but not Tripadvisors and would like to be listed!
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Today I had lunch with co-workers at your restaurant. First off, I ordered unsweetened tea and my co-worker ordered sweet tea. When the waiter brought it, he said “sweet – sweet”. I told him no, mine was supposed to be unsweetened. He took it and brought back sweet tea. I just sat there and drank it thinking I would drink it down and when he came to refill I would tell him unsweet. He first told me that he said “sweet – unsweet” to indicate a correct order then argued with me semi-nicely that I had told him sweet tea. Not a big deal but it leads up to what has made me ill today.
I ordered a sausage roll. When it came out to me it looked marvelous. I cut into it and saw that it looked dough-y, not done all the way through. I asked the waiter to come over because I wanted to tell him in a quiet voice that it wasn’t done. He said “Oh, no that’s the cheese. We put a lot of cheese in it”. If he had looked a little closer, he would have seen what I was talking about. Well, it was apparent that I wasn’t going to get anywhere so I tried to eat it. I had to pick around on it to try and find the parts that were cooked enough to eat, hoping that it was just uncooked on the end I had originally cut into. It was hard to tell what was dough and what was cheese until I tried to eat it. If it was pulled away from the bread that was done, the consistency could be identified as dough. Who wants to sit with friends and have to pick around on something to try to eat it?
When the waiter came around to pick up the plates I told him that the bread actually wasn’t done. Every piece I tried to eat had raw dough. He said, “Oh really, thanks for telling me” then handed me a ticket. I asked him if he was going to charge me for something I could not eat? He said he would ask his manager. I then got a ticket where the manager had taken off about $6 of a $12 ticket.
I come to your restaurant quite often with my group from work. We all thought it was rather peculiar and maybe the waiter was having a bad day because he was not really paying attention. Right now, I feel as if I am going to become sick from that raw dough. It was unappetizing, unhealthy, did not taste good and was just a really bad experience.
Because I was trying to be nice and not cause a scene by insisting that the tea order was wrong and then the sausage roll was undone, I am feeling queasy – then to add insult to injury – the waiter and the manager apparently didn’t believe me. I won’t be back, and I had a lot of people there with me. They were not pleased with the way this was handled either, and there are a LOT of other restaurants around.
Just thought I’d let you know. ( I usually don't complain for the world to see but there is not an email address to correspond with NYPD Pizza. Oh well...)

3  Thank Julie L
There are newer reviews for NYPD Pizza

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I'm a local so I go to NYPD Pizza often. I love, love, love their pizza. I highly recommend stopping by for lunch or dinner if you are in town OR become a regular like me if you are a local! Delicious Pizza! Great wine! Fun atmosphere!

1  Thank kjuiliano
Reviewed 16 October 2011

It is thin crust pizzas and oven baked. Probably wish the sauce was a little thicker but I love this pizza. I always go with the 18 inch cheese (around $15). I freeze leftovers and reheat thru the week, if you like thin crust it is great.

1  Thank Wm D
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I grew up in NJ and NYPD has the best dough in Little Rock, it is close to the NY pizza made with that special NY water. We have tried many things on their menu and have not been disappointed. My NJ mother visited recently and she gave the nod to their eggplant. You will not disappointed if you are looking for a nice spot for dinner.

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Hello Folks, if your out near Pinnacle Mountain, Two Rivers Park or Maumelle Park in West Little Rock, stop in and visit NYPD Pizza. Its on Cantrell near the Ranch development.
Indoor and Outdoor seating. Great service, Very good pizza and meat balls.
Plus, they have tablecloths on the tables and a nice offering of beer and wine.
I like the Queens Delux with an order of meatballs and a Shiner bock.
Always hot pizza, best meatballs in town and cold Shiner.
Who could ask for anything more...?