“Neat little place in near the RiverMarket”

Historic Arkansas Museum
Ranked #17 of 91 things to do in Little Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: Recalling Arkansas' frontier days with restored pre-Civil War houses plus a museum center featuring full-scale galleries, interactive exhibits and more.
Heber Springs, Arkansas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Neat little place in near the RiverMarket”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

If you are a history buff, you will love this place! It is set up like the late 1800's early 1900's. Slavery is reenacted, blacksmithing, etc are there to view. Also, an Indian artifact room is indoors... although the employees didn't really let us touch much.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Annod2199

Crossett, Arkansas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A gem in downtown Little Rock!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I love this place. Time ran out and I didn't get to see the rest of the historic homes and inside galleries, but we'll be back. Tabby, who is working hard inside the Brownlee kitchen, is not to be missed! If you love history, you'll enjoy this little treasure. Staff is very helpful and the grounds are just amazing.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Heather K
Oranjestad, Aruba
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Back in time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

The museum itself contains all kinds of exhibits eg. the native inhabitants, the Bowie knife and some art. The outerpark has replica's of house's from that time. Inside are reenacting people telling you what/how things happended those days. Nice gren place in the middle of the city.

Visited August 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Surprised by how much I enjoyed this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

While looking for something unique to do in Little Rock, my family and I stopped here and gave it a go; glad we did. The grounds' buildings are neat but it's the actors they have onsite that make this place worth the stop. The man they had at the bar was one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever been able to meet; the history lesson he gave to us was superb and I wish I could have stayed even longer than the hour we spent listening to him. Inside the museum was also neat; they had a lot of artifacts that were very interesting. Bottom line - if you're in Little Rock and like history in any way, hit up this museum.

Visited July 2013
Newport Beach, California
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Excellent Patents Exhibit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Tours are given on the hour, but there is a great exhibit of patented inventions. The original patents are displayed along with miniatures of the invention. Early in the patent awarding history, miniatures of the invention had to be submitted along with the written application. When the patent office ran out of room to store these miniatures, that requirement was dropped. So the miniatures on display are quite old and interestingly described. My husband and I really loved this part of the museum.
The tour was of the oldest historic houses in Arkansas. Even though we have seen hundreds of these old buildings, we found new information and "appliances" that were intriguing.

Visited June 2013