“Waste of money”

Historic Arkansas Museum
Ranked #17 of 107 things to do in Little Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: Recalling Arkansas' frontier days with restored pre-Civil War houses plus a museum center featuring full-scale galleries, interactive exhibits and more.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This museum is a waste of space. The pieces on exhibit are not unique or interesting. The layout of the facility is lots of wasted space. The day we were there the doors were not working and they were not handing it very well.

All reviews
"small fee"
in 8 reviews
"the native american exhibit"
in 4 reviews
"american indian"
"free parking lot"
"original location"
"interesting exhibits"
in 5 reviews
"really enjoyed our visit"
"nice gift shop"
in 16 reviews
"knife"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Very nicely done and easy to see museum. Not everything was open on the Friday we did our visit.?? There was no charge to visit. Donations were an option. Good looking gift shop.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

To see the exhibits is free; to see the village is $1.50 for seniors. It's all worth it. The old tavern or grog shop is fascinating and the interpreters are quite good.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Based on the name, I was expecting a great resource of Arkansas history and this was far from that. There were exhibits on bowing knives, native americans, random things collected from AR (i.e. chairs - really?) and a few other things. Good thing this place was free, so I left within 1.5 hours (and I rarely spend less than 2 hours in most museums).

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I LOVED this little museum. The 1800s village was awesome - you get to see houses which have either been built there originally or have been restored, and have kept much of the original atmosphere of the city. I was there on a quiet day so I had plenty of time to walk about the galleries - actually, there is so much stuff there that I think I might have to go back eventually to fully appreciate the richness. The collection of modern art by local artist was my favorite! Highly recommended! And the sculptures in front of it make for some pretty cool photo ops.