“Kiyens”
Review of Kiyens

Kiyens
Reserve with OpenTable
Kiyens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 787 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cross street: Technology Drive
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Kiyens”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've been to Kiyens several times this year, and the food is undoubtedly superb. The sushi is of the highest quality and the steak fried rice is incredible. However, the restaurant's lack of organizational structure keeps it from being an elite restaurant. Chef Kiyen is a wonderful chef but he needs to do himself a favor and hire a restaurant manager. Time and again I've seen him running around the restaurant trying to micromanage everything rather than letting his staff do the work. The waitresses and cooks are rarely on the same page, resulting in poor service. My wife and I often double date there, and on one more than one occasion our food has come out 10-15 minutes apart. But I digress. The food is awesome. Hopefully the service gets better.

• Visited June 2014

“Avoid the Korean menu!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I used to live in South Korea and was so excited to finally have a Korean restaurant in Little Rock! The restaurant was very clean and decorated very tastefully. I arrived at 8:30 PM and there were 2 other people in the restaurant. I ordered the Bulgogi combo and the Kalbi rib combo (spicy) to take home. The side dishes were presented nicely and were edible. The cabbage kimchi was basic and bland. You can get much better and cheaper kimchi at any of the local Asian supermarkets in town. Both of the main dishes were extremely unappetizing in appearance and tasted much worse than they looked. The Bulgogi looked like a pile of slop/mush/old stew and tasted much worse than it looked. The Kalbi "ribs" were not on the bone and they were NOT short ribs, they appeared to be simply chunks of old fatty stew meat that had been seasoned very badly and cooked much too long. I poured the soup down the disposal with the uneaten main dishes. I had a margarita while I was waiting for my food to be prepared and it was absolutely the worst mixed drink I have ever attempted to drink. I left the margarita on the bar. All in all it was one of the worst meals and drink I have ever had.

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank Kelly T
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Fabulous sushi, Put yourself in Chef Kiyen's hands and you will have a delicious experience!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Kiyen's in Little Rock, AR is some of the best Sushi I have ever enjoyed! He is a master! You will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
“Kiyens Dinner”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Best experience ever! Kiyen is a very talented and amazing sushi chef!! Coming from the Iron Chef...no wonder! Chenal was seared to perfections - sauce mouth watering and left me wanting for even more...delicate flavors with a delightful atmosphere and great attention to detail! Plated perfection!! Chef Kiyen is such a delightful and sweet person he makes ever visit a pleasure!!

“SERIOUSLY!?”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

So if I want sushi in little rock, chances are you will find me here or Igibon, however, after my last experience at the sushi bar, I can promise you I won't be going back!! The sushi chef needs to take a lesson in people/ management skills. I'm sitting there enjoying my dinner on April 4th, when suddenly he storms off to the back and rips into the kitchen yelling like a mad man!!! REALLY! No thanks, learn how to treat people with some respect! Til then, good luck keeping a clientele!

Visited April 2014