“A little dip in service, but still good food.”
Review of Kiyens

Kiyens
Reserve with OpenTable
Kiyens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 787 Restaurants in Little Rock
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Technology Drive
Simsbury, Connecticut
“A little dip in service, but still good food.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We're fairly regular at Kiyen's, but this evening we wondered if there was new staff being trained. We ordered one wine and got another, although our server assured us we had the correct one. We also ordered one type of sushi, but got that and another, similar one (and charged for both)--pretty sure our server did not yet know the menu or wine list well.

On the other hand, the food was still excellent, service still friendly and quick, and the dining room was busier than usual on a weeknight--perhaps growing popularity has required some new hires. We plan to try again, as our favorite rolls are always best here.

• Visited July 2014

Little rock
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am currently 5 months into my pregnancy, and had been craving sushi for the longest time. My husband and I visited Kiyen's for the first time(we usually go to Samurai's on Shackleford). Was not disappointed at all. Our waitress, Elle, was very bright and gave us excellent service. She recommended the rolls for us since we had never been there before. The Burning Troi was delicious! Great atmosphere, delicious food, and awesome service. Will definitely be returning.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Janice1976
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Kiyens”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've been to Kiyens several times this year, and the food is undoubtedly superb. The sushi is of the highest quality and the steak fried rice is incredible. However, the restaurant's lack of organizational structure keeps it from being an elite restaurant. Chef Kiyen is a wonderful chef but he needs to do himself a favor and hire a restaurant manager. Time and again I've seen him running around the restaurant trying to micromanage everything rather than letting his staff do the work. The waitresses and cooks are rarely on the same page, resulting in poor service. My wife and I often double date there, and on one more than one occasion our food has come out 10-15 minutes apart. But I digress. The food is awesome. Hopefully the service gets better.

• Visited June 2014
“Avoid the Korean menu!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I used to live in South Korea and was so excited to finally have a Korean restaurant in Little Rock! The restaurant was very clean and decorated very tastefully. I arrived at 8:30 PM and there were 2 other people in the restaurant. I ordered the Bulgogi combo and the Kalbi rib combo (spicy) to take home. The side dishes were presented nicely and were edible. The cabbage kimchi was basic and bland. You can get much better and cheaper kimchi at any of the local Asian supermarkets in town. Both of the main dishes were extremely unappetizing in appearance and tasted much worse than they looked. The Bulgogi looked like a pile of slop/mush/old stew and tasted much worse than it looked. The Kalbi "ribs" were not on the bone and they were NOT short ribs, they appeared to be simply chunks of old fatty stew meat that had been seasoned very badly and cooked much too long. I poured the soup down the disposal with the uneaten main dishes. I had a margarita while I was waiting for my food to be prepared and it was absolutely the worst mixed drink I have ever attempted to drink. I left the margarita on the bar. All in all it was one of the worst meals and drink I have ever had.

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank Kelly T
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Fabulous sushi, Put yourself in Chef Kiyen's hands and you will have a delicious experience!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Kiyen's in Little Rock, AR is some of the best Sushi I have ever enjoyed! He is a master! You will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014