“Unexpected Poor Quality”

Hampton Inn & Suites West Little Rock
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Unexpected poor quality for the brand. Hot tub and breakfast were nasty. Hot tub had 12 inches of foam on top. It needed to closed and dumped for public safety. The hot breakfast was the worst I've ever had in a hotel. I should have stayed at the LaQuinta, it had better accomadations for have the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alec C
Arkansan1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites West Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

When you checked in to my property earlier this month you let the front desk know that there was 6-inches of foam in our hot tub. Unfortunately, we did not know about this issue until you brought it to our attention. You expressed to the Front Desk, the years of professional experience you had in the hotel industry as a Chief Maintenance Engineer at some hotels in the Little Rock area. We appreciated the information that you provided to us regarding the foam in our hot tub, and assumed that you were doing that as a "Good Gesture" since you have worked in the same industry as we do.

We immediately corrected the issue and found that someone had put bubble bath in the hot tub, causing the foam.

I am humbled by the many positive comments we typically receive from our guests, and their positive experiences they have while staying with us. I am sorry that you did not have this experience, but am happy that you have found a hotel brand that you are more comfortable staying with, as you mention in the response you posted. It is unfortunate and regretful that your communication to us was not in the form of a good gesture, and that you did not give us the opportunity to see that we had corrected the issue immediately.

Hotel Managment

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We checked in very late when traveling through Little Rock for one night. The front desk attendant was very pleasant and helpful even though he was at the end of his shift. The breakfast served by Alicia, tasted unusually good even though it was the same foods I have had in other Hamptons. Our room was very clean and comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I frequently travel with my son to Little Rock from Missouri so he can be treated at Arkansas Children's Hospital. The staff is always amazing, the atmosphere is professional and clean, and it is a comfortable place to be after my son undergoes surgery. We have always had nothing but the best experiences at this hotel. Highly recommend! It is also located close to many great restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel was very nicely kept, the room was nice, and the hotel was quiet. We had nothing to complain about. The breakfast was not great but free buffet breakfasts seldom are.

There were plenty of nearby food options

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Staff was amazing and very friendly. There was a 50 cent happy hour of beer and wine. However, the hotel was simply not that clean. If the hotel was cleaner, I would definitely stay there again. The location was convenient but there was tons of construction so plan accordingly. However, one of the best staffs that I have ever seen.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah I
Arkansan1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites West Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so disappointed that we completely dropped the ball in your room cleanliness. I have shared this information with our Executive Housekeeper and I appreciate you emailing me personally to let me know of the exact cleanliness issues in your room. We got off track and somehow did not get your assigned room inspected properly prior to your arrival.

I assure you that it will not happen again, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you we can do a much better job.

At Your Service Sincerely,

Jessica

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The decor is wonderful and comfortable. The room was very nice with quality bed linens and was extremely quiet for a hotel. The lobby convenience store has a great selection of travel needs and snacks....even beer and wine. They offered a great complimentary breakfast each day but I couldn't resist the Krispy Kreme doughnut store right next door!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I always enjoy staying at the Hampton Inn in Little Rock when I'm home on vacation. It's a beautiful place and everyone is very cordial and welcoming. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo