“OK Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Northern Virginia
“OK Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Yes, it's an older hotel, but who cares as long as I can sleep right? The hotel room had a full kitchen attached to it. I didn't get to investigate it much since I was only staying one night, but it looked nice. The bed was fine, the sink is in the room (instead of in the bathroom). Didn't bother me any, but might bother people that have more than one person in the room. I will say this hotel was rather loud though. I sleep with earplugs in (bad habit I picked up in noisy college dorms), and I woke up twice to the sound of neighbors deciding they needed to shower. Such a bummer to lay awake waiting for them to finish so I can drift off to sleep again! Also, my room faced the front road and the airport. Airport traffic will be noisy anywhere, but the front road seems to carry some trucks with it. Not a big deal, but I did notice it a couple of times. The breakfast was fine, I had some healthy selections.

Tip: If you book with Hotels.com (I did over my smartphone), they will upgrade you to the room with the kitchen upon check-in, and will also give you some snacks and a bottle of water! The staff was very friendly, and the hotel lobby was very decorated for Saint Patrick's Day! Fun!

The location is great for either those that have a plane to catch, or those wanting a hotel right off the highway (without the highway noise!).

Room Tip: Choose back of hotel, away from Roosevelt Rd! Water pipes are loud everywhere unfortunately.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
baxterflorenceky, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
I am gald that you liked the snacks at check-in and the friendly staff. The lobby is always decorated with whatever occasion is coming as it dose make the guest feel like home away from home. I do apoligze for your room being on the noisy side. The water pressure in some of our rooms are one of our concerns that we are working on to correct. I would like to Thank you for taking the time to let me know of your experinces while staying at the hotel. We look forward to your next visit and we will make sure that you will be on the back side of the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
STL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

i just got back from a week long business trip to little rock arkansas. My stay at the comfort inn at the airport was a good one. It is like a home away from home. The staff is friendly, although it was a little older the hotel was had everything that I needed for my stay and was very convenient. the hotel lobby restaurant bar is a great feature with very friendly staff. I would recommend the hotel for business travel in the area.

Room Tip: sign up for comfort inns club to earn points for free rooms and upgrades to suites.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
baxterflorenceky, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is always pleasure to have our guest share their experince when they stay with us. We hope you will stay with us again on your future travels.
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

We just spent one night here on a Choice Privileges reward, but we were very satisfied. Our room, on the 5th floor, was on the small side but quite comfortable. The room was very clean. The bed was really comfy, the WiFi worked well, it had an excellent shower, and we had a nice view of the airport. The receptionist who had checked us in was very friendly and helpful - a step above what we're used to in motels. And the breakfast was above average, with fresh, hot sausage patties, hash browns, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy and plenty of other choices (we were prepared to go to the nearby Waffle House to have a "real breakfast," but this one was good enough and we didn't have to spend that extra money). They have a large lobby which is very attractive, and free newspapers and coffee. The only complaint that I had was that breakfast was served from 4 am to 9 am, which means that we had to get up earlier than we would have liked - if they served it until 9:30 or 10:00 am, I would have had nothing at all to complain about!

Would stay here again next time in Little Rock.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tumbleweeds023
baxterflorenceky, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
On behalf of our hotel staff . Thank you for your kind words about my hotel and staff. It is always a pleasure to hear from guest when they give the staff praise for the jobs that they do.
The hours for breakfast I agree are early but the guest flying out early do love the hours.
I am delighted that you are a Choice member and decided to use your points to stay with us. Again Thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Southaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

This place is a lot nicer than the price may indicate and is perfect for an overnight stay to catch an early flight to the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was just fine for my needs.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel. Yes indeed we have had a lot of changes going on. New pillow top mattresses, new draperies, new vanities and new flat screen televisions. We appreciate comments from our guest and Thank you so much for yours. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Front Desk was very friendly and helpful. Loved the decorated lobby are made us feel right at home. The room was decorated with warm colors and was very clean. Would stay again

Room Tip: Enjoyed being in the Suites
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
baxterflorenceky, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and the Christmas decorations in our lobby. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed two nights. The room was kinda trashy. Paint chipping off everywhere, stains on the floor, holes (small from nails perhaps) in the walls, and more. At 3 in the morning, our smoke detector started beeping (not from fire, just battery issue we assumed). My wife checked it, and it had not one, not two, but NO batteries in it. The next morning, she told the front desk, and they said that maintenance would fix it. Maintenance never showed up. At noon, she asked again, and was once again told that maintenance would fix it. At two in the afternoon, she asked again, and was once again told that maintenance had been informed, and would take care of it... but she was given 2 batteries to put in it herself. It's not our place to do maintenance's job. It continued to beep EVERY 45 SECONDS from 3 in the morning (at least that's when we noticed it first) until 7 in the evening when I couldn't take hearing it anymore and finally took it down. Later in the evening, she asked if anyone was going to take care of it, and the front desk clerk said that maintenance is off-duty and would take care of it tomorrow. Like it was no big deal. The desk clerk also stated that if we wanted, we could just disconnect the smoke alarm. IF YOU HAVE NO SMOKE ALARM, IT'S KIND OF A BIG DEAL. A SAFETY HAZARD. I don't want to put neither mine nor my wifes life at stake 'hoping' there won't be a fire. We were given another room, and the other room was just as bad (small holes in the wall, torn carpet, HORRIBLE paint job, and in the new room, the light switches in the bathroom were mis-wired. You have two switches, one for lights, and one for vent/fan. I know that's the way it's supposed to be set up b/c I've done wiring in the past, and it was this way in the first room. This one, the first switch operated both; the lights and vent/fan. The other switch operated nothing, however, it was not installed correctly either, because you could see inside the receptacles. You're not supposed to see inside it at all, let alone the wiring. If a child were to turn on/off the light, they could EASILY get their finger caught inside, and be electrocuted. I can't blame the desk clerk for our stay, but maintenance has not even been half-assing their job, and the manager should be following up on how their rooms are kept. All of these things should be taken care of prior to putting a guest in. This place will always have guests, being right next to the airport, pilots and flight attendants stay here. But just because you KNOW you will have guests, does not mean you should let the place fall apart, and brush off guest safety as 'no big deal'.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 separate rooms on the 5th (smoking) floor, both were very poor. We only seen the two...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JLaw78
baxterflorenceky, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Thank You for taking the time to inform me of the issues with your stay. When you arrived at the hotel you had reserved a non smoking room you asked to be moved to a smoking room. My front desk staff moved you at your request. When the smoke detector started beeping the front desk staff offered to move your rooms and you declined. The front desk then offered to change the batteries for you and you declined stating your husband was asleep and you didn't want to wake him. Upon your vist to our c-store the front desk asked if the alarm was still beeping and your response was no. Two hours later you wanted to move to another room which the front desk changed your rooms. You stayed two days with us and we appreciate your business. Upon checking out I spoke with you about the problems that you experienced. I did apologize to you for the issues and refunded your night stay. I also assured you that the problem would be taken care of the minute that you checked out. As to date this has been done. The pictures that are along with your pictures are from 2006 as the rooms have all been redone we do not have any wallpapper in the rooms. When you left the hotel you told me that you were satisifed with the refund and that the issues would be taken care of. I take the concerns, comments and safety of each one my guest very seriously and do my best to see that each guest is pleased with their stay. I do apoligize for any inconvienice that you encountered during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Great people, great service, and a great time. They even serve milk and warm cookies every night AR 8 pm. Clean room, good wifi, good snackbar. Definitely our favorite place to stay when visiting Little Rock. And free shuttle to/from the airport.

• Stayed November 2011