“What a joke”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #34 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed across bridge last month at a days motel and got bad service. So on this trip I decided to pay a little more to stay at comfort inn.
The gentleman at front named frank was WONDERFUL and he tried to help as best he could.
However, when I got in my room it smelled like smoke badly. I asked to be moved,frank moved me but this room had a mold smell. I was too exhausted so I stayed. The phone didnt work, I did not get my wake up call and when I asked tk talk to a manager, I was told by the girl up front that her manager was too busy to see me.
I had many more issues but let me also say that even though your drink prices are high, the barkeep lady name Dianne was GREAT! She had a wonderful spirit about herself and should be commended. I wish she worked at a better hotel but she is great.
I wont stay here again but franklin and diane were the best and I appreciate them. Hotel could certainly use better management

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Williamdj
baxterflorenceky, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your hotel room.We do try and make our guest have the most pleasant stay and if you did not experince this then we should have had a conservation. If you will call me we will talk about your other issues, I have never refused to talk to any of my guest or ever been to busy to speak with them. I do apoligze that the front desk told you this.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife had an early morning flight, and we decided that it would be easier just to spend the night NEXT to the airport. I'm glad that we did. As others have said, this is a little older place, there's signs. The roof over the hotel was buckling a bit, with plaster about to fall, if you prodded it, but nothing really major. The room was clean and quiet, the service was great. The people were friendly, the breakfast was pretty nice, about what you expect, and the prices were really very good. I also checked and was told that I could spend the night, then leave my car there and take the hotel shuttle to the airport and back. The cost of parking would be $20 for up to a week, then $3 a day after that. All in all a heck of a deal, I'm really going to have to consider this for future use. One other major factor, in consideration of travellers, the morning breakfast buffet was available at something like 4:30 AM! That's very considerate of them, and would work out very nicely. Despite being NEXT DOOR to the airport, I didn't notice any noise from the airplanes (Unlike a Memphis hotel that I stayed in, where we HEARD planes every 5 minutes all night long!)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Rick G
baxterflorenceky, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor about your recent stay .
The breakfast starts every morning at 4am. The park and fly packages was designed with our guest in mind to make planning their trip to and from the airport less hectic. The shuttle
starts at 4am and runs until 11pm with a wait time of less than 10 minutes. I am glad you had the oppurtunity to use this service.
Yes we are a older hotel but my staff and myself take great pride in our clean rooms and customer service. Thank you for staying with us and hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Yes, it's an older hotel, but who cares as long as I can sleep right? The hotel room had a full kitchen attached to it. I didn't get to investigate it much since I was only staying one night, but it looked nice. The bed was fine, the sink is in the room (instead of in the bathroom). Didn't bother me any, but might bother people that have more than one person in the room. I will say this hotel was rather loud though. I sleep with earplugs in (bad habit I picked up in noisy college dorms), and I woke up twice to the sound of neighbors deciding they needed to shower. Such a bummer to lay awake waiting for them to finish so I can drift off to sleep again! Also, my room faced the front road and the airport. Airport traffic will be noisy anywhere, but the front road seems to carry some trucks with it. Not a big deal, but I did notice it a couple of times. The breakfast was fine, I had some healthy selections.

Tip: If you book with Hotels.com (I did over my smartphone), they will upgrade you to the room with the kitchen upon check-in, and will also give you some snacks and a bottle of water! The staff was very friendly, and the hotel lobby was very decorated for Saint Patrick's Day! Fun!

The location is great for either those that have a plane to catch, or those wanting a hotel right off the highway (without the highway noise!).

Room Tip: Choose back of hotel, away from Roosevelt Rd! Water pipes are loud everywhere unfortunately.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
baxterflorenceky, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

I am gald that you liked the snacks at check-in and the friendly staff. The lobby is always decorated with whatever occasion is coming as it dose make the guest feel like home away from home. I do apoligze for your room being on the noisy side. The water pressure in some of our rooms are one of our concerns that we are working on to correct. I would like to Thank you for taking the time to let me know of your experinces while staying at the hotel. We look forward to your next visit and we will make sure that you will be on the back side of the hotel.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

i just got back from a week long business trip to little rock arkansas. My stay at the comfort inn at the airport was a good one. It is like a home away from home. The staff is friendly, although it was a little older the hotel was had everything that I needed for my stay and was very convenient. the hotel lobby restaurant bar is a great feature with very friendly staff. I would recommend the hotel for business travel in the area.

Room Tip: sign up for comfort inns club to earn points for free rooms and upgrades to suites.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
baxterflorenceky, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is always pleasure to have our guest share their experince when they stay with us. We hope you will stay with us again on your future travels.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

We just spent one night here on a Choice Privileges reward, but we were very satisfied. Our room, on the 5th floor, was on the small side but quite comfortable. The room was very clean. The bed was really comfy, the WiFi worked well, it had an excellent shower, and we had a nice view of the airport. The receptionist who had checked us in was very friendly and helpful - a step above what we're used to in motels. And the breakfast was above average, with fresh, hot sausage patties, hash browns, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy and plenty of other choices (we were prepared to go to the nearby Waffle House to have a "real breakfast," but this one was good enough and we didn't have to spend that extra money). They have a large lobby which is very attractive, and free newspapers and coffee. The only complaint that I had was that breakfast was served from 4 am to 9 am, which means that we had to get up earlier than we would have liked - if they served it until 9:30 or 10:00 am, I would have had nothing at all to complain about!

Would stay here again next time in Little Rock.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tumbleweeds023
baxterflorenceky, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

On behalf of our hotel staff . Thank you for your kind words about my hotel and staff. It is always a pleasure to hear from guest when they give the staff praise for the jobs that they do.
The hours for breakfast I agree are early but the guest flying out early do love the hours.
I am delighted that you are a Choice member and decided to use your points to stay with us. Again Thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Flo Newsom

Reviewed 22 December 2011

This place is a lot nicer than the price may indicate and is perfect for an overnight stay to catch an early flight to the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was just fine for my needs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel. Yes indeed we have had a lot of changes going on. New pillow top mattresses, new draperies, new vanities and new flat screen televisions. We appreciate comments from our guest and Thank you so much for yours. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Flo Newsom

Reviewed 3 December 2011

Front Desk was very friendly and helpful. Loved the decorated lobby are made us feel right at home. The room was decorated with warm colors and was very clean. Would stay again

Room Tip: Enjoyed being in the Suites
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
baxterflorenceky, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and the Christmas decorations in our lobby. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.