“Good place for an overnight stop”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
“Good place for an overnight stop”
Reviewed 5 March 2011

After 20hours of flying I needed somewhere I could just fall into and this was perfect, they offer a free shuttle day or night which was perfect. Once on the property I was warmly welcomed, given a good brief of the hotel and quickly checked in. The room itself was very comfortable, clean and quiet. My only gripe was some hair grips that were left on the floor but everything else was spotless. All staff were friendly and happy to chat, the on site bar offered basic meals, the lounge area was comfortable and the high speed wireless Internet was exactly that. They also offer free milk and cookies each evening which was a nice and unexpected touch. Overall excellent, highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Phill1312

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mountain View, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 January 2011

This past November I stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport before catching a flight out early the next morning at Little Rock National Airport. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn once or twice a year over the past six years when catching an early flight. They have a park and fly rate that is very good. You can stay and park for a week for about what it would cost to park at the airport.

The rooms are fairly large and are clean. It is quiet even being so close to the airport. They offer a shuttle to and from the airport which is only five minutes away. They have a decent continental breakfast but most times I just skip it since we are catching one of the first flights out of the airport. The best thing about the facility is the staff. Everyone is very friendly and efficient and helpful. I keep coming back year after year to stay there before flying out of the airport in LR. I plan to stay there again before flying out for Guatemala next month.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Razorfish
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 14 January 2011

The hotel is nice, located right near the airport. Noise, though, was not an issue. The rooms were clean but very crowded with little room to move about. The king bed was comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast was a disappointment. The waffle iron was cold and other guests said it was cold the day before due to no batter. However, staff was nice and we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank jamesb4andafter
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 November 2010

We chose this hotel because of a discount coupon, but were pleasantly suprised with the facility. Very friendly staff, good breakfast. The only drawback was that our room seemed small. Should have had one double bed rather than a king. But everythng worked and it was very clean.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 123flash
Almost Heaven
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Excellent staff who do all they can to help. Rate was even better than expected. Shuttle was at airport in under five minutes from time of call. Room was huge and far beyond expectations. Everything was spotless! Very quiet, plus loved the idea of the evening reception of milk and cookies. The free breakfast that begins in the very early morning hours makes me so glad I selected this hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Heavenlyday
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed 30 October 2010

This property is very close to the airport but the noise did not bother me and I am a very light sleeper. A great choice if you get in late and want to get settled in quickly. The free shuttle can be there in 5 minutes!
The lobby was bright and attractive. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
They had hot options for breakfast and a small area for light dinners too. I would stay here again. It is not close to anything else but the airport and sometimes that works for business travelers.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Bryan, TX
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We spent one night here while traveling through Little Rock. It's an airport hotel, and there's not much else around, but it's still only a few minutes drive to other parts of Little Rock.

First, the good parts: we were able to get a 1 bedroom suite, for only $10 more than the basic room. The room was HUGE: a living room with two sofas, a recliner (that really reclined), a workdesk and chair, a table with two chairs, TV, coffee table, etc; a small kitchen area; a large bedroom separated by a door (this is great when traveling with our kids, so that we can put them to bed early). Again, the price was great - less than I'd pay for a regular room most places, and only a little more than a regular room (there were "1 room suites", without the separating door, for $5 more than the basic room). The lobby area was decent, with a small convenience store area (not cheap, but very convenient), a small workout room. Breakfast was OK. Wireless internet worked well. Staff was friendly. No pool, but other than that, it seemed to basically have everything I would have hoped for. My first impression was so positive that I would have given it a 5 star rating.

However, we had one major problem: bugs. First, I'll say that my impression was that all of Little Rock and Eastern Arkansas was thick with bugs at the time, but I think our problem was more with the room. We saw numerous bugs, mostly in the living room/kitchen area. I killed several ants, a couple of black beetles of some sort, and three cockroaches (a couple more scurried into hiding before I could get them). The first one or two bugs I thought might be a random wanderers, but after they continued showing up for a few hours, and scurrying into gaps in the molding and into the couch, I was convinced it was a more significant problem. Our kids were in bed, so it was too late to ask to change rooms. We left the lights on in the living room area overnight, since we didn't want to let the roaches all come out at once. At this point, I was ready to give a 1 star rating.

There were a couple of other minor issues - water didn't work well in the mini-kitchen, freezer needed to be defrosted, broken cover on the A/C controller, some small paint touchups needed - but none were serious.

The next morning at checkout, I told the person at the front desk, just to let them know about the bug issue. The General Manager also came over to talk with me about it. Overall, they seemed a) genuinely surprised to hear about this (evidently no one had ever reported such problems in the room!!!), and b) like they would take it very seriously and fix the problem. They also basically refunded my entire room cost - not necessary, but it did give me a much more positive opinion.

Overall, I would not want to stay there again if the bug problem remained, but I feel pretty confident that they will fix whatever issues were causing it. I had trouble figuring out what rating to give, but I'm giving it a positive review, about like I would if the bug problem were fixed, including saying I'd recommend it. I would be willing to give it another shot, myself.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family