“Excellent”

Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Dallas Tx
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I was on business made a reservation while driving, it was the very first hotel that came up in the search for little rock Arkansas. I checked in and the manager greeted me well the clerk checking me in was very friendly and sweet. The eye catcher was the bar right as I walked in looked great. The rooms were nice and the area was peaceful. I couldn't have asked for a better place. I looked forward to coming back to little rock.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oberlin, LA
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed at Holiday Inn Little Rock West-Financial Pky on our way to Branson Missouri the night of December 28, 2013. Directions to motel not good, especially with all the nearby construction. The motel has large nice rooms. They seem to have been recently updated. The only thing that was not updated was the old tub. The front desk workers were really helpful with a room change and directions to restaurants. Only wish: welcome coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Madisonville, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed at this property on Christmas Eve. Check in was easy, but desk clerk was on the phone even as she checked me in. It certainly sounded like a personal call, and would have preferred she would have been more attentive to her guest. The room was GREAT!!!!! Large, comfortable, nice modern layout and very nice furnishings. I did have breakfast on Christmas morning and yes, it cost $10, but well worth it. I had a made to order omelet that was large and very good. I also had all of the "continental" items available. Checking out was similar to checking in. Clerk was on the phone the whole time and I certainly was not her first priority.

It is a little complicated getting to this hotel because of the highway construction. But, that is not the hotel's fault. Overall I was very pleased with this experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Thankfully, we stayed here for only one night. Although the rooms are nice enough (firm beds, clean, new, and contemporary), there were multiple problems. First, as other reviewers have noted, getting to the hotel is a challenge due to the massive construction. That turned out to be the least of our issues. The phone in the room did not work. I called on my cell to ask for extra pillows that were never delivered and no explanation offered as to why. The drain in the tub/shower combo would not stay open, so we had to prop a bar of soap in the drain while we showered. We had to call the front desk to ask how to turn on the shower (it is NOT intuitive and the desk clerk said we were not the first to ask). One of the reasons we chose this property is because we knew we would want a cocktail at the end of our long drive. The "bar" was unmanned and never open --- and this was a Saturday evening. Even had it been open, I doubt we would have been satisifed, as it looked as if the cocktail options were severely limited (about 6 bottles of booze on the "bar"). Don't be fooled by the breakfast offered in the hotel. There were some items set out and available on a breakfast bar (the usual toast, fruit, cereal, etc.), but we did not realize that the breakfast was not included in the hotel charge. The continental breakfast is $7 each (for coffee, an english muffin, and a bowl of fruit). When the "wait staff" did acknowledge us and ask if we wanted something to drink, I asked for orange juice. We were surprised when we got the bill and this was an additional $2.50. Shame on us for not paying closer attention, but I think the hotel should also make it a little more clear that breakfast is not free - even though the breakfast is set up this way. We travel through Little Rock at least twice a year. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank STLWomanStuckinTX
Seth R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Little Rock West - Chenal Pkwy, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear STLWoman Stuckin TX,

Thank you for your continued trust within the IHG Brand of hotels. At the Holiday Inn Little Rock -West we strive to provide exceptional service to our guest. Unfortunately, we failed regarding your recent stay.

Experience means everything to our hotel and we regret you had a disappointing experience during your recent stay. At your convenience, please contact me so we can discuss compensation for your unsatisfactory experience. Upon a satisfactory solution, I hope that you will give our hotel another opportunity to give you the type of service that you deserve.

Hospitality yours,

Seth Rolfe
501-225-1075
Seth.rolfe@phghotels.com
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 17 December 2013

this is a three star hotel however it was clean and smelled good. the rooms were modern and the mattress was firm. the tv was flat screen. the breakfast in the hotel lobby was pleasnatly good. the chef came around to ask everyone how was the breakfast. which is unusual. the service was good and friendly.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Traverse City, MI
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have been coming to Little Rock for 9 years and this far surpasses any other hotel we have stayed at. Wonderful breakfast. Pleasant, helpful staff. I hate to make it sound too good for fear it will be booked when we return!

• Stayed November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 November 2013

the staff can be short and freak out on customers simple tasks seems to confuse the front desk staff and they seem just north of rude. the food was over priced for the quality, the bar wasnt even open at 10pm on a saturday. went to west end great bar if you are in the area good food great music and awesome staff try the bbq its mouthwatering

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank abby n
Seth R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Little Rock West - Chenal Pkwy, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for informing me of your recent experience at our property. Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay.

Please know our staff continuously strives to give our guests the best possible service and accommodations. I was sadden to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay due to our front desk staff and restaurant pricing/hours. However, I am glad that you were able to find a restaurant that you enjoyed while you we in the city. At your convenience, Please contact me so we can discuss compensation for your experience. I can be reached directly at seth.rolfe@phghotels.com or 501-225-1075.

We appreciate your patronage and thank you for taking the time to express your concerns.

At your service,