“Loved this little zoo”
Review of Little Rock Zoo

Little Rock Zoo
Ranked #15 of 91 things to do in Little Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: It's fun to monkey around in this zoo that features such renowned exhibits as the "Great Ape," "Big Cat Habitat" and "Red Panda."
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved this little zoo”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We were able to go through this zoo for half a day. It was small but my girlfriends and I loved it so much. It was nice that the animals seemed like they had more space compared to other zoos. They could also be viewed from a variety of angles. I would come back and take my family here.

1 Thank iamjessij

Little Rock, Arkansas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Great zoo for a smaller town”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Reading the negative reviews of the LR Zoo I wonder what it is being compared to? No, it's not the National Zoo in DC or any of the other huge zoos in big cities. But it has made great strides in the last few years and construction and improvements continue. To complain about construction is like reviewing a restaurant the first night it's opened. Come back when the projects are complete and then write your review. And to say the "animals looked depressed" how do you arrive at that conclusion, oh excuse me, you're an animal psychiatrist.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank oldcpa
Kansas City, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Saddest Zoo in the world”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The animals here look so depressed. The exhibits are unkept and dirty. The train doesn't work more than half the time.

1 Thank lionheart14
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Decent....”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I would like to start by saying that I am a zoo fanatic. I go to zoos anywhere we travel. With that said, this zoo was decent. It was better than I expected, but was nothing to write home about. Several animals were missing, plenty of construction was being done, and some of the animal cages has this cheesy ivy painted onto the glass and walls looking as though they were decorated by a child. There was a decent selection of animals though, and it would be great for families with young children such as mine.

Hot Springs National Park
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Really Nice Family Outing”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Although it is a bit tricky to find, this jewel is well worth the effort. We previously lived in major metropolitan cities so we didn't really expect much for a smaller town zoo. We were so wrong! There is a very nice variety of exhibits which are well maintained. The animals were all healthy, alert and apparently happy. The grounds were nicely kept with a variety of plants. There was plenty of shade and many "rest stops." Nice educational aspects as well as efforts for environmental responsibility. Kudos to all involved. We really enjoyed our visit and will return again.

Visited March 2014