“Great Zoo”
Review of Little Rock Zoo

Little Rock Zoo
Ranked #16 of 93 things to do in Little Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: It's fun to monkey around in this zoo that features such renowned exhibits as the "Great Ape," "Big Cat Habitat" and "Red Panda."
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I purchased a new camera and wanting something interesting to photograph have been to three zoos in the past month. I have to say, in many ways, this is the best.

They had a great selection of different animals, and had managed to place the animals where they could be easily seen, and more importantly photographed. Many of the displays could be viewed from different angles.

Most of the animals seemed pretty health and happy. Sure, they'd probably prefer roaming the wild, but in this day and age, they'd be shot by some big game hunter or poacher by the end of the day, so they will probably be better cared for here.

The elephants looked a little depressed, but I understand at least one of them was a rescue animal from a circus.

As zoos go this is a really good one, plenty to see, and very photographer friendly. Oh and excellent value for money too.

There are newer reviews for Little Rock Zoo

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We were able to go through this zoo for half a day. It was small but my girlfriends and I loved it so much. It was nice that the animals seemed like they had more space compared to other zoos. They could also be viewed from a variety of angles. I would come back and take my family here.

1  Thank iamjessij
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Reading the negative reviews of the LR Zoo I wonder what it is being compared to? No, it's not the National Zoo in DC or any of the other huge zoos in big cities. But it has made great strides in the last few years and construction and improvements continue. To complain about construction is like reviewing a restaurant the first night it's opened. Come back when the projects are complete and then write your review. And to say the "animals looked depressed" how do you arrive at that conclusion, oh excuse me, you're an animal psychiatrist.

3  Thank oldcpa
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The animals here look so depressed. The exhibits are unkept and dirty. The train doesn't work more than half the time.

1  Thank lionheart14
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I would like to start by saying that I am a zoo fanatic. I go to zoos anywhere we travel. With that said, this zoo was decent. It was better than I expected, but was nothing to write home about. Several animals were missing, plenty of construction was being done, and some of the animal cages has this cheesy ivy painted onto the glass and walls looking as though they were decorated by a child. There was a decent selection of animals though, and it would be great for families with young children such as mine.