“Service is slipping?”

Arkansas Arts Center
Ranked #14 of 91 things to do in Little Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: This is the largest art museum in Arkansas.
Little Rock, Arkansas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Service is slipping?”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I used to visit the AAC a few times a year, but until last week it had been close to a year since I'd had the opportunity to get over there. While the facilities are still great and the exhibits are lovely, especially considering it's Little Rock, the customer service isn't what it used to be ... or at least wasn't the day I was visited. The person I asked for help didn't know the answer to my question and had to call for a supervisor to come out. The supervisor was cold, unhelpful, and acted like she had better things to do. She was just almost downright rude. It made the whole experience a frustrating one. I'm hoping the girl was just having a bad day and that this isn't indicative of the way things are now. Regardless, it made for a bad time.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank MrsMegM

Texas
341 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,705 helpful votes
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The Arkansas Arts Center, located in historic MacArthur Park, should not be considered a major museum of art. With rare exception, this museum houses contemporary/modern art. Photography is not permitted in the special exhibit areas of this museum, which make up most of the building. I was disappointed with this museum. I am sure Arkansas has more to offer when it comes to art museums. While no admission fee is required, a suggested donation is encouraged. I would not return to this museum.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank CJTravelerTexas
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AR Art Center - Treasures of Kenwood House”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Absolutely incredible exhibition going on, but only a short time left !!! The paintings from Kenwood House, London are in AR for the first time ever. Rembrandt's self portrait is simply amazing. The restaurant in the AR Art Center is very nice - we had brunch there yesterday and then saw the exhibition. Highly recommended !!!!

Visited September 2013
Crossett, Arkansas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Kenwood House exhibit was spectacular!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I loved the Kenwood House exhibit! Beautiful! Kudos to everyone who made this exhibit possible.
Inside the permanent gallery I really enjoyed the Italian fresco of the stoning of St. Stephen. The etchings by Rembrandt were also very good. Lots of interesting pieces of contemporary art. If you are staying in downtown LR, in the River Market District, either drive or take a taxi. If you must walk, like we did, walk down Main Street and turn left on 9th. The day before our visit, we walked through some seedy areas between our hotel and the Arts Center. Not pleasant! My hope is that one day they will have a shuttle or expand the streetcar line down to MacArthur Park. I heard other people complain about the area and say the same thing.

Visited August 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Quaint art museum”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a small place, but it is fortunately free. They had a couple of rooms worth of paintings that were more than 200 years old (which is what I go to art museums to see) and a good amount of modern art. It was housed in a nice building and they had a limited time exhibit that we could have went to if we wanted to pay extra money. I wouldn't go back but they did have some nice stuff (a Monet and a Rembrandt if I remember right). But, since it's free, I'd recommend it for a quiet afternoon.

Visited July 2013