“Icy impassible Roads Unable To Get to Hotel NO REFUND” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legacy Hotel

Legacy Hotel
Ranked #54 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Icy impassible Roads Unable To Get to Hotel NO REFUND”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We where suppose to goto the Jimmy Buffet Concert in Little Rock but mother nature had a different idea. Yes a Ice Storm Hit the area. Even the Trucking Company I work for would not send drivers out on the roads. Any way they canceled the concert on Friday. I found out at 3 15 pm that this had happened. I went to Hotels.com to cancel my room because I had til Friday to cancel it. Well by the time I figured out how to cancel the room it was 3 30. Well I was told no refund would be issued per the hotel. I called the hotel and spoke with the front desk and he told me that hotel policy was no refunds after 3 pm. I was like I would understand that in decent weather but its an ice storm , the highway patrol has told people to stay off roads and it was unsafe to make the drive from Memphis to littlerock. He said sorry hotel policy and he could not do anything. I said ok let me speak to your owners . He patched me through to a voice mail and I left my info and contact number. Well this person never called me back. Apparently they do not care about their patrons and the negative reviews must be true. Like I said it was only 30 mins past 3 and it was an Ice Storm. I guess I can be happy my wife and I are safe at home and only lost $82 but be warned the owners here care nothing about you all they care about is the money. Still dumbfounded they wanted us to ignore the highway patrol and all the new stations and the ice on the roads and drive to their hotel putting not only our lifes in jeopardy but others on the roads. Remember I am a truck driver so sometimes I have to drive in weather like this but only drive to the closes place to pull off road and wait it out.

Room Tip: Find a hotel that cares and stay away from this one
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Clayton AndStef... W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed her on a business trip and don't usually write reviews, but felt I needed to give warning. My room was not only outdated but dirty. There was a huge roach on the wall above my bed. Everything was dirty, hair in the bathtub and Bobbie pins/trash on the bathroom floor. We complained to the front desk and since we booked thru another website she told us we would need to go thru them to get our money back. I took a picture of the roach and showed it to her, and She said they had just sprayed for roaches but guess it doesn't kill them all!?!? We left, went down the road to another hotel, and did get our refund the next day. Do not let the pictures on the web site fool you, the rooms look nothing like that in person. I would never ever stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Arkansas G

Travellers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Having read all the many bad reviews I decided to try it anyway, we wanted someplace central so we could walk out, and a reasonable price, this place is both. I agree with Drew from Cardiff that with a bit of time and money spent this hotel could be wonderful, it has great potential but a bit tired. Our room was excellent, Room 208, lovely big comfortable room and very clean. The breakfast is not up to much, no thought gone into what guests would like, just thrown together. The hotel is a good location, we walked to the Capitol Building in the afternoon and walked down to the tram at 2nd and Spring in the early evening on which we did a great city sightseeing trip for $1 (50c senior!) then got off at the Riverfront area where we had dinner. We walked back around 9, area hotel is in could be a bit dodgy later at night we were told but we had no problems at that time. The girl at front desk, Maggie, was very helpful in telling us how to get around, however the male on front desk could do with learning some people skills, he was not very friendly or welcoming. In general this hotel has been beautiful in its hey day and could be again, it was lovely to stay in for a night and remember how hotels used to be!!

Room Tip: We had room 208, a king, which was lovely.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hunda
Sumner, Christchurch
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

First impressions count so when I entered the lobby of the Legacy Hotel (the only guest doing so) and approached the desk I was rather surprised that the male staff member who eventually looked up and said "checking in?" The fact I had a suitcase and the time of day made this question rather silly. There was no semblance of a welcome. The hotel itself is tired. The ice machines were all broken bar one and the vending machine for bottled water (again only one) didn't take notes properly. The emergency exit door at the end of the second floor corridor was ajar and wouldn't close properly. Would recommend choosing the Holiday Inn Presidential over the Legacy any day.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MerchantAdventurer
Cardiff
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not bad by any means, but also, as other reviews have said is starting to look a little tired. Small things like the sofas lobby, just look 'tired'. I'm sat in one as I write this review and its perfectly comfy, just looks 'tired', and the same applies to hotel generally. The Arles in the room is serviceable. But a little worn, as are the curtains and bedding.

With a spot of freshing this hotel could be great. I'm perfectly happy staying here, and would stay here again, but with a bit of work this hotel could be so much more.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Drew_O
US
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

There were two conventions in Little Rock when we arrived to visit one of the company's regional offices. In times like these you are forced to adapt. We turned to our secretary who trusted in Priceline.com to find us a place to rest. She found us the Legacy. How bad could it be. After all it had supposedly gotten a 3-star rating online.

When walking in the lobby I first thought, I can give this a chance, an older hotel with some character. Who knew the lobby was as good as it would get. Walking off the elevator we were greeted with an old woman's perfume and mothball cocktail like aroma. As I entered our room I instantly felt dirty. On the the floor at the foot of one of the awful double beds was what appeared to have once been a crime scene. Only CSI could convince me it wasn't a blood stain. There was a layer of dust on the lamps and the alarm clock which was of course broken. The bath tub was stained and filthy and the towels were three different colors. I can only imagine the bacteria count on the TV remote. Normally a control freak I kindly allowed my business partner to control the TV this time. To top it all off the A/C wouldn't cool below 75. The only plus was it had a balcony, though it looked out on other balconies where other "guests" were clearly living year round. The patio furniture and grill pretty much gave that away.

Do yourself a favor and add the Legacy to your blacklist if your in Little Rock. There are many other good choices.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank heisrisen
Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I used to love the old feel charm of this hotel. I'm not sure I will stay here again. Fruit flies all over the room. Dirty, un-vaccuumed carpet. Spoiled milk at the continental breakfast. But, everyone is so nice here. The air conditioner is great. The rooms are quiet. This is the first bad experience I've had here, so take that into account. Area is so so although it is a quiet area.

• Stayed July 2013