“Awesome, Super, Great Stay ... except ...”

Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Every aspect of our stay was absolutely fantastic except ...

I am going to have to give "cleanliness" a poor in regards to the glasses and coffee cups that are provided in the rooms. When we checked in, there was one glass out of six that had a plastic wrap around it with a little sticker that said something like "squeaky clean"! I made coffee the morning after we got there and the first coffee cup I grabbed was dirty. The cup was stuck to the coaster it was sitting on.
I left an extra nice tip for the cleaning folks along with a note that I wanted all "squeaky clean" glasses and cups. I got extra glasses and cups but they said they just clean them themselves.

Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We checked in at the Wyndham in North Little Rock. It was awful! We called the Marriott, they got us in. From the moment we arrived, we were very Impressed. We loved the room, comfortable bed, clean room & the service was excellent! It's next door to the State House. Our stay in Little Rock went from awful to really wonderful, kudos' to Marriott. Our stay was really nice & pleasant. I would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant was excellent. Staff was superb. Highly recommend this hotel when visiting Little Rock. In addition the shuttle driver took me to my business meeting although it wasn't on his usual shuttle route.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Family stayed here for a wedding - we had several rooms and were very pleased with the facility - the staff were great - helpful and accommodating - Wi-Fi was OK but slowed a lot during peak periods - clean property - nice breakfast with attentive staff - was disappointed that the bar closed at 10 on Friday night due to lack of activity since we came in from the rehearsal dinner ready to socialize with a few adult beverages around 10:30 - would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Chris R, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your compliments about our hotel and staff. We enjoyed hosting your wedding party here and hope you will return to visit in the future!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

A friend and I planned a trip to the Clinton Presidential Centre in Little Rock, then on to other parks of Arkansas. The two properties at which I wanted to stay were booked so I took a shot at this property. It is ideally situated to the Clinton Centre, on the same street, just a short walk away. As it turns out, this property is also on the east edge of the rejuvinated Little Rock river front, know as River Market.

Our arrival looked a bit bleak, as there is very little space in which to park and unload. (This is not the hotels fault, it has to do with the narrow steets on the riverf ront.) Our concers were soon dispelled. The lobby was modern,yet warm and welcoming. Check-in was a breeze. The reception staff was top-shelf. Warm, friendly (almost perky), knowledgable, and professional. (This was true of the staff throughout the stay: reception, bar, and restaurant.

The rooms were appointed as one would expect for a Marriott. The failing of the room, if it is that, was that both queen beds were soft and mushy. We could not find the TV remote. A simple call to the front desk and one arrived within 5 minutes: one cannot argue with that response.

The only negative of the stay (other than the soft bed) was that there was an undisclosed $8.00 parking fee. At check-in I was asked if I would be parking a car, to which I replied, yes. I was given the parking pass: no mention was made of fee (nor did I inquire). The charge was on the bill at check-out. I have no problem with $8.00 to park at a downtown hotel. I do have a problem of not being told in advance of charges.

Overall, staff, service and location make this a property one I would definately stay at again and recomend it for anyone who likes nightlife or is visiting the Clinton Centre.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank denniskeith

Thank you for your recent stay with the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Little Rock and for your kind comments. Please accept my apology for the surprise on your bill connected with parking. It is never our goal to not be informative when it comes to a charge and I have spoken with our staff to ensure this oversight is not repeated in the future. I am thrilled you found our location convenient and comfortable and welcome you back anytime you are in the area again!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Courtyard is very nice! The lobby has a lot of unique art, which adds warmth, & makes it more inviting. The room was very clean, spacious. Our view, in particular, wasn't very good, but if you're on the street, you'd have an awesome view. There is a great breakfast buffet. Pretty good food, decent selection. The hotel is in very close proximity to the river, the stores nearby, as well as the Bill Clinton Library. The library is a must see for history buffs, & non buffs alike. Good choice!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Chris R, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Thank you for your compliments surrounding your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Little Rock. It is our pleasure to serve you and we appreciate your business. I am sorry you didn't have a great view. If returning to Little Rock, please let me know so I can correct this and get you in a room with a view of President Clinton Avenue or looking towards the Clinton Library. My goal is to not only have you return but to make your visit with us perfect! Thank you again!

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Loved the downtown location and $109.00 for a king room I thought was really fair!!! The check in was super fast. I'd read reviews about wall paper peeling etc.. I did see a little bit of this in our bathroom but it was just loose wallpaper no mold etc. the whole room was very clean!! No stains anywhere, bed and pillows super comfy. 5-6 pillows on our king bed. Parking was in the parking garage directly behind the hotel but the walk between them I thought was pretty with greenery, I thought it was kinda cool. The parking garage charges $10 a day but if your staying at the hotel it's $8 a day. Would def. stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! The best compliment a hotel can ever receive is for a guest to look forward to returning for another visit. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again and hope to exceed your expectations even further on your next trip to Little Rock! Thank you once again for your kindness!