“I wanted to stay here forever!”

Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I wanted to stay here forever!”
Reviewed 4 June 2007

I have been saving up my Marriott Rewards for awhile and decided to use some of them on my 2 night stay at the Courtyard in Downtown Little Rock. I am very pleased that I did. This hotel is on the corner of Sherman and President Clinton Avenue. I passed it right up because it is actually located in the First Security building. Courtyard probably should have a larger sign advertising the hotel property so others don’t drive-by missing it altogether like I did. I managed to turn around and found it without a problem. It was best pulling into the unloading area from the west side anyway. The front desk attendant was very friendly and allowed me to check-in a little early. The bellman took my bags and delivered them to my room very quickly and since he was so nice, I tipped him. They all made me feel right at home. The hotel has the first 6 floors and the bank has the rest with a few private residences on the top floors. I had room 320 with a perfect view of the President Clinton Library and Museum. Some rooms had a balcony, but only a few. The hotel is located in the River Market District of Little Rock. This area of Downtown has come alive since the opening of the Clinton Library. Every type of food imaginable is just steps away from the hotel inside the River Market. The market also offers a sandwich shop, a dessert shop, produce and various meats, etc. Next door to the hotel is the Flying Fish. The Flying Fish is a great seafood restaurant and I HIGHLY recommend it too! My hotel room was very large and comfortable. In fact, larger than the Courtyard I stayed in the night before in Nashville. The room was colorful and bright, equipped with a small refrigerator, a work table with chair, a sitting chair with ottoman, a nice sized fully equipped bathroom, a large television and 2 comfortable queen sized beds with lots of pillows. I loved the mattress. There was a lobby bar downstairs along with a nice breakfast area. There was an enclosed pool and fitness area as well. The hotel had an gated patio situated outside between the hotel and the parking garage. Parking is $6/day in a secure garage. The only problem I noticed wer the large, loud and heavy hotel room doors. However, if you are going to the President Clinton Library and Museum, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. It is only a short walk to the library in a safe area of Downtown. In fact, it is the closest hotel to the library. There is a large park just steps away situated between the hotel and the Clinton Library. If you like to jog there are plenty of areas around the hotel and library to enjoy. This is a very family friendly and tourist area without much traffic at all. Loved it here and wish I could have stayed longer. Enjoy! I’m glad I used my Marriott Rewards because I ended up paying $12.75 for 2 nights! 75 cents for a local call and $12 on parking.

• Liked — comfortable beds, great Downtown location
  • Disliked — heavy and loud hotel room doors
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ILUVDC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2007

Can't say enough good things. Excellent location. There is a shuttle that picks up in front of the hotel for transport to the Clinton Library. Nice indoor pool. Delicious breakfast buffet for $8.95pp. Once we parked our car we didn't' have to retrieve it until departure. (6.00 per day parking fee). Beds are very comfortable and rooms are a nice size with coffee maker and fridge. Outstanding customer service from Jeff the manager, the girls at the front desk to Kem the bellman.......all went out of their way to make our Mother's Day stay very special.

• Liked — Location/comfy beds
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank sammyb
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2006

This hotel is clean and customer service was outstanding. We wanted a clean hotel, with queen size beds, and an indoor pool. We got lucky with this hotel. The kids had the pool to themselves and it was spotless. The eating places around the hotel are mainly smoky pubs. Our allergies couldn't take the smoke. We drove about 15 min. to a family restaurant (Chili's) for dinner. They have a restaurant on site, but they only serve breakfast and it is very good. You do have to pay $5.00 for parking but well worth it. I can't comment on the sites since we were just traveling through to get home. It is a great location, clean, reasonably price, and would return in a heartbeat. We always have good luck with Marriotts.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank Rowlett Tider
Reviewed 3 January 2006

I have read positive reviews about this hotel from Trip Advisor forum and now I am concerned as to who makes up the forum,(perhaps hotel reps?) The excellent customer service I heard about was no where to be found! I guess the front desk was hung over or just tired from New Years but the guest should be treated respectfully however the rep feels, in my opinion. I will not stay with this hotel again and I will go back to the Peabody Hotel where I have always been treated at least with respect! I just wanted to post an "unbiased" review.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 December 2005

Recently stayed at the new Marriott Courtyard in downtown Little Rock Arkansas. I was impressed with the new room design and really hope this will be the new room set up for all future courtyards. The bedding was on par with a 4 star hotel and not the old "apartment rental style" furniture where the sheets slide off the bed when you sit down. The main wall in the room was a long desk that also offered a place for the coffee maker and fridge along with designer lighting. This location was great (you can walk to shops, eats, the riverfront and the Clinton Library)and the staff was friendly. There was a charge for parking and this courtyard does not offer the free breakfast found at other courtyards.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2005

We stayed at this hotel the nights of September 17th & 18th. We were very happy with the location as it is easy walking distance to the Clinton Library and the Riverwalk with all of it's restaurants & bars.

We did have some problems after checking in as we found we had been given a smoking room when our booking guaranteed a non-smoking room. So double check that! We were able to change but with a bit of a struggle.

The room was a good size and very clean. We had a refrigerator but no microwave as another review suggested. There was a microwave in the lobby area that we could have used.

The only problem with the room was the door to the hall way was cut short (like they had planned for thicker carpet?). This meant that when our neighbors came in at 1:30 a.m. it sounded like they were in our room. We were in a room that could connect to them as well and that didn't help with the noise levels.

We had the breakfast both days in the hotel restaurant and found the selection and service very good.

The parking was next door and cost $5.00 per day but that included unlimited in and out privileges.

The downside to our visit was arriving on Saturday afternoon (3:00) as the crafts people on the Riverwalk area were packing up for the weekend? and that on Sundays all but one or two of the restaurants open in the immediate area close at 5:00 p.m. We had mentioned to one of the staff (on Saturday night)we were planning on visiting a recommended restaurant on Sunday night and he didn't let us know it wouldn't be open so we missed the chance to go. We ended up driving out to west Little Rock to eat. Not a big deal but not as nice as being able to walk.

I got the opportunity to talk about my concerns with the General Manager - Michael Hickerson. He is a very pleasant person and was willing to discuss concerns & suggestions which made a nice change.

I would recommend and most probably return to this hotel. But for a Friday & Saturday night!

The Clinton library, and the Capital Building are well worth the visit.

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank PSBTEXAS
Reviewed 17 July 2005

Stayed overnight on 7/7/05. This hotel opened in October 2004. Excellent location, close to restaurants, River Market, streetcars, etc. and close enough to walk to Clinton library. Self park next door in new covered garage ($5 per nite). Clean, nice rooms, bar area and computers w/internet access in lobby. Microwave and fridge in room. Reasonable price, would definitely return.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member