“Wonderful Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Burgundy Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Burgundy Hotel
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Wonderful Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were in Little Rock for a wedding and I found this hotel on priceline. The reviews were good and the price was right and it was close to the church. The decor is slightly odd but very clean and charming. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Our room had an interesting layout, but it was extremely clean and had everything we needed. The shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion smelled so good. I wish I could find them. Our greatest find was the restaurant located in the hotel. Table 28 was THE BEST restaurant experience. The menu is so creative and varied. The food was insanely delicious and our server, Jim, was the bees knees. He took care of everything and was so friendly and professional. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. Order the diver caught scallops and for dessert the pig and chocolate is a MUST!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Morgan L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Seattle, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Wait 4 months before booking into this hotel. Construction will be finished at that time. Staff did their best to accommodate guests in this bad situation, but there wasn't much they could do about the noise level or quality of food and eating area.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Rick N
Queens, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Cons:
I tried booking a stay through the hotel's website at bestlittlerockhotel.com but it stopped me, saying while the room was available, there was a problem. Hmmm.
So, I called the hotel directly and they were very nice and booked the stay.
Later, I had a question, so I called the 800 number and they said they couldn't access the booking. Weird! I've made many reservations directly at the location and they always get recorded with Central Reservations. To boot, Central had a lower rate!
I called the hotel back and they had my reservation and were just great about honoring the lower rate...but what if I hadn't called the 800 number?
Plus, when you book through any hotel's world system, INCLUDING Best Western, you get confirmation emails, critical hotel info advised on the phone and electronically, even timely e-reminders about your upcoming stay. Not here. Also, you don't get a statement when you check in!

As for the stay itself, I didn't like the small fitness room (you do get access to a nearby facility when it is open) or the glass bathroom door, through which you can see silhouettes.

Pros:
Staff is very hospitable and interested in your good experience, on the phone and in person. The room was spacious and well-appointed, and the beds were comfortable. The location was convenient and the building was nice enough to look at, inside atrium, and outside. The restaurant was fine. This is a 100% non-smoking hotel, which clinched my selection decision, as other hotels along this part of our path varied on this.

I also appreciate when management responds nicely to tripadvisor feedback, as this hotel's management has to past reviews. That kind of care is usually one indicator the stay will be good enough, as this was for us. Start your reservation by calling the 800 number and go from there.

Room Tip: ***!! Book through 1-800-564-2515 to get best deal and relevant emails.****
1 Thank RoadTrip19Mom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was a very good place to spend the night. The restaurant was excellent. Hotel even gave me coupon for glass of wine on the house. Breakfast included. Renovations near end. I was very pleased with my entire nights stay. Rooms were renovated and modern. Nice location. I would return again.

• Stayed April 2014
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

When I "discovered" this hotel 3 years ago, it was a fantastic value. It was a quiet little place with an amazing, upscale Italian restaurant and quite a bit of character, all for Best Western prices. I recommended to friends and published a couple of glowing, gushing reviews. Sadly, my most recent visit was not as positive and I'm afraid it's only getting worse, from my standpoint. Vesuvio Bistro, the amazing Italian eatery, departed about a year ago. I already knew this, but also knew a new restaurant was taking its place. This new spot, Table 28 seems ok, but I've yet to take a chance.

I knew the hotel was being renovated from other recent posts on trip advisor. However, I was hoping everything would be in order by the time I planned to be in town. Sadly, this was not the case. Our room had several trim pieces missing and a faint, musty odor. And, sadly, the renovations really seem to take away from the previous, French Quarter-like vibe that the hotel possessed. Though the atrium still has its beautiful wrought iron railings, they now clash with all the contemporary bits introduced. They've taken this so far as to introduce the trendy frosted glass bathroom doors that have popped up in many chains trendy offerings, such as Indigo. The "glaring" problem in my particular room was the fact that the portion of the bathroom entered by the sliding glass door also had a large mirror-surrounding florescent as its only light source. When you flip on this light, it beams right through the frosted glass door. It lights up the adjacent bedroom almost as well as the bedroom's own lamps. It just seems to be such a sacrifice of comfort and practicality for faux luxury.

On this particular visit, my sleep was also disturbed by a particularly noisy group that arrived sometime after 10 pm. Their voices echoed off the interior atrium. I can't believe no one complained to the front desk.

Finally, the much vaunted breakfast has changed forever and sadly, for the worse. I immediately noticed the removal of the buffet associated with breakfast at the end of the atrium. Instead, I was greated and handed a "menu" that gave 2 options-continental or traditional breakfast, each with some options. When I inquired with staff about the change, they apologized and said their prep options were limited during the ongoing renovations. But they also pointed out the traditional breakfast buffet that everyone on trip advisor has raved about for years now is gone forever. It will be replaced with a still free (I believe?) made to order breakfast that can be phoned ahead from your room. They said it was in the name of taking things more upscale but it honestly just seems like a cost-cutting feature to me. And the limited options during the current ongoing renovations made me decide pass of the skimpy free offerings, check out, and find a nearby restaurant serving breakfast.

Perhaps my review seems overly picky but it was small little details that made this hotel stand out from the herd. Without them, this place is just average.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank WesJ73
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This past weekend we celebrated my daughters wedding in Little Rock. We wanted to find a decent hotel, close to the wedding venue, that could work with us to accommodate a large number of out of town guests. We picked Best Western Premier initially based on location. As the event got closer and people made reservations, and then we needed more rooms and changed our original requests, the General Manager, Robyn, made sure that every detail was covered/changed. She was the most pleasant person to work with. Extremely accommodating, cheerful and reassuring. The staff is truly a direct reflection of Robyn. They are professional, attentive, and cheerful. Rooms were spotless and breakfast was 5 star.
We also had a weird reguest to store some large items on the location that we didn't want to haul around town all weekend, due to the wedding. Once again, Robyn found a solution and took care of us. We felt like we were the most important people in the house. Outstanding experience!

From now on, who we are in Little Rock, we will always stay at Best Western Premier.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This small hotel is off the beaten path but well worth the effort to find it for either an overnight or even a longer stay. The hotel is undergoing renovation as of this writing with a very strong smell of paint, boxes piled up in the lobby, and some rooms not fully fitted out. Despite this we will definitely be staying again and can't wait to see what it looks like when complete. We have traveled for years in Europe and this Best Western had a European feel with a much more spacious room. The other reviewers are spot on about the gracious reception and helpfulness of the staff. We enjoyed chatting with Veronica the desk clerk who made us feel right at home. The room was very clean though still lacking some of the furnishing yet to be unpacked. I checked out the outdoor pool which is in a walled courtyard and will be great retreat on a Little Rock summer day. Because of the construction our breakfast was served in the restaurant instead of the delightful atrium with it's New Orleans courtyard style. The highlight of the stay was meeting Brenda who has maintained the breakfast buffet at the hotel for the past nine years. It is worth the stay just to meet her and sample her Southern hospitality. If you are a complainer, wait until the renovation is completed and then you should have absolutely nothing to complain about at this jewel of a hotel.

Room Tip: You should ask for a room that has been completely renovated and furnishings completed. They are har...