“Surprised at the dirt. Pet friendly.” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Jackson, Michigan
“Surprised at the dirt. Pet friendly.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed at many LQ inns and this was a surprise. The carpet was filthy but maybe because we had a "dog" room. We were settled inbefore I actually realized how bad it was and decided to stick it out. It had not been vacuumed and the bath floor was iffy. The bed was clean/comfy and the bath fixtures were fine. The shower pressure could have been better. I chose it as it was pet friendly(no fee) and on the AAA list. The dog "potty" area is small and in the alley to the parking garage. I would not have gone by myself at dark unless I had a large dog, rather than the 8 pounder we have - it was just creepy to me. The location is downtown, close to the Clinton Museum but not a lot of places to eat within walking distance except fast food. We found out after the fact the there is a small selection of dinners at the facility but the staff did not tell us about it. Maybe there was something in the room, but we did not see it. We would have done that had we known. The hotel itself was clean, it was just our room. We did eat their breakfast ,which we usually do not do, and it was fine. I might stay again but would check out the room before I unpacked.

Room Tip: Check for cleanliness before unpacking.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chuck S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I apologize your experience was not up to the La Quinta standards we set for every guest. I have forwarded your comments to the Management team and your issues are being addressed. I hope you do come back so you can have a better exerpience and see the true standards we keep.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Murrieta, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Room dirty. Shower did not drain. Bed over head lights and telephone did not work., Parking structure stair well filthy. Hotel lobby very attractive and breakfast good, but overall experience ended there

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience here. I have forwarded your comments to the entire management team and your issues are being addressed. Please know we are always striving to improve and to make sure every guest feels Assured, Optimistic, and Settled In when they stay with us.

Please come back and see us, so we can show you our commitment to excellence.

Travellers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Close to downtown attractions. For the most part good employees. I stay at this hotel often and have only had a bad experience with 2 employees. Shuttle will take you downtown. Clost to Clinton library and the little rock river market which is really nice.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Glad to hear you had a great experience here. If you ever need anything during your stay, or do not receive the World Class customer service we offer for our guest, please feel free to contact me.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Good hotel in a good location, right in downtown Little Rock. The room was very clean and bright. The bed was so comfortable that I wished I could take the mattress home with me. There's a parking garage where you can park for free, and many options at breakfast. All this for $75 a night... this is probably the best 'cheap' hotel I've ever stayed at.

I stayed here because I was seeing a play at The Rep, and it was an easy, short walk from the hotel to the theater. The hotel has a shuttle service that will take you anywhere within two miles, which sounded cool, but I didn't use it. The walk was short enough.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I hope the play was as enjoyable as your stay here. We hope to see you again next time you have a night out at the Rep!

Gilbert
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The hotel is excellent to stay in and right in the heart of the city. The hotel has a parking garage for its guests that you cannot enter until you have checked in. The garage entry system is a bit antiquated, but it works. The lobby was very elaborate and the room was clean and updated. We couldn't wait for the breakfast the next morning, because there was a terrible storm approaching and we wanted to outrun it.

Room Tip: Just remember to check into the hotel before you attempt to enter the garage.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
First I hope you made it home safely before the storms. Secondly I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay. Come back and see us so you can experience our wonderful breakfast bar.

Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stopped here during a road trip to get some much needed shuteye! Carlos the night manager was great! He let me know before hand that his system was updating and that it would be a few minutes before he could check me in. But he was very polite and articulate and a pleasure to speak in spite of the late hour (2am) that I arrived. The rate ($90 with tax) was great! And the breakfast saved me a lil cash going out to eat! The coffee was lil "blah". But overall, the room was clean and well appointed and the garage parking was free. Thanks to the gentleman (I think "Money Mike") for ensuring that I received my newspaper.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad you were treated with the World Class Customer Serivce we expect all our guest to receive. Mike is always there making sure people get there paper, he is Fantastic!!!!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay at this location and site. It was not as clean as it had been in the past. The area appeared dirtier and not as many families. The breakfast food had boiled eggs, no meats, pre-packaged muffins. The swimming pool appeared dirty. Lights were out in the halls, broken light fixture in the room, worn furniture. Very disappointing and scary.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am very sorry to hear about your experience here. Please know this is not our standard, and we never want a guest to have this kind of experience. Your comments have been forwarded on to the management staff here at the hotel and your issues are being addressed. If you would like to discuss this further please free free to contact me or the Genral Manager at 501-374-9000.