“LaQuinta, Little Rock, Broadway”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
“LaQuinta, Little Rock, Broadway”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I wish your pool had afternoon and evening sun. Can you put one on the roof? Other than that I have no real complaints. The bathroom could use a little update and scrubbing but not too bad. I LOVE the new restaurant. They don't have a big variety but it was VERY good food. The guy who prepared both my meals was very friendly, courteous, and efficient. I had two very delicious dinners!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Little Rock, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is close to many businesses in the downtown. Free breakfast and shuttle services are available which are great conveniences, especially, for one on business. The street around the hotel are somewhat deserted causing a sense of uneasy late in the evenings. However, the shuttle service to 2 miles radius compensates for that inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Booked this hotel during a family reunion based nearby. It so happened to occur during a another family reunion and a motorcycle club meeting at the same hotel on the same weekend. Other than LOTS of people and noisy motorcycles, which wasn't the hotel's fault, we sucked it up and proceeded into the lovely refurnished lobby. This was apparently another hotel at one time. It's an older building right downtown, but nicely decorated in the lobby. It has garage style free parking away from the building, behind the main building, which the hotel owns. Garage has a elevator and several floors. Still have to walk outside to get to the lobby. I am disabled and there was a small wheelchair lift at the back door, but not big enough for my scooter. But since I was on the scooter, I didn't mind riding to the front door. However, do drop your luggage off at the front with a member of your party or you have a long haul with your luggage.

I requested a room by the elevator, but got placed at the very end of the hall. It was far, but at least we didn't have to listen to the slamming of the doors by party goers at 3am. Our other party got little sleep. I would think the hotel would intervene with after hours noisy parties and revving of bikes.

Upon return the first afternoon to our room, we see it hadn't been cleaned. They said the card for no service was on the door, which was impossible, as we didn't even have one. They said we could change rooms, which would have been inconvenient to pack up and move it all again that evening, since I'm disabled. They said we could come down and get towels. Husband asked if they could be delivered to the room and they were, delivered promptly. But, no soap, shampoo, etc. and we had to go to the desk for it. The front desk were only basically accommodating and acted uninterested. That's when we decided NOT to stay the optional night we were considering.

Upon check out, what a mess AND with attitude. Our other party had a broken shower and they offered them another room or repairs at check out. We got charged 2 times for our room and twice also for theirs. It took 3 days for the mess to drop off our atm card. Good thing I had enough money in the account to cover over $500 charges pending to the account.

Overall, like most La Quintas, you just never know. Would we stay at a La Quinta again, yes. This one, no. I always grade a hotel as to if my expectations were fully met. They were not. Yes, it was nicely remodeled and clean, but too many things went wrong, which just adds stress to a vacation.

OH and watch out for the elevator doors! Very heavy and they will close on you. Closed on me hard on my scooter several times and bruised by brother's shoulder!

I'm not saying don't stay here, just don't have super high expectations. The price was reasonable and it was clean with a nice lobby.

BTW breakfast was long gone all mornings due to the high volume of early diners. We gave up and went to Starbucks.

Bed was great!

Room Tip: Slower wifi the further the room is away End room larger, but bathroom is smaller Noisy street sid...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karin H
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed for a single night after a flight delay stranded us in Little Rock. The complimentary shuttle gets thumbs up for being available around the clock, to and from the airport. The hotel is showing its age in some areas, but is well kept. Our rooms on the 12th floor were basic and clean with comfortable mattresses and good linens. The bathrooms showed more of the age of the hotel with some rough spots in the ceiling and a broken vent fan, but the fixtures have obviously been updated over time. The AC unit was loud, though quite effective. The TV was decent with lots of inputs and we had a mini-fridge we didn't use. Overall we had a good night's sleep.
Our early flight had us out before breakfast, but the staff made sure we had muffins and coffee for the road when we left. The breakfast area operates as a restaurant for lunch and dinner with diner style offerings. The family was happy with our dinner, but it was nothing to write home about.
I can't say enough about the staff, from the drivers to the front desk to hotel restaurant. Everyone was polite, friendly and incredibly helpful. The front desk went out of their way to make sure we were set for our stay and our trip back to the airport. Rather than feeling "stranded" in Little Rock, we felt welcomed and relaxed, all thanks to the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chuck S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you were able to settle in. Know anytime you are in Little Rock, you are never stranded, we are always Here for You!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for a single night stay. The room was comfortable and clean for the most part. The elevator smelled STRONGLY of pot and our first room's tv was broken. The room was good though and the bed comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Good hotel, not the best. But solid.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I am glad you were able to enjoy some of our amenities....I have the maintenance staff checking on the pool, it should be clean and sparkly for your next stay!

USA
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just stay for a night. The breakfast is great with lots sections. Staffs are friendly and sweet. The hotel bed was comfy , but we wish they had king size for us instead of two standard beds. Their pool is very dirty, I will not recommend to use it. Otherwise, it's okay hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We only stayed here for a concert in town. It was convenient that they had a shuttle service. I would not take my family here though. The room smelled of mold and mildew even if it looked clean. The carpet was sticky and wet near the a/c as well.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry we were not able to meet you expectations. It is our goal to make sure every guest feel Assured, Optimistic, and Settled in during their stay with us. I have forwarded your comments on to the entire management staff here at the hotel.