“Disaster is an understatement”

Days Inn Little Rock/Medical Center
Ranked #54 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Searcy, Arkansas, United States
“Disaster is an understatement”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We were there for business, only a day.. Thank The Lord! We checked in late and spent an hour and half switching rooms! We had to change rooms FIVE times! Each and EVERY room had curly black hairs in the bed. The a/c was off in all rooms so it was HOT! It was so hot in one of the room the bottom comforter had sweated and molded! There were crunched up Doritos on the table. Room 155 was missing the door lock. It also had over 15 pubes in the bathtub a long with a dirty foot print, and the "clean" wash rag and soap laying on the side. There was poop smear on the frame in 165 by the toilet. 107 had mascara smears on the pillow. Room 117 phone was broke as we'll. room 165, the first room we were in and the room we ended up going back to since the ac had been on for a couple hours while we were playing musical rooms. We had to change our own sheets because of all the hair! Then the sheets that were given to is were like full size bed not king! When we removed sheets there was blood stain on head of mattress. There wasn't a manager on duty so nothing could be done, there wasn't enough staff. The next morning, the managers "were late like usual" the desk guy called her at home and she said she would contact me, he took my name and number. After my hospital business was over I had to return to the hospital that evening. There was a manager there who didn't want to do anything about this mess! Thank goodness I took pictures I had to show him them!! Then he was like ahhh I can give you $10 off. I was so MAD I took the $10 off it was like talking to a brick wall. I wouldn't house inmates here!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Graysonsmom
Days I, General Manager at Days Inn Little Rock/Medical Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2014

stayed here for few days clean room,big beds and comfty the staff is very nice and the maids are very nice and check eveyday if u dont have ur do not disturb sign on to see if u need service short cab ridfe to the mall or if u want A good walk it not fAR AT ALL

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to review Days Inn Medical Center on Trip Advisor! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to ensure that when each guest leaves, they wish to return on their next visit to Little Rock and it excites us to hear that we have succeeded in your case!

We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and maintenance of our property. It is our goal to make sure our guests have a pleasant stay and that includes providing a nice and comfortable bed!

Little Rock
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Breakfast items were being removed, most already gone, at 9am on Saturday morning. Man doing it continued and did not offer to accommodate. Very poor management.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Beverly C
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Travellers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was flat out dirty. Checked in 1st room smelled like years of cigarette smoke. Requested a different room. 2nd room was bad too. We decided not to stay. The front desk person made us still pay. I wasn't even in the room for 30 mins. You can find a cleaner cheaper, pet friendly hotel elsewhere. Save yourself the trouble and headache.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at the hotel. The appropriate departments has been informed and are taking immediate action so that such problems do not arise again in the future. At check inn, we was not been informed about the pet in the room. When we was aware of it, we told guest to pay a pet fee so that guest didn't need to pay a penalty. We tried our best to provide a reasonable price.

Thank You.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for work with American Red Cross, so the price had to be right. Clean rooms, convenient location, and very accommodating and friendly staff. Comfortable bed at the end of the day and fridge in room. Staff handled our "take over" very well and tried to please whenever possible. Hope Arkansas does not have to undergo another disaster, but if so, I am sure we will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Days I, General Manager at Days Inn Little Rock/Medical Center, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear JayJaneM, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it. It was pleasure to accommodate our services to your group, and I am glad to hear that you had pleasant stay with us. I will share your review with our staff and they will be happy to know their hard work is acknowledged. We had a storm last week and thank god it was not bad like the Vilonia disaster. Please do come back and stay with us; we would love to work with your group in future.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We experienced no towels left in room, room was not serviced, our door was left open by the staff. Plus the hotel is not located in a safe area. The continental breakfast was marginal at best and was not fully stocked. The only good point was the free wifi.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Jim L, Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention .I am extremely sorry to read your review .We work very hard to make every guest have an enjoyable stay. We will pass your comments on to the staff so they can work to address the concerns you raised. We hope you will stay with us again in the future so you can see the improvements for yourself.