“No internet”

Residence Inn Little Rock
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 10 October 2007

This hotel advertises internet service. As a business traveler, I need this. For two nights, they were unable to fix the problem. It is not "high" speed, not is it wireless. They give you a "bridge" to connect. First, they didn't have any bridges. Then, it wouldn't work.

Also, food made me sick.

Comfortabel bed and clean.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Hot_Shuz
JRinggold, General Manager at Residence Inn Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2008

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We value your business and your comments. We have just recently completed a complete overhaul of our internet wireless service and are pleased to now offer free Ruckus Wireless Smart Wi-Fi Coverage virtually everywhere on the property.
We hope you will return to our property in the near future to see the great improvements we have made. Thank you again for your loyalty and comments! J.Ringgold, General Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2007

On July 27, 2007 we stayed at the Residence Inn on South Shackelford, Little Rock, Arkansas for one night. We were assigned to room 124. This hotel is in a nice area near the Heart Hospital, and a Krispy Kreme is right next door. Other nearby hotels are the Hampton Suites, and Wingate Inn. The front desk gave us one key, and this key did not open the door. We hiked back to the front desk and after showing my ID, (I had registered just 10 minutes before hand but, they must have forgotten me) they replaced the defective key. This room was quiet, even though it was next to the street, due to being built underground like a basement. The view out of the one and only window was a block wall about 8 feet from the glass holding back the dirt. On top of this wall was a 6 foot metal fence. Behind the metal fence was the air conditioning unit. The thought of no fire escape out of the window was disturbing. There is only one real exit out of this room, the door. Housekeeping was lacking. I found crumbs on the sofa, dry toothpaste on the washcloth basket, gunk on the cabinets in the kitchen, and a candy wrapper on the floor near the closet door. Toiletries consisted of 2 bars of soap and one bottle of Breck conditioning shampoo. The ironing board had a very thin piece of foam under the cover. It was like ironing on a metal grate. The Black and Decker iron worked well. The bed was comfortable. The TV worked. The ice machine is in another building.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank opinionsbyL
Reviewed 1 July 2007

This is the usual Residence Inn--new, well-kept and clean with spacious suites. There are two buildings so we had to go outside (in the rain) to get to the lobby. We had no problems with noise--we were on the side away from the hospital.

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank Wildwooder
Reviewed 29 August 2006

I first have to say that I prefer Marriott's Residence Inn when I travel for work. This one is close to the customer site, and has the largest "studio" room that I have stayed in. It is clean and the staff is helpful.

The problem for me is a big one - the Residence inn is only 300 feet away from a cardiac Emergency Room. The ambulance sirens in the middle of the night aren't the only thing that were loud and kept me up, however.

They also have a helicopter there that is also next to the Residence Inn. That was really loud, and on the first night, it departed and landed twice. They keep it running a long time, and it is really loud when it idles. Being a pilot myself, I find any aircraft fascinating, but I don't want to listen to a turbine (jet) engine powered helicopter in the middle of the night.

I stayed a second night, but the helicopter made another trip that night, so I checked out early, because I could not get sleep. (Check out maps.google.com and you can see how close the helicopter is.)

I would advise you to avoid this Residence Inn because of the noise.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank BaltimoreFlyer