“40th Anniversary”

Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
searcy, ar
“40th Anniversary”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Our celebration was so special! Karen greeted us as we arrived and escorted us to our room. Our dinner at the Grill was more special than ever. And breakfast at Ashley's was super from the War Eagle Mill steel cut oats & grits to the poached eggs & house cut smoked bacon! All Arkansas made foods! Our table server was extra attentive!! Gary, the car attendant was pleasant and took me to my car with umbrella! We do come to the Grill often but the hotel stay is an extra special Southern treat not to be missed!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karyandrobert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My wife and I stayed with two couples from California and were treated to excellent service, clean rooms and amazing dining. This was the first trip to the Capital for our California friends and they could not stop talking about the professinalism and great service.
My wife and I plan on returning in December for our third visit and are really looking forward to another luxurious stay. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Little Rock.

Room Tip: The second floor has couches where you can take your drink from the Bar & Grill and enjoy a quit...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rp-yp
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

The Capital is a beautiful hotel dating to 1870 and restored to elegance. The rooms are spacious, very attractive and well appointed. The common areas are equally lovely. Ashley's is a first rate restaurant but the best experience may well be the Bar and Grill whether just having a drink or eating a light lunch.

The staff are very well trained and extremely professional while maintaining a very customer friendly attitude.

It is located close to Robinson Auditorium, the Convention Center, the River Market District with its bars and restaurants and the Clinton Presidential Library.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phillip P
Grapevine, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I left my iPad in the hotel room. Only realized once I got to the airport and was through security. I called the hotel and they found it, had a driver bring it to the airport. The driver came in and delivered to security for me! I was so pleased and appreciative! Their customer service was amazing the entire week. The toffee on my pillow each night was delicious! Wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ruthie S
San Francisco
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here over a weekend and ate in both restaurants. It is such a lovely hotel. The service was absolutely impeccable. Upon check in, I was walked up to my room and shown the amenities etc. Nothing was too much trouble. I absolutely loved the large elevator (quite a surprise). The room itself was relatively small but it had an area to sit and read a book. I loved the Molton Brown products and the shower was really nice. My sleep was badly disturbed but that, as I would later discover, is that the hotel uses feathers/goose for pillows. I should have called down in the middle of the night but didn't. If that's an issue - highlight this upon check in and they will switch out your pillows. While they served coffee downstairs in the morning, I would have preferred coffee making facilities in my room. The hotel has a relaxing seated area on the mezzanine level and and outside balcony. Overall, a delightful experience and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RunnerJac
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This beautiful, historic hotel gave us one of the best stays we have every had, and we've stayed in a lot of great hotels around the world. The people were wonderful and we felt so soothed and relaxed, so comfortable and coddled that I just want to move in and live there! We were there with a wedding group and I was so appreciative to the mother-of-the-bride for arranging this Little Rock serendipity! Food in both Ashley's and The Capital Grill were delicious--make sure you get some of their house-prepared bacon for breakfast.
The lobby and mezzanine are large and filled with comfortable furnishings. The is a great little Men's Shop, Bauman's, off the lobby. It has gorgeous high end clothing and it's pricey, but Fred was a great help and some of the items were on sale for a phenomenal value.
Service throughout our stay was exception and friendly; we never saw a sullen face nor a reluctant gesture. The staff members from every department were great. (I was told many were transplants from the New Orleans hospitality business that moved to LR after Katrina.)
I would give The Capital Hotel my very highest, unqualified recommendation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bmsalex
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is hotel is a must stay. Central location, kind staff, Historical physical plant. We want to go back...We felt welcome and wanted. The check in process was handled by Amanda and she is a star. In the Bar Tyson is amazing. The hotel has many quality staff members.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple