“Great for honeymooners!”
Review of The Capital Hotel

The Capital Hotel
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I got married on Dec. 13 and spent our wedding night at this glorious, luxurious hotel. The hotel was absolutely beautiful decorated for Christmas. When we arrived the attendant was very gracious and accommodating and helped secure our luggage into our room. The room was spacious, tall ceiling and a beautiful wood, four poster bed with a nice sitting area. One of my favorite features was the sconces on the walls which could be dimmed. The bed and linens were luxurious as was the warm, large shower. We enjoyed the comfortable, complimentary slippers and their bath robes as well. We hope to go back one day to celebrate an anniversary.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Virginia M
There are newer reviews for The Capital Hotel

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The concierge staff and restaurant sparkle! I stayed three nights on a business trip. The room itself was lovely although the shower was a tad funky ( disabled chair and plastic curtain). The room is spacious, with a comfy chintz armchair and the most comfortable bed. The elevator is rumored to be so big because Ulysses S. Grant wanted to bring his horse with him to his room! Whether that's true, that elevator is big enough to fit a bed!!!

I used J.B. and others to drive me in the Hotel's black Escalade to The Clinton Museum, the Heights, Hilcrest, and the Rock Town Distill. J.B.'s southern charm and graciousness made each little trip a pleasure. All of the concierge staff were delightful!!!! So professional and extraordinary.
When I told the bartender in their restaurant how much I loved the Southern pecans, he got me a humongous 1 lb. bag to bring back to California. And those fried black eyed peas!!! Heaven!!!

The best part of my brief visit to Little Rock was this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DebraBogaards
Reviewed 8 June 2014

One word: Charming!!!!!
Visited with husband and 1 yr old. We were in a beautiful suite where they placed a kids wagon full of toys in the bedroom for our son. Can't get any better than that with personal touches! They even left monster spray with directions On how to use it! How cute!
Candies and milk in glass bottles awaited us in the evening.
Room service was quick.
Restaurants were superb, service and food!
Hotel staff was Courteous and attentive.
This hotel definitely knows how to run their show and boy it is a fantastic production!
We hope to return!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nataly N
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My recent four night stay was extraordinary. From my spacious room with its deep soaking tub. To the toffee candy I looked forward to every night. The chefs daily blue plate special which draws a crowd and the comfy veranda with outdoor fans which gave me place to curl up with a book. Go get pampered and enjoy the daily complimentary tea and lemonade.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Phyllis G
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This has to be the most elegant, stately, and yet welcoming hotel in the world. The staff was both warm and gracious. The decor was spectacular. It was like staying in a museum, yet perfectly comfortable, with amazingly soft sheets. The gumbo was delicious. It was like stepping back into a fantasy view of another, more gracious time. I can hardly wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I purchased a weekend package for my husband's birthday weekend. The hotel is a great location to walk to all restaurants and bars downtown. The regular rooms are a little small but elegant. The Capital bar has a very nice happy hour and the drinks are premium. The breakfast was by far the best i have ever had. the bacon is the best thing that i have ever tasted.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and stayed here on our anniversary. This is a stately hotel that has been completely updated. We were on the 4th floor in a corner room and we had a nice view of the city in two directions. The room was quiet and the bath and bedroom were VERY large. The hotel's main dining room was closed for renovations, so all meals were in the bar area. Dinner was very good, with good service and generous pours on our drinks. Breakfast was alright, but a bit pricy for a simple buffet ($50 for two). My wife and I enjoyed our stay and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple