“We loved this place”

The Capital Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
“We loved this place”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We arrived late, parking wasn't obvious so we used the valet, which was reasonably priced for a "big city" hotel. The rooms were huge and had great amenities (like robes and slippers , which the kids loved). The staff was very nice. One other feature that may not make sense to some. In addition to the wonderful in room bathroom, each floor also had large restrooms “down the hall”, this comes in handy when traveling with a wife and two, near adult daughters. The room rate was great, and was a bargain considering it was in the same price range as some higher end suburban "inn and suites" style hotels.

I hope I get a chance to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Larryfromallen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I spent two nights here in early August, a solo traveler on a road trip across the United States. The welcome and service I received at The Capital Hotel is unparalleled--I have traveled extensively throughout the United States, Mexico and Europe and have never stayed at a property whose service, comfort and welcome exceeded what I experienced at The Capital Hotel. It is truly one of the top 5 places I have stayed at in all my years of traveling.

Just before arriving at the hotel, I noticed I was having trouble making sharp turns with my car....the car seemed to be resisting my efforts. Concerned, of course, I mentioned to the bellman as I exited my car that I needed to find a Toyota dealer so the service department could address the problem. I literally had just said that when a guest services representative met me in the lobby, checked me in (without me going to the check-in desk), and said she would call my room with the information about the nearest Toyota dealer. Not 10 minutes later, she called up to my room with the name, address and phone number of the dealer. She had even called them to let them know I was coming in. Further, she arranged to have Jonathan, a hotel service rep and chauffeur, lead me over there in the hotel's vehicle, wait for me while I checked my car in, and drive me back to the hotel.

I had plans that night to attend the Little Rock AA baseball game at the stadium across the river. I could have taken a cab, but Jonathan insisted on taking me and then gave me his business cell so that he could pick me up at the end of the game and take me back to the hotel. The next day he drove me back to the dealership, waited while I picked up my car, and led me back to the hotel. That is just one example of the outstanding service I received at the hotel.

The hotel is an historic property, beautifully and lovingly restored. Rooms and baths are beautifully decorated, are a generous size, and have extremely comfortable beds. First class soaps, shampoos, etc... are provided. Towels are large and luxurious; bathrobes and slippers are also provided.

The hotel is perfectly situated within a half block of the two trolly lines; one takes your around the historic downtown and out to the Clinton Presidential Library and Heifer International; the other travels a similar route but, in addition, takes you across the river. The hotel is in the historic downtown area so it is an easy walk to restaurants, the river and park, the farmer's market and the Old State House.

I only had breakfast at the hotel, but it was delicious.

Room rates are reasonable; you certainly get more than you pay for! Valet parking is available and reasonable, but since my car was at the dealership I only paid for one night of parking.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no other place to stay in Little Rock.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank NANCYJ714
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay
Really great staff
Beds are wonderful
Stayed for thee nights never had a complaint
Hot days in Little Rock but air condition in hotel was God send.
Find time to see Clinton museum and ride the trolley.
Can not wait to come back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I recently had lunch at the One Eleven before leaving for home after a three day visit to Little Rock. She had a catfish “burger” on a gluten free bun along with red pepper soup. I had a half Reuben with the gumbo. Of the four items, the red pepper soup got the highest grade. Her catfish sandwich was good and as we like to cook something for us to think about fixing ourselves. The Reuben was basic, but good. I enjoyed getting a half sandwich as often a full Reuben is too much. The gumbo didn’t seem to have any shrimp or okra. The flavor was fine. Service was excellent, the surroundings sophisticated. Good place with lots of business going on at various tables.

Valet Park -- the cost is only the tip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is stunning and the rooms very generous. I travel over 100,000 miles globally per year and the Capital Hotel is one of the finest hotel I have ever stayed at. The value is outstanding. The room included a "charging station" that had plug in's for iPhone and Android devices along with several USB connections in addition along with fast free internet – a business person’s dream.
The hotel is located in beautiful downtown Little Rock. The most picturesque run I have had. Runners enjoy the Presidential library, along with wonderful bronze statues, gardens, parks and a very cool pedestrian bridge.
The bar/restaurant is nothing short of delectable - amazing atmosphere and service. Speaking of service, it was over the top, every single person went above and beyond to exceed my expectations.
This was my first time to Little Rock; I will be back staying at the Capital Inn. Their spiced pecans are to die for. The great news is you can purchase them at the hotel. On a scale of 1-5 this hotel is a 10.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathleen P
Memphis
Reviewed 19 August 2014

From being greeted by a group of doormen to being checked in (early) in our room by the concierge, service at the Capital hotel is above what you would expect at your average 5 star hotel. We stayed a weekend in a Grand Suite which certainly met that description. The 1100 square foot one bedroom suite was decorated with Chinese style furniture and included a dining room table that seated 6. The large bedroom was almost equaled in size by the enourmous bathroom.
The restored nineteenth century hotel has a beautiful lobby with stained glass sky light windows and a grand stair case.
The only complaint I have was the limited a la carte choices for breakfast if one did not want the breakfast buffet. The main hotel restaurant was still undergoing renovations during our stay.
On visits to Little Rock, the Capital Hotel is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Maumelle, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I decided to take a special date night and stayed at the capital hotel, even though we only live 10 miles away. It was one of the most exceptional experience we have had at a hotel. We were met at the valet area by a professional and friendly young woman who had our room key within a minute and was ready to walk us to our room. She took us the the 3rd floor, introduced us to our king room with all of its features and made sure we were satisfied. We were upgraded to a capital king room without even requesting. The room was huge with a four poster bed, dining table, and sofa. We ate at the restaurant downstairs, and there was toffee praline awaiting us when we returned. This was our first time here, but we will definitely return. Service and accommodations were first class.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple