“Super Nice Holiday Inn”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
“Super Nice Holiday Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

This has got to be the nicest Holiday Inn that we have stayed in over the past 30 years. It is not only convenient to the airport, but it is extremely nice and exceptionally clean. The bed was great, the staff was superb, and they were very accommodating in giving us a shuttle to the airport to meet our early morning flight. There is just nothing bad I can say about this hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: I don't think you can find a bad room, and you're never going to get away from those in-room...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Paul D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, 29 March 2015
Thank-you so much for your great review. This summer we will be renovating our rooms so we hope you will find the Hotel even nicer in 2015 than you found it in '14. Safe travels until we meet again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Frankenmuth, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel is not a cookie cutter Holiday Inn. The room was nicely appointed and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and attentive. I will stay here again however I was not impressed wiith the bed mattress. I did not sleep as well as I thought I would and I equate it to the mattress. The breakfast was good. This is a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Very nicely appointed Holiday Inn, very clean, nice staff (even at midnight for check-in), no complaints other than the beds. Beds were double beds, not queen sized and they managed to be both squishy and trampoline like all at the same time. I don't know how that's possible, but it apparently is.

We did hear either airplanes or interstate noise a few times during the night, not sure which, but this wasn't an issue. More importantly, we could not hear people in other rooms or in the hall, and I appreciate that even more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
We thank you for taking time to give us your feedback during this busy holiday season. How nice to know that our great staff and super cleanliness were some of the first things that you mentioned. That means a lot to us because we know taking care of our guest is what we are here for.
A lot of people do mention that althought they thought noise might be a factor with us so close to the airport, it just never is. Gladly it was not an issue for you either.
We sincerely apologize for your bed not being to your likely, we are in the process of rotations and I assure you we will be on the lookout for that room.
Again, thank you for your review.
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed here on business in Little Rock recently and was pleasantly surprised. I have to admit that Holiday Inn properties in general haven't "wowed" me when I've stayed in them over the last few years. But this one is different. The staff was extremely friendly and capable--especially the front desk staff. The room was very clean and had all the amenities I'd expect. I stayed on the "concierge" floor, which included a good, hot breakfast each day--the staffer tending the breakfast was friendly, prompt and helpful. I ate once at the Boston's restaurant inside the hotel, and once again, I found the wait staff friendly and competent--she even brought me an "unsweet" tea to go when I finished my meal. The location is very convenient to the airport, and with a free shuttle back and forth, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is an oddly laid out Holiday Inn - old school. But the rooms are newer. There is a sports bar - Bostons - that looked good but we didn't eat there. I had the concierge floor. What i didn't llke was the layout - for instance, the gym was inside the concierge lounge...it was odd to work out in the concierge lounge. But - I'd definitely stay here again. No Holiday Inns have a good breakfast - so this was no surprise here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Harrison, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Have stayed here several times for business conferences. Rooms are spacious for overnighters and property is well-maintained. Close to airport but seldom hear air traffic. On-site restaurant is above-average in selection and quality. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the building and you can avoid stairs and elevators.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Subeallen
Longview, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Business takes me to this property twice a year. Overall my experience has been great and its proximity to the airport is a real plus. The rooms have always been clean, tidy and business amenities great.

However a recent change has me shaking my head. On this stay I needed a laundry bag to pack some wet clothing. Expecting the standard plastic bag hanging in the closet, I found this property had deleted them and in their place was a paper bag. Not sure when this change happened, but it left me without a standard amenity normally available at all other properties I stay at.

What's the deal Holiday Inn? You guys cheeping out? I know the trend is to label all things plastic as bad, but in this case its irritating your clients. So after paying $100+ for a room, I have to go find my own plastic bag?

Please rethink your policies.

27J
A Platinum level Priority Club member

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
We sincerely do not want you to have to go find your own plastic bag next time, so I hope you will let our sales department know when you are coming in and we will have one taken to your room. You are correct in your observation - we have paper because we are trying to go "green" as much as we can to be friendly to the environment. Actually we have always used paper laundry bags since we reopened, but again that does not mean that we cannot take care of your request. We go out of our way to make sure our guests are happy. Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback.