“Parking is the best in downtown Little Rock”

Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #15 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA
“Parking is the best in downtown Little Rock”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Doubletree started out years ago as a major convention hotel called the Camelot, linked to a next-door auditorium, but faded over time. The Doubletree folks did some major renovations, but that clearly was a few years ago. The lobby and public areas are great, and the staff was extremely helpful. However the parking is the best part, since all other downtown hotels have real parking problems. The Doubletree has an underground parking garage where you can park and take an elevator up to the lobby or rooms. I had asked about possibly getting an upgrade via the internet, and the desk automatically put us in the Club Floor without a price hike--very nice! The room was OK -- everything worked, with a few nicks and stains visible. The street noise was surprisingly loud on the 17th floor--perhaps because we had a balcony [with a great view of the Arkansas River.]

Room Tip: Ask the desk folks for specials--they are VERY helpful.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Staff nice.. Housekeeping come a bit early for stayovers...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen M
NASHVILLE
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I was part of a party of 11 that booked multiple rooms to stay at the Doubletree while we were in Little Rock to attend a graduation. I had a great room on the 10th floor overlooking the river. The staff was very friendly and courteous, especially Bo, the Front Desk Supervisor, whose attention to detail and assistance was greatly appreciated. Our party included several elderly adults and the Doubletree staff graciously provided complimentary shuttle service to the Statehouse Convention Center where the graduation was being held.

The food in the dining room is really good and the Doubletree has a great location downtown with access to the Riverwalk for your outdoor run or walk. Also, the Doubletree has complimentary wireless which worked just fine for me. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom spotless. I plan on staying there again in the fall when I will be making a return trip to Little Rock.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Let me start by saying that I'm normally not an overly critical or "high maintenance" type of hotel guest. So long as basic amenities are provided in a good quality manner, I am usually very satisfied with a hotel experience. With Doubletrees, the bar I expect is raised a bit due to the relatively higher costs than say, a HI Express. Having said that, this Doubletree is by far the worst one I have ever stayed at.

First and most importantly, the in-room wifi signal was HORRIBLE. Now, that may not mean a lot to some travelers, but I suspect that for business travelers, having a strong wifi signal in your room is extremely important if you need to check emails, do remote work, video chat, etc. None of this was viable in my room due to the very weak signal. I moved down to the lobby to use their signal but it was also very weak. Note: this was not due to my laptop as it normally picks up signals fine in other hotels. If you are on serious deadlines and need to work fast and efficiently online, don't count on it at the Doubletree in Little Rock. As I mentioned, a wifi signal may not mean a lot or anything at all to some people, but if you are a business traveler and working on important projects, having a strong and reliable wifi signal at your hotel can be pretty key. The only positive aspect of the wifi here was the fact that it was complimentary (unlike other Doubletrees). Since I happened to have several very important projects I needed to work on remotely when I arrived, but couldn't due to the poor wifi signal here, that made my stay here extremely frustrating.

Second, the room itself was very mediocre. I had a single queen bed, with a half size room compared to other doubletrees. Additionally, instead of hotel-wide central heat/cooling, my room had an old fashioned single air con/heating unit - the kind that gets extremely noisy. The provided desk was relatively small and was a barely sufficient work space. All in all, fine if you were staying at a cheaper hotel, but for a Doubletree - Definitely not up to the same standards as other branches.

On the plus side, the hotel is very well located in downtown Little Rock, and staff seemed very friendly. The breakfast buffet itself was pretty good, though staff were a bit lackadaisical. Having said that, these plusses didnt come close to outweighing the negatives of my experience here. I am definitely never going to be staying here again should I ever be back in Little Rock.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TLAM99
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Thank you for telling us of your recent experience here at the Doubletree by Hilton Little Rock. I will share your comments with our General Manager. The good news is we have been working for the the last few months on a Bandwidth upgrade which is now scheduled to take place May 29 - 31st of this month. I am sorry we did not have it installed for your recent stay but hope you will try us again after our upgrade.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2012

First I want to thank priceline for the "name your own price" option. I was able to get this room for $61 a night! Major snag!

This is a nice hotel. It met all of my expectations. The lobby is clean and nicely decorated. Nothing just super unforgettable, but nice and clean. The service was good. When I arrived, the front desk worker was a bit overwhelmed and had me waiting for about 7 minutes. But he made it up to me and gave me a room with a great view. No complaints. The room was nice. Everything worked. I mean it was just NICE. I can't hate. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. The location is great! I ran the medical mile and ended up down by the Clinton Presidential library and the Rivermarket district. Great experience! Also if you stay here on the weekends, just park on the streets of downtown, its free!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deerych
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to stay at the Doubletree on New Year's Day for a couple of nights. Currently, we both work in the hospitality industry and did not get a chance to truly celebrate the New Year, so this was the next best thing. Upon checkin, we were greeted with a warm smile and everyone's favorite, COOKIES! The Guest Service Representative was very cordial, thorough and informative. We had arrived a little early and had no problems waiting for our room, however she was kind enough to find a room that was ready and get us into it immediately.

We arrived to our room on the 14th floor and it was spectacular! The view of the Arkansas River along with Dickey Stephens Ballpark was enough, but the included balcony was a perk we were definitely not expecting. The room was very clean, nicely appointed, cozy and had large ceilings which we both liked. It opened up the room quite nicely.

Once we got settled in, we decided to visit the Plaza Grille and Bar for a quick bite to eat. We were greeted by Bruce who had actually waited on us in the past. He's a great guy always good for a laugh and makes you feel very welcome. I had a black and blue burger and my girlfriend had a turkey reuben. Both were excellent. We ended up eating here two more times before we departed. Some people are hesitant of eating hotel food but I definitely would not shy away from eating here again.

Throughout our stay all hotel employees were very courteous, kind and helpful. We often encountered members of the housekeeping staff when in the elevators and they always inquired how we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything extra we needed for our room.

It is soon time for another small getaway and we are looking forward to a return visit to this property.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SavvySeth
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed for business during a conference. I thought the hotel was very nice. It's an older hotel, but it's updated nicely. I had a room with a King size bed on the 8th for. Nice view of the riverfront, especially at night from the bed. In the daytime if you're standing near the windows and look down you see parking lot. Not so nice. The room was nicely appointed with a mammoth plasma TV and a bed that I'm still dreaming about. Everything else was pretty standard. The coffee in the room was delish. The showerhead was to die for and I appreciated all the extra linen.

The common areas of the hotel were clean and I found the lobby seating to be extremely comfortable. I ate in the restaurant three times. Nothing fantastic, but the prices were reasonable.

The staff was friendly, the shuttle quick and the cookies were the best I've ever had. If I wasnt bogged down with bags, I would have purchased a tin to take home.

All and all I was pleased. I would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business