“Nice remodeling; rough on edges”

Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice remodeling; rough on edges”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I would rate the hotel a 3.5. The lobby and rooms were nicely remodeled. The exercise room was adequate, but with some well-used equipment. I had to ask the hotel to bring me a hair dryer. There was no plug by the front entry to plug in the iron, which was stored in the front entry "closet" which was an indent in the wall with no doors. There was coffee provided in the rooms.

The elevator was rough on the edges - seemed like some unfinished remodeling work. The door to an outside area on my floor with a pool looked like a construction zone - sort of odd as there were no construction signs. The breakfast was not too pricey, but would have been better had it been included in the price, similar to other Doubletrees.

They provided free transport from airport to hotel(with a long wait), from hotel to our meeting and from our meeting to the airport. Nice to have these complementary.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you took the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I understand we are scheduled for new equipment in the fitness room at the beginning of the year. I have forward your review to our General Manager so he can discuss the other items with our maintenance department.

We do everything we can to ensure out guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, your feedback is incredibly important to us. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Brandon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great place for a weekend trip for anyone and any age, family or couple retreat. Hotel and Staff was just outstanding. Very friendly and very informative on entertainment and places to go and visit while visiting.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed you stay and I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments on your stay.
Little Rock, AK, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I received free corporate breakfast and the napkins at the table were old, the kind of old that comes from repeated washing and makes them flimsy... They were washed poorly because it looked like crumbs were on them I tried the other nappkin at my table across from me, the same and looked for other napkins but they all looked the same. The warm cookies at check-in were a nice touch. I was not too happy with my wakeup call at 430 am... guess they forgot to adjust for the fall back time change.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Valdimir R
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay and we apologize for the quality of napkins in our restaurant during your stay. We aim for the highest standards available for our guests and truly apologize for not meeting them

I hope that the next time you are in town, you will give us another opportunity to provide you with exceptional Service you deserve.

sincerely,
Little Rock, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

No issues other than they did not have a room on Honors Floor. I had made reservations weeks in advance. I stay at this hotel at least once a month. Generally the staff are very friendly and rooms are clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Luxury hotel in the center of the city. Makes for a great place to stay if you're attending a program at the Robinson Center. Both properties are attached. It's only a few steps walk from the entrance of one property to the other. The hotel lobby is large, brightly lit and welcoming. There's a small bar and sitting area directly to the left of the entrance. One may have a drink, appetizers or order a light meal. There is also a dine in restaurant on the other side of the bar. The check-in staff is polite and helpful. Each guest is given a warm individually wrapped chocolate chip cookie that is delightfully delicious. The cookies may be purchased in a tin of 6 cookies from personnel in the bar-dining area if one cookie is not enough. As one can imagine the rooms are tastefully appointed with more luxurious furnishing than found in most other hotels. The room and bath were clean with flat screen TV, desk and comfortable bed. We did not need to use parking, however, one might want to call ahead to find out about parking since the hotel shares parking with the Robinson Center next door. The hotel address, W. Markham St turns into Bill Clinton Avenue.There are several blocks of small shops, restaurants and bars. We did not dine at this property, but had drinks and coffee; it was pricey, but that would be expected in a property such as this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hot Springs AR, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were attending an event at the Robinson Auditorium. It was raining. How nice it was to be able to walk a few steps and arrive dry. The warm cookie that was given to us at check in was a very pleasant welcome. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

The front desk was very nice/helpful when I arrived, even upgraded my room! The parking situation was a little strange, its not real clear where the hotel guests are supposed to park, you could easily overpay for parking there. The room was quite nice, however, the bathroom was kind of strange and not the cleanest of floors (saw some hairs in the corners). The room service was ok, probably wouldn't spend the money again on it. My biggest complaint about my stay was that the hot water in the shower didn't work. I called the front desk and they said they would take care of it. Maintenance busted into my room (luckily I had the dead bolt lock on the door), no knock or anything. I ended up taking a cold shower because I was in a rush. Also, didn't receive my receipt under the door. Overall, wasn't a bad hotel and would probably stay there again, just wouldn't order room service and would make sure my hot water worked before getting in the shower first thing in the morning.

Room Tip: Corner rooms were really nice, 2 floors with a view of the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business