“good business hotel / good bar”

Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
tulsa, United States
“good business hotel / good bar”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

i just wanted a clean, quiet, nice place to go after working and driving all day. i also wanted a couple beers & was all too pleased to get to Stela's for under $10. i know it sounds crazy, but it's the little things that count.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Shawnee, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel was wonderful and service was important to them from the start of our stay. A warm and welcoming cookie, accommodating staff, great working internet, what more could a weary traveler want. Also, if your out late, you can still get food after the main dining room closes, this is great if your meetings run long as mine did. Clean room, and the soap's weren't that foo-foo smell, just a nice clean lemony.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Little Rock, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We rented a one bedroom suite. Found crumbs from the previous guest and it was clear the sheets hadn't been changed. Disgusting. We were staying there with our two small children, they were already sleeping, so we could not switch rooms or have housekeeping give the room a proper cleaning. I will never stay at a Doubletree again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Andrew H
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you were not completely satisfied and do apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. In addition I am very sorry if you found our front desk staff to be unfriendly. I sincerely apologize and assure you that you experience does not reflect the level of standards we strive to provide all our guests.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that the next time you are in town, you will give us another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service you deserve. Thank you again for your comments.
Cedar Hill, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Excellent, Next time I would like to take the time to take advantage of all the amenities that the hotel offers. I loved the breakfast and the ability to eat in the restaurant and the ability to eat in your room.. My room had living area, kitchen and my master suite, it was perfect, more than I had expected. We had happy hour, something that we haven't done in other hotel's. The staff was very nice, respectable and always tried to pleased our needs. The room was lovely and very comfortable. LOVED IT! Would highly recommend any facilities of the double tree. Very pleased with all their services.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Pearland, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The staff and service at this location where very friendly. For just a quick one night stop on our way to our destination in Missouri, we would definitely stop here again. The value was well worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Last minute booking for our return trip home from a week of fun, frivolity, and fellowship. Left Houston for two nights at a casino in Biloxi, two nights in Atlanta visiting friends, three days in Clarksville, TN with my best friend and his family...then headed back home. I got online and booked a hotel room at the DoubleTree in downtown Little Rock...half way in between Clarksville and Houston. First...their weekend rates are spectacular for a Hilton property...I understand about "business hotels" and weekend rates...the DoubleTree in Little Rock understands also. Reduced rates for travelers on the weekends...good deal.

However...my "great rate" experience only began with an inexpensive night at a FINE hotel in the downtown area of Little Rock.

My wife and I checked in with the front desk and were greeted by two amazing people...the front office supervisor, Joy Shade, and her clerk, Keonna Finney. We were treated as a member of the family...returning from a long journey. Check in was fast and efficient, and we were given a room on the 11th floor...overlooking the river (wonderful view). We were towing a motorcycle on a trailer, and inquired about parking, the parking is owned by the City, and we expected to pay double, since we had a trailer. So, as we headed out the door to park, the valet supervisor of the night, Tommy Batch, allowed us to park our truck/trailer on the drive where the hotel vans park...saving us from a charge.

Next...food and drink after a long trip of about 7 hours. We went to the bar (weekend...restaurant closed) and ordered food and drinks. The bartender, Tom, was a hoot...entertaining us all the while. The food was good...not great...but filled our tummies. I had the ribs...St Louis style (heavily sauced and baked) which wasn't Texas Style...as I am used to...but still flavorful and good. My wife had the Chicken Marsala, and was not impressed. The Marsala sauce was heavy and not very good...a tad bit salty...but not everything can be perfect. However, we had a great time watching football games, eating and drinking, before we headed up to the room.

Ten minutes after we arrived in our room, the phone rang. It was the front desk, and Keonna asked if we were happy...asked if the DoubleTree could do anything for us. THAT is the personal touch I look for in a hotel! I am an "evil smoker" and had to go outside to satisfy my addiction...and stopped at the front desk to thank the staff for their kindness. Joy and Keonna were all smiles. These two ladies GET IT! They know customer service.

The face of the hotel is the front desk staff...and Joy and Keonna are a fine example of Hilton hospitality. This place is great! A true gem for the casual traveler who knows to find downtown hotels, geared for the weekday business traveler, and is largely empty on the weekends.

In short (who are we kidding...I talk LONG..not short)...the DoubleTree in downtown Little Rock is a great place to stay! Oh...and don't forget the DoubleTree serves warm chocolate chip cookies to it's guests!!!

Room Tip: On the weekend...hotel is largely empty. Ask for a river-view room! The view is great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Siloam Springs, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I will not stay at this hotel again. The parking attendants were very rude. They wouldn't get out of their chairs, implied we were stupid. Have never been to this hotel before, ridiculous to charge $9 parking for each time you leave and come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Rhonda S
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the parking attendent in the garage you experienced. I have forwarded your comments to the Little Rock Convention Bureau who operates the parking garage for the City of Little Rock.