“Get What You Pay For - Good Price”

Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock
Ranked #43 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here years ago on a business trip and it was very nice so when a relative was in a nearby hospital and I was exhausted from driving back and forth I decided to stay here. BIG disappointment. I should have taken time to read reviews. Everything stinks. Bad smoke smell when you walk in the lobby door and in non-smoking room. Stain on sheets, spider web in window and above nasty looking curtains, something all over carpet, carpet torn, ceiling peeling in bathroom, fridge makes a knocking noise, no clock. TV channels mostly clear and air conditioner works but probably won't be staying here again. This is the single room. Prices good so I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. We met with our staff, and we will be inspecting our rooms before our guest's arrival to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact us, at lws@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was so disappointed in the cleanliness of the rooms. I even switched rooms and looked at 3 more rooms but none of them were good. It was also supposed to be a non-smoking room - everyone of them smelled like old smoke and had burn marks on the counters. The furniture was horribly stained to the point that I asked for 2 extra sheets to cover them and then the carpet was stained and just filthy. You couldn't even walk on the carpet barefoot without having to wash your feet. It was icky. I brought my daughter from the hospital with a newborn baby and after 3 nights I couldn't stand it anymore. We checked out and went to another hotel. I can understand wear and tear but there is no reason to not shampoo your carpets. The thought of the germs in the carpet alone just grosses me out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lynn W

Lynn - Thank you for telling us about your experience. We are very disappointed to hear about the condition of your room. We will inspect all areas of our rooms to make sure they meet our standards. We will also work with our housekeeping staff to ensure our rooms smell fresh at all times.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Please contact us, at lws@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I travel for work which requires me to stay in hotels for weeks at at time. The ONLY positive aspect about my stay was the excellent customer service I received from Latoya (I hope I spelled her name right) and her supervisor, Kristen! They truly went above and beyond but it wasn't their fault the place was a DUMP! The room was disgusting and made my skin crawl. The entire place needs to be shut down and the owners need to be held accountable for letting it get to that point. I thought it was very unprofessional of the hotel manager to reprimand an employee while in front of myself and other guests. So much for leading by example... I will NOT stay there again!

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for telling us about your experience. We appreciate your kind words about our staff; however, we are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We will work with our staff to continuously improve our hotel and our guest's experience.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was the cheapest hotel in the area I could find online. Got a single nonsmoking room, which was very big, with couch and galley style kitchen. The room was pretty dingy, as in lost of dirt on the baseboards, marks on walls and stains on ceilings. Overall just looked very old. Couch was disgusting looking and chairs, etc looked dirty. The AC was incredibly loud when it kicked on. On the bright side, the bed was fine and I got decent sleep. Exercise room had 3 machines. Breakfast consists of coffee, granola bars and fruit. Staff was friendly and it is pretty well located close to a lot of shopping and restaurants.

Basically it is what you would expect at this price... not luxury by any stretch, sort of dingy and dirty, and not anywhere I would stay for more than a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our customer service; however, we apologize that your air conditioner was loud and that you were not pleased with the overall condition and cleanliness of your room. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at lws@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I checked out early. Great customer service and its not there fault the hotel not what I thought it would be. Its ok if you stay for 30 days so you can get the savings but not really worth it if your staying a couple days

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We appreciate the kind comments about our customer service; however, we apologize that hotel did not meet your expectations. I am currently repainting all public areas to ensure that your disappointment does not happen again in the future.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

First, I have to say that Matt at the front desk was very helpful and very nice. However, that is where the positive aspects end. I had to switch rooms two different times because the first two had no working air conditioning. The first two were on the third floor. That floor smells like a combination of a hockey locker room and cheap cigarettes. The smoking rooms are close enough to the non-smoking ones to allow the stench to waft over to the non-smoking side of the hall.

No shampoo is provided, so be prepared to bring your own.

The closet door was missing and the stripping along the bottom of the wall was missing in some places.

The clientele seemed sketchy, and I did not feel safe walking about the premises.

I had intended to stay here again on my way back to Michigan, but considering my horrible experience here and at two other Extended Stay hotels on this trip, I have since cancelled my reservation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to our front desk staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read about your experience in at our hotel. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have started monitoring hallways for people smoking in non-smoking areas, to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I travel all the time. We came to little rock because our daughter and family were in the tornado and came to help. We have a small dog and we stayed here because they took pets and it was close to where they live. This hotel is a dump. We have never in our living lives seen anything like the elevator was filthy, the carpet was gross, we had to buy cleaning supplies to clean the whole room ourselves. The bathtub was black, the floors were black, around the bed was trash found a cigarette butt under the bed and an empty cigarette box, behind the night stands were candy wrappers, and cigarette butt. We had roaches climbing on our wall, we did not sleep most of the fine we were there, the couch had white spots all over the chairs were stained with white spots, it was like living in a roach motel will never ever stay there again. Besides having to help our daughter with her damage in here home we had to come and try to rest in this grossness. Please help!

Room Tip: Do not go there!
Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family