“Closed / Relocated as of 2014-01-01”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ferneau - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ferneau
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walnut
Little Rock
“Closed / Relocated as of 2014-01-01”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Closed / "Moved" to the Wyndham Hotel in North Little Rock as of Jan. 01, 2014 ... Reopening in the Wyndham in mid. Jan 2014

North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“Wow, What a Dinner !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The Leg of Lamb was awesome, and served with smashed, garlic potatoes..

My friend, who is a gourmet chef himself, had the scallop plate and and said it was outstanding!

I ordered the calamari for an appetizer and it looked like it came off an octopus. It was the best that either off us have ever had! We have both eaten all over the world!

I will be returning this Saturday with a party of six.

I am salivating as I think about the return!

You have a great restaurant !.

• Visited August 2013
Alabama
“Cold food bad service..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I should have known when it took an hour and a half to get our food we were in for a bad evening. I asked if I could get a vegetarian plate when I saw how many vegetable sides they had. The waiter said sure.. I was thrilled to see purple hull peas as a choice.. Well, when the food finally came, it was cold.. I had literally 6 asparagus spears that were cold and had no seasoning on them, a bowl of black eyed peas, not purple hulls, and some spinach.. The spinach and Sweet potatoes were tasty but cold.. My daughter's salmon was under-cooked but it was so dark in there the waiter started to say it was supposed to be that way but then picked it up and had to take it over to the fish tank to see.. He took it back. He then offered to bring us some desserts because of the under-cooked meal and because it took so long to get our food.. He went over the choices and my son asked if he had chocolate ice cream.. he said yes..so that is what he ordered.. Well, when he came out with them, he brought vanilla...I told him we ordered chocolate so he took it away and brought it back with syrup on it... OK.. so I said Ummm we ordered chocolate ice cream. He looked at me and in a very ugly tone said Oh, we don't have chocolate... WOW... OK.. well, he brought out the check and instead of charging me for a vegetarian plate, he charged me for each individual side dish.. I paid $7 for 6 spears of cold tasteless asparagus... WOW... Jerk..

• Visited August 2013
Little Rock, AR
“Now named Rocket Twenty-One”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Had an odd lunch there with friends. Ordered apple-goat cheese salad with shrimp. Portion very small. No bread or crackers offered. Left hungry. Friend's blackened chicken sandwich was dry - no mayo or spread on the bread at all. Our helpful server was apparently told to leave midway through serving us due to "labor costs." Second guy was brusque and we felt run off.

• Visited July 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Wish it hadn't changed, but food is still good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

This used to be our favorite "date" restaurant. For over a decade my husband and I would get a sitter once a week or so and we'd find ourselves at Ferneau more often than not. They were bought out about a year ago and while the food is still good, the atmosphere and folks have changed. It used to be a quaint, slightly uptown, local restaurant with a great bar (killer martinis), excellent wine and great neighborhood feel. Now it seems like it's lost it's charm, the food is still the same, but the crowd and feel of the place have changed... There's a chain feel to it and there's nothing about a chain I like....

• Visited February 2013