“Hotel needs updates and better maintenance.”

Chase Suite Hotel El Paso
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
“Hotel needs updates and better maintenance.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had to stay here for one night but it was quite a memorable one... The tub was draining slowly. Towards the end of my shower, the water faucet in the bath tub came off while I was turning it to turn the water off. Needless to say, the water came gushing out with full force and the tub was draining slowly so I had to run out to call front desk. The phone did not work. Upon calling the front, they told me that the maintenance person was out doing a shuttle run to the airport and it will take 10 minutes. I told them that the water was going to overflow and they said just to lay down towels.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Copperas Cove, Texas, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Well I was there for about two months. The overall room was good. Some coworkers had some bugs in their rooms but I did not. The cabinets under the sink was falling in.
If I came back to the area I would not mind staying there. The staff was nice and generous. The weeknight cocktails was a nice gesture. The staff cooked four nights a week and the food was good.

• Stayed May 2014
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked the room through Hotwire so got a great price for the room. The room was large. Everything was clean and well-maintained with the exception of the light over the entrance door. To me it was more of a nuisance than a safety issue. Breakfast was fine and it is very close to the airport. I'd stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The first room we got as soon as you walked in the smell of cigarettes would hit you, I called the front desk and they immediately gave us another room and it was good. The bed is really comfortable and also the sofa bed. The full size kitchen is great. The restroom very clean and I loved the shower, I'm a tall person and always have issues with the shower head being to low, not here it has an extension so it's raised higher. Will be coming back. Thank you

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for about 2 months while working for the Government. I had a great experience. The best part of the stay was the friendliness and attention of the staff. The hotel is in a great location; minutes from the Airport; Fort Bliss and Downtown. Room was clean (extended stay room) and the grounds were kept neat and clean as well. The best part was the free cocktails and snacks in the afternoons (not sure if they still offer that service) and I got to relax in the hot tub after a hard day at work. If I eve return to El Paso, The Chase will be my first option.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jose A R
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had to book here in November of 2013 but had to leave after one night because of the horrible conditions; nonetheless they charged me for two nights. The desk staff refused to give me a receipt when I went to check out after the first night saying I had to get my receipt from "hotels.com". Lesson learned! Never use "Hotels.com" or stay at this hotel! I travel six to ten nights each month throughout the southwest and have done so for twelve years--El Paso twice a month--and have never stayed in worse accommodations or been treated so poorly. I usually stay at Marriott, Hilton, or Hampton brands but they were all booked. The first room they tried to put me in had broken glass, gang graffiti on the door, and was unlit. I'm a woman and demanded a safer environment. Begrudgingly they put me nearer the office. The room shabby, threadbare linens and furniture, door had daylight around the sides, and generally felt unsafe all night long! Again, they refused to give me a receipt when I wanted to check out the next morning.
I have been fighting this hotel through my corporate American Express now for six months and still have not been cleared for the night I did not stays here! The folks who own and run this hotel have learned how to pull the wool over the eyes of military and overflow travelers who don't have the time to find something else and make most of their money for rooms people don't stay in. Do not be fooled by their on-line pictures as this is not the room you will stay in. If you are unfortunate enough to book there, think twice, get a receipt, and be sure to not leave any clothes, shoes, or socks on the floor! Hopefully you can leave in the same condition you arrived.

Room Tip: Find a Marriott, Hampton, Hilton or other legitimate chain with whom you have recourse if dissatisfi...