“Wonderful Hotel in Convenient Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso-Airport
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is an excellent Hampton Inn in a very convenient location. This is a great place to stay if you are passing through El Paso on I-10 or if you have business in the El Paso area. Located right off I-10 and just a mile or so from the El Paso Airport, you can get anywhere very quickly. I found the rooms to be very comfortable and quiet. The hotel has a courtyard type layout with a relaxing pool and jacuzzi area in the courtyard between the hotel wings. There is a manager's reception Sunday through Thursday evenings with light food and appetizers. They serve beer and wine and tea or punch as well. It was a real treat after a long day to enjoy a bite to eat and a glass of wine without leaving the hotel. The staff at this hotel is super friendly and welcoming to all the guests.

The hotel is a little tricky to get into. The entrance is off Gateway Blvd, which parallels I-10. You cannot exit the hotel lot directly on to Gateway though, so you have to take the road from behind the hotel. It is a fairly easy area to navigate. This hotel is in a built up area of El Paso, so if you are looking for more of a quiet locale, this is not it. However, this is a great hotel and is an tranquil oasis in the busy airport/I-10 corridor.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the hotel courtyard. They are very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Gabe_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here with us! I am so glad you enjoyed the complimentary Manager’s Reception that we offer from Monday-Thrursday as well as our other great amenities. I will certainly let our entire staff know that we have made your stay a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We are glad that you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

On the week of March 11th 2013 I had business in El Paso Tx.

Of course my options on the corparate travel account are really specific as to hotel choices. Never the less the Hampton Inn El Paso Airpot was one of my choices. Keep in mind I usually book with another chain of hotels, it's just easier for me.

I did not go to the hotel from airport, but met with a co-worker at Starbucks for a pre meeting. I took a cab ride to Starbucks, which happened to be just out side of the airport. The cab driver was somewhat disappointed about the short fare, and in no uncertain terms he let me know about it. So if you have a short fare let your cab driver know before you get in, they have to pay $10 to wait for a fare in the pick up zone at the airport.

Oh yeah, about the hotel. The hotel has updated amenities with grounds that are clean and appealing, but that is not the beauty of this hotel, it is the people who work inside this quaint & friendly placel! They do their utmost to keep you comfortable and secure. I had a problem with the tempature settings and they were timely getting to my room, and actually fixed the problem!

Every week day evenings they have a happy hour, with great items; drinks for the kids, and adult drinks. With above average hor' d'oevres. I did not have a rental car so I used their shuttle service, because I did not want to upset any more cab drivers. They will take you anywhere with in a 4-5 mile radius, with no complaints and a grat attitude.

Like I said before all the little stuff like room service, happy hour, shuttle service, that is just icing on the cake. The real value is all the staff that really appretiate their guest. "The Full Package"!

Room Tip: Use the shuttle service they will run most of the night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Gabe_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you found the amenities in our hotel to your liking and that we were able to offer you a warm comfortable stay. We look forward to serving your travel needs at our hotel should you return to the area. We love having you here!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Most Hampton Inn's are a good place to rest your weary bones. Attitude and exceptional service - 5 Stars. The staff at this one set it apart from the others! We unexpectedly passed through El Paso and needed a room for one night. Having no reservations, we were a late drop-in. The receptionist, Megan, was exceptional in finding us a room as they were full and a due to a cancellation happening as we just walked in. She also went the extra mile in taking care of several other items that needed attention. Room, with two queens, was very clean, bright, well maintained, comfortable. It was apparent that housekeeping had also gone the extra mile in preparing the room. Morning buffet was good, not exceptional, however Guadalupe was taking care of it and went the extra mile in keeping it neat and fully stocked, but most importantly constantly checking with all to see how she could help them. All staff we interacted with were exceptional! Would highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our entire team was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with everyone! I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way. Safe travels!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I was checked lasted less than two minutes. I was so surprised when I walked into the suite. You will not believe your eyes. The suite is not a suite but more of a large one bedroom apartment. It was complete with a separate kitchen and all of the items you need to prepare your meals. There is a stove, microwave, fridge and even a dish washer. Everything looked brand new and I was not surprised to find out that the hotel has undergone a complete renovation.

The living room is spacious and there are two televisions. The other one is in the bedroom. I have never seen such sparkling sheets. There was a kingsize bed that was an absolutely welcome sight after many of hours on the road. The bathroom area is also huge.

I found this hotel to be spotless. Not even a speck of dust. What was also an added plus is the kindness and hospitality of the staff. Ready to take me to the mall or a local restaurant with their hotel van. This staff surely knows the meaning of customer service. I will return back to this hotel on my next trip to El Paso. Very highly recommended!!!!

Room Tip: Hotel is located in the center of town and only a few minutes from the El Paso International Airport...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank magicdavid
Gabe_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our entire staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way. We love having you here!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stay at Hampton's at least twice a month, so I know the products pretty well. At this location you'll get updated amenities, nice size room but its the staff that makes this places special. The thing that I most appreciated was the friendly and helpful staff. I was a late night check in, tired from a long drive, the staff make check-in a snap. The rooms was large, quite, well stocked and above all very neat and clean.

This location is perfect, off the highway and just down the road from the airport, I feel its a safe location on a row of other brand hotels. We had a room on the 3 floor facing the highway and heard no noise from the airport or interstate.

Breakfast in the new updated lobby was way above the other Hampton's with lots of options for all types of eaters. You'll not go away hungry.

Overall one of the top HI properties Ive stayed at! if you need a good nights sleep or just a place to kick back you'll not find a better hotel at this price point!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were
able to experience our warm Hamptonality! We can’t wait to see you again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of returning to El Paso. When arriving at the Hampton I was greeted like a long lost friend. Every employee, including the manager that came up to me to welcome me back called me by name! Then I realized they had renovated the entire lobby. It looked awesome. The pool area had a lot of additions also. Cushioned couches, bistro tables and stools. The room changes looked great too. (This place always had great rooms) Traveling most of the year and having hotel/motel syndrome this hotel is right at the top of my list for places to stay. No uppity attitudes. Just smiles and a 'we will take care of you no matter attitude' from the employees. Thanks for a great week in El Paso!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let our entire team know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I was not at all shocked by the great service I received the evening I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suits off of Airway. The hotel had a home feeling and didn't make me miss my home at all. I was greeted with such friendly smiles, politeness & most of all, I felt at home. All staff including management are top grade here at this hotel. Very respectful, courteous and what I loved most about the staff/management was how they were always willing to make me feel comfortable. You go other places and you do not get this kind of genuine service anymore. Thank you all again for making my stay here the best experience I've had.

• Stayed: March 2013
Gabe_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Thank you for your recent review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let our entire staff know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon. We love having you here!