“3 month stay, Brian Christie”

Extended Stay America - El Paso - West
Ranked #32 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
“3 month stay, Brian Christie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

The staff is what made this place stand out versus it's competitors. I have nothing but great things to say about all of them. The pool is alittle small but thats my only complaint.

Room Tip: if your working up at white sands, its a slightly longer drive everyday but was well worth it versus...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank trickhater
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again, regardless of the size of the pool. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand location.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

Do NOT stay here!!!! We checked in, went to our room and checked right back out. The room smelled musty and moldy, the couch was filthy and torn -looked about 40 years old. Did check for bed bugs and did not find any, however I would have rather slept in the bathroom. The room as a whole was horrible. I rated the service as very good bc the guy gave us all our money back.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Strickak
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

I am Very Happy with my Extended Stay at the Studio Plus Hotel In El Paso Tx. Because as I arrived the Saff treated me with respect, promtiness and very helpful maner,
the room was clean, and the room service during my stay was excellent.
the amenities are just perfect for long stays, all appliances worked and the constant care from the stuff attending any need and offers of help are outstanding.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I wanted a hotel with a gym. Well, this one has with two bikes, a tredmill and a bo-flex type machine. I was NOT happy with the gym at all! So if this is important to you, find another place! One of the bikes was broken and I thought the tredmill was too. I went to the front desk to question them but they were closed. So I did my workout on the old stationary bike from 1940. :( Later on I find out that you need a special key to activate the tredmill, which you get from the front desk (what the heck is that about?!).
Besides that, the room was spacious and I like having a full kitchen. It was clean and quiet. No breakfast provided but laundry on-site. There is good wireless internet for a cost per day.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fishheath
South TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2007

We stayed here for 6 nights, as the west side location was important to us. I found the room to be spacious, by regular hotel room standards, though the a.c., as noted by another reviewer is close to the bed. Still, the bed was comfortable and the a.c. was cold. The furnishings are rather spartan, and the colors of teal and burgundy are definitely 90's. There is a full size kitchen with a standard size refrigerator, apartment size stove, dishwasher, and microwave. There is a coin laundry downstairs, as well as an exercise room and an outdoor pool. The wifi was $4.99 for the duration of the stay, and worked perfectly. The room was immaculately clean. The Sunland Park Casino/Racetrack, as well as a large mall are within a mile.

I guess my only complaint would be that the room was not cleaned the day the desk person said it would be cleaned. In fact, in the entire 6 days, it was never cleaned. Also, the kitchen has the barest of utensils. Overall, though a real value.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank jmb994
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2007

Like another reviewer, I also got this hotel on Priceline for a bid of $32. For the price I'm pleased, BUT the room I got was by far the smallest I've ever had at a Studio Plus, which usually offers larger rooms than Extended StayAmerica, it's lower priced clone. The bed is crushed right up against the air con/heating unit! Along with all the furniture they've crammed in this clausterphobic space, it made for quite a squeeze for my husband and I.

Pros....
Located right off of I-10 on the far west side of town
Clean and new
Full kitchens
Plenty of shopping and fast food near by, plus a casino

Cons...
rooms are way too small, no counter space in bathroom
the worst chairs I've ever experienced, low to the ground and tilted forward. These chair serve as both your dining and your workspace chairs, which makes both uncomfortable
The little bitty TV is placed far away from the bed and couch, and at a weird angle, so it's hard to see from anywhere but the kitchen area

This hotel would be okay for a single person, but not for two full sized adults!

• Liked — proximity to I-10, full kitchen
  • Disliked — size counts!
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank coando
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2007

I stayed at this hotel 10 nights. Front rooms are noisy from street traffic. Back rooms are quieter, although the loudspeaker from the small amusement park next door can be easily heard. Busy train tracks are close by, which is good if you like the sound of American trains. Rooms are basic and dated, but very clean. The office staff are helpful and very courteous. Full kitchens, large refrigerators, big rooms. Wireless internet is available for a nominal fee. Good value for money.

• Liked — friendly and helpful office staff
  • Disliked — dated furnishings
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)