“No Water, Bad Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
San Francisco, California
“No Water, Bad Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Upon check in, they told me the time of breakfast and check out, but did not say anything about there would be no water in the next morning from 8am to noon. (So I had no idea!) So when I woke up in a serprise, I asked the front desk to use a shower at Comfort inn Suites which is right next door (30 seconds by walking). They said the Comfort Inn was full which was very strange, because I made a reservation the day before and there were many rooms available that time and the parking lot was almost empty. Anyway, I spoke with the manager, who had no customer service mind. He was simply rude, unsympathic, and unwilling to do anything. He totally made me feel like that I was the bad person, asking to use a shower in the morning at a hotel which I pay money. I wrote an e-mail when I came home, but no reply too.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank miles88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Southern States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

The experience started with rudeness and went downhill. Dark and dingy, the bed was like a marshmallow. I needed to use the fax line for work because SleepInn phones do not allow me to transmit from the room. When I went downstairs and explained this (I am a triple diamond choice hotel member), the girl at the front desk acted like this was the biggest imposition ever. I realize this is not a requirement, but a courtesy from them. She came back and told me the GM(who never showed their face) said I could not use this line any more. When I told her then I would have to move to another hotel, she said okay,bye! No thought to loss of business at all.Upon check out,same desk clerk was there and just as rude as at check out. Moved to the EconoLodge on Mesa, and was completely satisfied there. Also, upon check in, wet children from the pool were running around like banshees in the lobby, and the elevator floor was soaked and slippery. No one seemed to care.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Odessa, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

I was welcomed very well when I checked in late. Room service personnel as well as staff greeted us very politely while we stayed there. Room, King suite was in very good shape and a very good king bed at that. The choices in continental breakfast was OK, but the small room can be crowded when other guests in the hotel get up at about the same time. Overall, I was pleased with the value for the money I spent and would like to come back again to stay when we have to visit our relatives in El Paso. Also, the Casino is down the street on the other side of the state line!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Santa Fe
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2009

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel, but it was more than enough! Everything started when we walked in because the recepcionist that helped us with the reservation was very unfriendly and rude. Then when we walked into the room and noticed that it looked old and dirty just like the rest of the hotel. The bathroom was also dirty and very old, it made me feel as if I was in a hospital bathroom because it was so old and ugly. I really don't think this hotel is worth what they charge for a room. I know for a fact that you can stay at better hotels in El Paso for around the same price or even less!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights with a group of 8 people. Found it very clean and comfortable. We especially liked coming back to relax in the indoor pool and jacuzzi after a long day! Recommend it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

We were moving from California to Florida with children and a dog. We had a hard time finding a place to stay late at night with a large dog when the weather turned really bad. The Sleep Inn was recommended on this site so we booked a room. The hotel looked fine from the outside. Once we were inside, conditions of the place went downhill real fast. There was a very large pee stain outside the door of the room. The carpet was filthy, the walls had "mysterious stains" on them, the bathroom was not clean and the sheets did not look clean and the mattress had no support, you sat on the bed and went straight to the floor. There was hair in the cups that came with the coffee pot. No one slept that night including the dog. It was one of the most disgusting places we have ever stayed and will never go near any of the other "chain Choice motels" again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
tucson, az
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

This property was a pleasant spot to stay for a few night...clean, quiet and moderately priced

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple