Sleep Inn University
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewssunland parksingle cup coffee makerspent nights hereking suitemicrowave and fridgecomfort innbreakfast room isenglish muffinshot breakfastwe've stayedbed was very comfortableenjoyed my stayvery nice hotela great staythe hotel stafffront desk staffwaffels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this location. The staff was nice and the lobby was clean. The room was clearly not inspected by a manger and/or head of housekeeping before completion. There were no towels or washcloths, also no toiletries. The laundry bag had been previously used and was hung back up. There was a large 2 ft by 2ft tear in the carpet that had been patched by just throwing another piece over it. The floors were vacuumed, but still dirty. Keeep your shoes on unless you want to ruin your socks. I took my daughter out for breakfast and when I came back housekeeping had already stripped the bed and started cleaning the room. It was still 3 hours before check out.The worse part was that the fire alarm went off 3 times during the night starting at 4am. Having my 15 month old daughter with me and waking up to a fire alarm is one of the scariest things I've ever dealt with. I was scared for her life! The happened not once, but 3 times. Come to find out, there was an immature teen playing in the elevator causing the alarm to activate, so it was not completely to hotels fault. I doubt I will stay at this location again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Easy off/easy on to I-10 for the traveler overnighting in El Paso. If traveling west this is far enough from downtown that you will avoid El Paso rush hour in the morning. The parking lot is set back and appears to be very secure with one drive in and out. The checkin was efficient and friendly. We were assigned a king size room first floor (my preference) coupon rate of $59.95. The room basic furnishings with an updated modern bath. The bed was comfortable and clean, tv and internet were on par. The only complaint I have about the room is it had a musty smell. I could never figure out where the smell was coming from. It was not overpowering but it was noticeable. They offered use of the gym at their sister property next door but it was definitely out of order.

The breakfast was ok, not really great. I did expect more. Checkout was a bit slow but nothing to complain about.

Overall it was an efficient stay and pleasant enough. Anything to avoid El Paso rush hour in a secure, clean location is worth it to me.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Peter P, Manager at Sleep Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey and thank you for your comments that we will use to improve our service. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We arrived with a group organized by Diamond Tours. I think it is safe to say that of the 50 people on this bus, no one will stay at a Sleep Inn again! We arrived about 8 p.m. and waited a long time for check- in, unlike last night where another hotel chain was ready with room assignments. Then several rooms, including ours was not cleaned, beds were unmade, etc. When we finally got a clean room, carpet is so filthy that I would never walk on it in bare feet, the bed spread is spotted and old, and we needed towels and washcloths brought in. If one was to sit in the chair in the room, you would be on the floor as it is broken. The toilet did not flush right and when my husband contacted the front desk, the clerk came to the room and handed me the plunger for me to plunge it myself! I am not normally one to complain but this place is disgusting and we are only staying because we have no way of changing locations

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judy L
Peter P, General Manager at Sleep Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Judy,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.I have gone over your comments with all my staff. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Property CHI
Peter Perez
915 585 7577

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Nothing great or outstanding but suited its purpose. The room I was given seemed to be short on furnishings but what was there was ok. Everything seemed clean and bed was cimfortable. Front desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating. Plenty of eatery's nearby.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have stayed at this Sleep Inn on previous occasions many years ago with positive experiences. However that wasn't the case with this reservation. When I pulled into a parking place at the back entrance of the hotel I noticed a gathering of what appeared to be male youth on a wall behind the hotel. I felt very uncomfortable so I parked closer to the hotel main entrance. Key cards for the room didn't work and had to be reissued. Deadbolt didn't work due to misalignment so we were assigned a different room. Key cards to that room also didn't initially work and the bedding/bedspread was severely stained. As I exited the hotel via a side door two male youth attempted to gain entrance. I closed the door before they could enter and told them they would need to use their room key to enter. They fled on foot. I walked to the rear of the hotel to see if the group of people on the wall were still there. They were and the group was larger. I returned to the front desk and told the desk clerk I wanted to check out because I did not feel safe. He was accommodating. As I was leaving the hotel property in my vehicle several police cars were arriving. Although technically I did not stay at the hotel, I had enough of an experience to know I will never consider staying there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family