“Only if you like Mexican food for breakfast”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #51 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The room was okay, but needing a little upgrading. We were not prepared for how Spainsh the area would have been. Instead of the regular breakfast, we were looking forward to a breakfsat buffet in the adjoining restaurant. We don't mind Mexican food, but it was a little too much so early in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judi S

Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is the fourth or fifth time we stayed at this hotel, mainly because is very near to the basset mall and its a nice place, the staff its very nice and friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was big, the parking space its ample, and although we were near the stair in the first floor there was nearly no outside noise, the free wifi worked with good speed and reliability, the only problem we had was with the air heater it was barely heating but it was enough to keep the room warm in December although we would had liked a little bit more warmth in the room, the other little complaint we have its that the breakfast its served only until 9:30 even on Sunday when the malls open at ten and we like to sleep a little more.
Overall a very good hotel with nice staff at a good price

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I always read the trip advisor reviews and how they rate the hotel over all. This was given a decent rating so i took a shot. It was very convenient right off HWY 10 and there was plenty of parking especially if you like your car right outside your room as I do. At a price of 63 or so bucks tax in I think is a tremendous deal. The room was super clean and I mean really clean - always pull the covers back before unpacking!!!! The pool looked like I wanted to dive in but it was below freezing so I decided against that move. They have a bar - resto next to the office so that is nice and the breakfast was a buffet style with hot food leaning towards mexican as they have many mexican patrons. There is plenty to chose from (2 kinds of eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage, refried beans, fruit, and more) and altho I read one complaint from a previous reviewer I have a friend who works at one of the premium hotels and they dont get a breakfast!!!! Most other budget places offer cereal, coffee and pastries which is called continental and I call yuck!!! The staff were very friendly and they did some serving at breakfast of coffee and clearing. I left a few dollars and why not it was close to Christmas. How about when you get nice service you reward staff who dont get paid a fortune - if they are serving food in particular. You can also reward them by saying if you liked your stay. Kind words make workers proud. Think about it! This was one of the best values so far on the back and forth crossing of the US along with a place in Albuqurque that I reviewed. If you want the best pay 150 plus and then buy your breakfast for 12 to 15 bucks. Not me. I will keep the extra 90 and spend it on a great dinner and some fun!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed 1 night in December 2012. This Quality Inn is an older property (my guess is it was built in the 1960s). The sound travels freely so I would recommend you ask for a 2nd floor room of the 2-story property. The room size is adequate but there was too much furniture stuffed into the room which made walking a bit of an obstacle course. The hotel is basically a rectangle with a dark parking lot contained within it. All rooms open to the outside, there are no interior hallways.

Breakfast was a HUGE disappointment - basically a Mexican heart attack breakfast buffet. Fried this and greasy that. The silver dollar pancakes looked like they had been in the warmer for days. There was a selection of canned fruit but no cereals, breads, yogurts or anything else that would remotely be considered healthy. I walked out after viewing it.

Waited 10 minutes for the checkout person to show up at the desk (she was chatting with the breakfast servers). Disappointed in my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank eurotraveler032003
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Good place at a good price with an exceptional breakfast. As others have mentioned the breakfast is what sets this place apart from other hotels in the Choice chain, most of which serve junk breakfasts like ersatz egg and sausage disks and waffles and watery coffee. This place has abig Mexican buffet. Besides that, everything else was very good here plus the price was lower than most of the others.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank z1307z
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Great stay at this place. The closest Quality Inn to the Airport eventhough they are not suppose to advertise this. The franchise owner of this Quality Inn owns the Holiday Inn nextdoor too and they both look extremely well managed. Our room was big and very clean, comfortable. Seemed very new. Big TV, king size bed.... around $100 with tax. Breakfast was very nice. Fireplace and computers in lobby. Nice elegant style. The Shuttle bus drivers were exceptionally helpful. I found them better than the reception staff but they were okay. I felt I had to remind them to have the shuttle bus early for me in the morning. Had a 6:30 departure. Breakfast started early. Cookies and pizza when I arrived so they really go out of their way to give you a very pleasant experience. I will come back next time I need to be near the airport.

Room Tip: All seemed similar and very nice quality. I was on the ground floor and very convenient to the front...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

When in El Paso visiting family or family functions, my family and I really like this hotel. It is located in the center of town and is close to many wonderful places, including Bassett Place. (Bassett Center when I was a kid). The staff is very friendly and housekeeping is really wonderful. I really enjoy the breakfast buffett that includes real mexican favorites that cannot be recreated in Lubbock. (Chilaquiles, Chicarrones and Real Mexican made Oatmeal.) The beds in the hotel are very comfortable and rooms all come with fridges and microwaves. A must!! Will definately return when in El Paso ("El Chuco")

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family