“Nice”

Quality Inn Airport East
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Very nice hotel,Great staff next door at Holiday Inn nice bar,good food ,good music
Overall very nice stay

Room Tip: All rooms appeared good
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is an older property. It provided us the basics of a relatively safe place for the night. The room is nothing special, fairly clean but simply due for a remodeling. Though there are lots of motels in the area this one was just about full on this Sat night. Friendly staff at check in, bed was comfortable and any noises quited down by 10pm. Breakfast was the usual motel fare and the staff worked hard to keep replenishing coffee, juice, cereal, muffins etc.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We had been staying in Comfort Suite Inns all the way during our trip from Indiana and had been more than pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and friendly staff. What a disappointment when we stayed at this Comfort Inn!! It was dirty, the bathtub drain ran so slow it filled up when taking a shower. There was hair on the floor left over from past guests!!! We were short on towels. What a dump!! At check-in the old man at the counter was rude and hateful. I would avoid this motel at all cost!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2012

From the outside it looks like a fairly well maintained Comfort Inn. But when smacked in the face with the smell of some kind of air scenting product upon entering our room we could only wonder what smells was being covered up. It probably is time for some new carpets...perhaps a complete refurbishment. Think of the overall savings on air deodorizer.

No morning showers because there was no hot, or even luke warm water. Maintenance is obviously not a top priority of the hotel management.

The young desk clerk on duty in the afternoon and again the next morning was most courteous and helpful. The older desk clerk on duty in the afternoon who actually checked us in was less than helpful...bordering on rude. The breakfast offered was as expected except the coffee did not quite fit the bill. The young lady who seemed to be running the breakfast room was very friendly and accommodating.

If I had read the Tripadvisor reviews before I booked this hotel we would have booked elsewhere. The reviews I just read appear to be spot on. We won't be staying at this hotel until it is brought up the normally expected high standards offered by the Comfort Inn chain.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably the same....BUT an excellent Mexican restaurant in right in front...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We travel a lot and it has been a long time since we had this poor accommodations. We usually pick a Comfort Inn or another Choice hotel when we just need an overnight enroute to our destination. Just somewhere to get a nights rest and be on our way again. This one was not clean, had a bad smell, thin walls, dirty chairs, dirty carpet, sink and tub that didn't drain, and wallpaper was peeling. Oh, and the shower handle pulled so hard that I could not get the water turned on. When we arrived my husband found the toilet tank had no water in it, so he took the tank lid off to investigate only to have water spray all over him and the bathroom. There was only one hand towel and we needed that to wipe up the floor. I had to go to the desk to request more towels. I guess I would give them one good thing...our room was on the first floor with parking in front so it was convenient. The breakfast was standard fair, except the decaf coffee was just slightly colored hot water and the eggs and gravy were not out yet when we were there. My recommendation, go down the street to the next Comfort Inn that looked newer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2011

How do I hate this place? Let me count the ways:
Noisy air conditioner
Hair from previous guest in the shower
Hair from previous guest on the sink
FILTHY toilet bowl--streaks of grime
Clogged sink drain
When the sink finally emptied, it left unknown black substance behind.

The only positives:
Great pool which was refreshing on a hot July in El Paso
Location close to places I wanted to show to my wife.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2011

for real. i came on july 13 (it's been less than 12 hours later) and i've moved to another hotel. i got there at 630.
the check in clerk was realllllly rude and short with me.
their printer did not work.
their computer froze up.
the room key given to me did not open the door b/c the door lock was broken
the next room i got wasn't "newer" by what i thought it would mean.
the air conditioner vibrated really loudly and
when someone flushed the toilet above me it made a horrendously loud sound that made me jump off the phone with my husband because i actually felt someone was in the room
the remote control was missing
the fridge was blowing hot air
and behind the fridge was newspaper and a plastic bottle
nail clippings were on the floor
and you could tell things hadn't been wiped down

i left by midnight b/c i couldn't sleep as the bed was LITERALLY VIBRATING from the A/C
the toilet flushed by someone else made me even more rattled
and i just didn't feel safe
and while i told the rude clerk what was going on the general manager did nothing and just stood there

only upside
apparently i got checked out as if i'd never been there so no charge
thank goodness financially it will show i wasn't there but mentally, still stuck with it in my
head :(
will check financials in the next week to make sure i wasn't charged
not so much a good place at all

Room Tip: room listed as
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple