“Not one of the nicest” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
antioch, CA
“Not one of the nicest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed only one nite but it was way too much. Rm 115. King bed not too comfortable, small pillows for a big bed. Room looked clean. Toilet had a high pitched whine every time you flushed, which was quite annoying in the middle of the nite. Biggest problem is we had lukewarm water the whole time we were there. Very uncomfortable while showering and after 5 min. it turned to cold water!! Couldn't wait to leave but then they had computer problems so it delayed our departure 30 min while we stood around waiting for it to be fixed. Think you could do better as there are a ton of hotels in that area. Think twice before staying.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. Although we wish they were otherwise, your feedback will be of assistance to us in our efforts to improve the guest experience. Our maintenance and housekeeping departments have been made aware of this situation. Thank you for choosing Comfort Inns.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Spent the weekend with my debate team, 4 rooms. I like this hotel, it is undergoing some renovations at the moment, the rooms are always clean and I love the soft pillow top mattresses. I also like the fact that there are three restaurants in immediate walking distance, good after a long day of driving. The staff is very friendly and we had no problems what so ever.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear jaadams2013,

Thank you for your kind remarks and we are happy to hear that you and your students enjoyed your trip to El Paso. As you mentioned we are rennovating to expand the size of our lobby and business center. Our guest rooms are also being upgraded. We hope to be of service to you again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

First, let me start off by saying that the front desk staff (Jessica & Thomas) are both wonderful and they try their best to resolve any issues that may come up.

The first room we had had a little cubby hole in the wall - which I think all the rooms had one - however, the little door wouldn't lock and would swing open exposing an area with the pipes and stuff for the hotel. It made my kids feel a tad uneasy. So that, along with the fact that the door to the room wasn't completely sealed and you could see the sunlight shining thru the door frame & the actual door, we decided to see if we could move. As I said at the beginning the staff was wonderful and quickly put us into another room. However, the same issue was there with the little cubby hole in the wall. I was going to let it go & just stay but then we realized that the carpet in front of the a/c wall unit was completely wet. So I called the front desk to asked to be moved again.

Again, the front staff was amazing and Jessica sent a new key up to me so I wouldn't have to go back to the lobby. The new room was better. The door to the little cubby hole in the wall was locked. Although, the floor in front of the a/c unit was a little damp in certain areas. But it wasn't a huge deal since we didn't walk in those areas anyway. They had little bottles of shampoo (no conditioner though, only moisturizing lotion, maybe the person replenishing didn't realize they were leaving lotion instead of conditioner) and I noticed that the sheets on the bed I slept on did not fit the bed correctly as it was coming off and I also noticed (well, my son noticed) that the sheet on my bed was inside out. So it wasn't put on correctly to begin with.

Maybe I just had a few of the bad rooms or maybe I'm really picky. I don't know. My parents also had a room & they didn't have any issues.

Overall, the rooms are a tad on the small side but they're fine for a place to crash for the night. While I had issues with a few of the rooms, I think that the stellar customer service I received would be enough to bring me back & try it out again. Kudos to Jessica!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Stanj99
Fabens, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Nothin' to write home about. Took the kids so they could do some swimming and that was accomplished in spades. The room was average...Breakfast was average...Staff was average.

Biggest complaint...Guests having their dog swim in the pool. Manager didn't seem to care at all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Christy007
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Very clean and convenient to I-10. Either a long walk from outside elevator to room, or a hike up to third floor. Room even had a balcony. Front desk people were helpful and friendly. Plenty of restaurants nearby, some in walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

As a Chioce Privileges Diamond Member, I stay at Choice Hotels family properties very frequently, of which Comfort Inn is one of the brands. I stayed at this property for one night while en route from Phoenix to Dallas and, overall, found it to be pleasant and comfortable.

My room, with two double beds, was comfortably furnished with a small square table with two chairs, a low bureau with TV, and a small fridge and microwave by the door. The room did feel a bit cramped, however, as it was somewhat smaller than a typical double-bedded room, but not so cramped as to make it difficult to get around. I was able to make good use of the table as a work desk, but only after moving the chairs around a bit to make sure there was enough clearance to walk by the table to get to/from the front door and the bathroom. Not a big deal, but something worth noting.

The room itself was clean and the furniture was in good repair. The wall mounted climate control unit worked flawlessly and could be set to any desired temperature through its digital display.

The bathroom was likewise clean, although I did find one dead bug beneath the toilet tank. I don't think that was representative of the property, however, because I saw no other evidence of insects, and the room itself had been well cleaned. Probably just a stray bug that found its way into the room. The shower delivered ample hot water at good water pressure.

The bed was comfortable, and both beds presented an assortment of pillows to choose from. I got a good night's sleep.

Check-in and check out were both handled efficiently by helpful staff.

The free breakfast was typical for Comfort Inn, and the breakfast area had ample seating.

The location is not far from the El Paso Airport and adjacent to I-10 on the east side of town. This was very convenient for me, as I was heading east on I-10, and it placed me with the downtown area behind me, allowing me to avoid city traffic and get quickly on my way.

A variety of discounts are available at the Choice Hotels webside - including AAA, AARP, Senior (separate from AARP - the AARP discount is better), and, if you're a member of an association that has arrangements with Choice Hotels, you can enter your discount number, and the system will present your contracted rates. If you're a Upromise member, you can get an additional 5% in your Upromise account by navigating to the Choice Hotels website via Upromise.

One other thing worth mentioning. Those who stay at Choice properties on a frequent basis will find that many of their member hotels have an annoying in-room safe that comes with a daily charge of $1.00 or $1.50 for this added "convenience." In most cases, the hotel will remove the charge upon request, if the safe isn't used, and this hotel, to its credit, had a prominent sign at the front desk explaining this. I find this to be an annoying practice, as it comes across as a way of trying to simply get an extra buck or two from guests, most of whom will probably not complain or even notice it. When I sstay at a Choice property that has these safes, I always ask that the safe charge be removed when I check in, so that I don't have to deal with it when I check out. Most hotels comply. I had asked when I checked in here, and the clerk said that it would be removed ... but there it was when I checked out. They did remove it without a hassle, but it was still an unnecessary annoyance. I mention it here - and every time I encounter it - in the hopes that hotel management will see my comment and how silly this whole thing with the safes actually is. If the extra $1.00 is so important, just add it into the base room rate and provide the safe for free. Just sayin' !

Overall ... decent stay at a good price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank step12dude
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We arrived late in the evening and they had some computer glitches, but the staff was SO very helpful and got us into a room. The breakfast and coffee were good. We were towing a car and the parking was very adequate for a long vehicle. It was an easy exit and entrance back onto the interstate with only a couple of miles of city traffic for heading east in the morning and missing rush hour.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business