“Good value”

Ranked #55 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Sugar Land, Texas
“Good value”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed 1 night with family on the way to Vegas. Rm164, everything was near perfect except we found a minor water dripping from the ceiling in the bathroom, otherwise, it would earn my 5-star rating. I believe it's isolated incident.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. We have resolved the issue of the water leak from above. Thank you for your patronage we hope to be of service to you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay at this property. The staff was wonderful and the room was clean and pleasant. Just the right sized for two a little tight if there were more. Breakfast was excellent. Overall and pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We have shared your comments with our staff. Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Airport East. We hope to be of service to you again.

David Barela
antioch, CA
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed only one nite but it was way too much. Rm 115. King bed not too comfortable, small pillows for a big bed. Room looked clean. Toilet had a high pitched whine every time you flushed, which was quite annoying in the middle of the nite. Biggest problem is we had lukewarm water the whole time we were there. Very uncomfortable while showering and after 5 min. it turned to cold water!! Couldn't wait to leave but then they had computer problems so it delayed our departure 30 min while we stood around waiting for it to be fixed. Think you could do better as there are a ton of hotels in that area. Think twice before staying.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. Although we wish they were otherwise, your feedback will be of assistance to us in our efforts to improve the guest experience. Our maintenance and housekeeping departments have been made aware of this situation. Thank you for choosing Comfort Inns.
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Spent the weekend with my debate team, 4 rooms. I like this hotel, it is undergoing some renovations at the moment, the rooms are always clean and I love the soft pillow top mattresses. I also like the fact that there are three restaurants in immediate walking distance, good after a long day of driving. The staff is very friendly and we had no problems what so ever.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear jaadams2013,

Thank you for your kind remarks and we are happy to hear that you and your students enjoyed your trip to El Paso. As you mentioned we are rennovating to expand the size of our lobby and business center. Our guest rooms are also being upgraded. We hope to be of service to you again.
Reviewed 16 August 2013

First, let me start off by saying that the front desk staff (Jessica & Thomas) are both wonderful and they try their best to resolve any issues that may come up.

The first room we had had a little cubby hole in the wall - which I think all the rooms had one - however, the little door wouldn't lock and would swing open exposing an area with the pipes and stuff for the hotel. It made my kids feel a tad uneasy. So that, along with the fact that the door to the room wasn't completely sealed and you could see the sunlight shining thru the door frame & the actual door, we decided to see if we could move. As I said at the beginning the staff was wonderful and quickly put us into another room. However, the same issue was there with the little cubby hole in the wall. I was going to let it go & just stay but then we realized that the carpet in front of the a/c wall unit was completely wet. So I called the front desk to asked to be moved again.

Again, the front staff was amazing and Jessica sent a new key up to me so I wouldn't have to go back to the lobby. The new room was better. The door to the little cubby hole in the wall was locked. Although, the floor in front of the a/c unit was a little damp in certain areas. But it wasn't a huge deal since we didn't walk in those areas anyway. They had little bottles of shampoo (no conditioner though, only moisturizing lotion, maybe the person replenishing didn't realize they were leaving lotion instead of conditioner) and I noticed that the sheets on the bed I slept on did not fit the bed correctly as it was coming off and I also noticed (well, my son noticed) that the sheet on my bed was inside out. So it wasn't put on correctly to begin with.

Maybe I just had a few of the bad rooms or maybe I'm really picky. I don't know. My parents also had a room & they didn't have any issues.

Overall, the rooms are a tad on the small side but they're fine for a place to crash for the night. While I had issues with a few of the rooms, I think that the stellar customer service I received would be enough to bring me back & try it out again. Kudos to Jessica!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Stanj99
Fabens, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Nothin' to write home about. Took the kids so they could do some swimming and that was accomplished in spades. The room was average...Breakfast was average...Staff was average.

Biggest complaint...Guests having their dog swim in the pool. Manager didn't seem to care at all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Christy007
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Very clean and convenient to I-10. Either a long walk from outside elevator to room, or a hike up to third floor. Room even had a balcony. Front desk people were helpful and friendly. Plenty of restaurants nearby, some in walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo