“Kinda noisy!”

Quality Inn Airport East
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My company put me up here, it is an older hotel with doors that exit directly outside ... I had room 236 which is pretty close to the front lobby, I could always hear people's vehicles starting, or the annoying car alarm beeb when it is being set or turned off.

Quite a bit of loud street noise too, the doors don't close with a tight seal, a laid an extra towel rolled up to block the bottom, which was the worse, but there are still three other sides!

Breakfast was good, nice selection. I had strawberry waffles in the shape of TX, and oatmeal!

My room was a bit dusty around the edges on the floor where the vacuum didn't reach, it needed a good spring cleaning! Plus there was a red stain under the table. I also saw a long black hair stuck in the wall paper above the shower ... I have short brown hair.

The bed was comfortable.

Rudy's next door is good eating!

• Stayed: January 2014
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your concerns with our staff. We will focus on the areas you mentioned regarding the room cleanliness. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Airport East. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have stayed at several Hotels in the El Paso area... and this may be the worst! First Internet constantly down, slow or intermittent... Next first room was on the back side, sleezy and dirty very dirty.... second room was in front 3rd floor smelled like room freshener over pet urine. Public hairs all over the bathroom... Curtains with holes and broken hanging rods... I have one more night here and gonna see if they will change rooms AGAIN! I will say the staff has been helpful with zero attitude! So at least good personel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

We do apologize for problems you encountered when you arrived at our hotel. I am glad that you brought these matters to my attention the next morning. You accepted our offer to move you to a room that resulted in a more satisfying experience your second night. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed 1 night with family on the way to Vegas. Rm164, everything was near perfect except we found a minor water dripping from the ceiling in the bathroom, otherwise, it would earn my 5-star rating. I believe it's isolated incident.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. We have resolved the issue of the water leak from above. Thank you for your patronage we hope to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay at this property. The staff was wonderful and the room was clean and pleasant. Just the right sized for two a little tight if there were more. Breakfast was excellent. Overall and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We have shared your comments with our staff. Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Airport East. We hope to be of service to you again.

David Barela

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed only one nite but it was way too much. Rm 115. King bed not too comfortable, small pillows for a big bed. Room looked clean. Toilet had a high pitched whine every time you flushed, which was quite annoying in the middle of the nite. Biggest problem is we had lukewarm water the whole time we were there. Very uncomfortable while showering and after 5 min. it turned to cold water!! Couldn't wait to leave but then they had computer problems so it delayed our departure 30 min while we stood around waiting for it to be fixed. Think you could do better as there are a ton of hotels in that area. Think twice before staying.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. Although we wish they were otherwise, your feedback will be of assistance to us in our efforts to improve the guest experience. Our maintenance and housekeeping departments have been made aware of this situation. Thank you for choosing Comfort Inns.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Spent the weekend with my debate team, 4 rooms. I like this hotel, it is undergoing some renovations at the moment, the rooms are always clean and I love the soft pillow top mattresses. I also like the fact that there are three restaurants in immediate walking distance, good after a long day of driving. The staff is very friendly and we had no problems what so ever.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMELPASO, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear jaadams2013,

Thank you for your kind remarks and we are happy to hear that you and your students enjoyed your trip to El Paso. As you mentioned we are rennovating to expand the size of our lobby and business center. Our guest rooms are also being upgraded. We hope to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

First, let me start off by saying that the front desk staff (Jessica & Thomas) are both wonderful and they try their best to resolve any issues that may come up.

The first room we had had a little cubby hole in the wall - which I think all the rooms had one - however, the little door wouldn't lock and would swing open exposing an area with the pipes and stuff for the hotel. It made my kids feel a tad uneasy. So that, along with the fact that the door to the room wasn't completely sealed and you could see the sunlight shining thru the door frame & the actual door, we decided to see if we could move. As I said at the beginning the staff was wonderful and quickly put us into another room. However, the same issue was there with the little cubby hole in the wall. I was going to let it go & just stay but then we realized that the carpet in front of the a/c wall unit was completely wet. So I called the front desk to asked to be moved again.

Again, the front staff was amazing and Jessica sent a new key up to me so I wouldn't have to go back to the lobby. The new room was better. The door to the little cubby hole in the wall was locked. Although, the floor in front of the a/c unit was a little damp in certain areas. But it wasn't a huge deal since we didn't walk in those areas anyway. They had little bottles of shampoo (no conditioner though, only moisturizing lotion, maybe the person replenishing didn't realize they were leaving lotion instead of conditioner) and I noticed that the sheets on the bed I slept on did not fit the bed correctly as it was coming off and I also noticed (well, my son noticed) that the sheet on my bed was inside out. So it wasn't put on correctly to begin with.

Maybe I just had a few of the bad rooms or maybe I'm really picky. I don't know. My parents also had a room & they didn't have any issues.

Overall, the rooms are a tad on the small side but they're fine for a place to crash for the night. While I had issues with a few of the rooms, I think that the stellar customer service I received would be enough to bring me back & try it out again. Kudos to Jessica!

• Stayed: August 2013