“Nice Rooms- Expensive Rates” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites El Paso

Comfort Suites El Paso
Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
“Nice Rooms- Expensive Rates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have always been impressed by Comfort Suites. Going to El Paso's west side I had the choice between 2 different Comfort Suites and I picked this one on because of the Reviews.

Check-in was quick (Although I was surprised there was only one attendant in a 4 story hotel).
Getting to the Room took some time. As my girl friend and I walked towards the one elevator in the building, we noticed it was full, so we had to wait until it came back.
Later that evening we had waited over 5 minutes for the elevator with another few groups waiting to use it. Those individuals had mentioned they had been waiting over 10 minutes. I honestly think that 1 medium elevator is not enough for a hotel of this size.

When it comes to bed bugs, I am neurotic. I thoroughly inspect every hotel room I stay in and for the first time in many hotel stays, I found the notorious blood spots on the mattress. I had called the front desk and she quickly came up, inspected the mattress with me and put us up in a new room.

Breakfast was pretty good and checkout was a breeze.

Room Tip: top floor will be the most quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in El Paso and I experienced outstanding customer service. A young lady named Sara was at the front desk when I checked in and she was very nice and courteous. The rooms were very clean and the beds were so comfortable and I had a great night sleep. will be staying again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sara S
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We booked via Priceline Express Deals and got a great rate on a 4 night stay. The property appears new or newly remodeled. The public spaces and room were clean and in excellent shape. The hotel is on the far west end of El Paso (close to the New Mexico border), so it may be inconvenient if you are spending most of your time downtown or on the east side.

Overall the staff was great. They were professional and courteous. Unfortunately, our experience was marred by an unusual experience with a staff person operating the night desk (first name started with an L). On our 3rd night I went to the desk and asked for extra sheets for the pull out sofa. I was shocked when she told me no. I insisted on the premise that my child would have to sleep on a bare mattress unless she gave us something. What ensued was a 30 minute back and forth as I petitioned for each sheet and blanket necessary to outfit the sofa bed. I have never had such a surreal experience with a hotel staff person. I literally walked away from the desk shaking my head in disbelief. The other staff were great, but this particular individual either needs additional training or doesn't belong in their particular role.

Unfortunately, this experience causes me to give a "terrible" rating for service even though everyone else was great. All other aspects of our stay were very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank visvam
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great hotel along I-10 near the New Mexico border. I stayed here last night and this is definately one of the best hotels in the area. The room was clean, everything worked, bed was great, breakfast was good although the gravy was watered down somewhat. This property woiuld have received a 5 rating if not for the price. My triple AAA rate was $110, $130 total after all the taxes. That's just too much for a Comfort Suites in the desert. I cannot stay here again until the price falls in line with other comparable hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dcjw700
Maricopa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

An early afternoon in El Paso brought me to this Comfort Suites property. The staff was very good, parking was good and near the front entrance. As I am on a bike it is important that it is secured at night. The room was very clean and well maintained. The bet was comfortable and very quiet. The a/c was quiet and worked well. Breakfast was good as well as the service. They provided me with old towels to wash the bike. Good value for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tinman_81
Fort Mohave, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Clean, courteous, convenient. We spent one night here going to New Braunfels TX Suite very user-friendly with plugs for our phones and IPad on bedside table lamps. Breakfast included mini-omelets and sausage, waffles, fruit, cereal, pastries...... We have stayed in hotels three times as expensive that equalled this Comfort Inn & Suites! I totally recommend this hotel at this N. Desert Blvd. location!!

Room Tip: Road House Steak House you can Walk to! Very Nice stay
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynthia R
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Awesome! Clean, courteous, convenient. We spent one night here going to Phoenix and one on our return. Suite very user-friendly with plugs for our phones and IPad on bedside table lamps. Breakfast included mini-omelets and sausage, waffles, fruit, cereal, pastries...... We have stayed in hotels three times as expensive that equalled this Comfort Inn & Suites!
I totally recommend this hotel at this N. Desert Blvd. location!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple