Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center
Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Brandon, Mississippi
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Recently stayed at this property. Staff was professional, room was nice. I would say the pool left a lot to be desired. Loved the terrace area with the outdoor bar - great for viewing the city. Centrally located to convention center and other area attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Great to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for the review and we look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
El Paso, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Room was clean, and restaurant in hotel was good, the only issue is that there was no remote for tv and when I called for one no one came up. It took me stopping by on my way back to my room at the service desk to get someone to deliver a remote to me. But they did hop on it after my complaint.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review. I apologize that the issue with your remote was not resolved in a timely manner. I will be speaking with my staff about this. We hope to see you soon. Thanks again for the review.
Palo Alto
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Doubletree. Greeted with your standard cookie at reception. The room was spacious and comfortable. Everything worked as intended. This is smack dab between - in almost every way including price - a nonfrills motel, and a more upscale hotel experience. They had the saddest little pool I'd ever seen - no lounge chairs or chairs at all in fact. Just a hole in the ground surrounded by vacant cement.

Our biggest gripe is that we asked for a 4:45am wakeup call that never came. We had fortunately also set our own cell phone alarm.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the review. I apologize that you did not receive your wake-up call. Hilton is in the process of upgrading our phone system, so this may have caused your call to not come through, and again, I do apologize about that. As for our pool area, we actually do have plenty of seating and tables in the pool area, as well as outside of the pool area. We even have pictures of our terrace uploaded to our website showing our seating areas. We do on occasion have to put the chairs away when there are high wind advisories to ensure that our chairs do not fly over the windows and into traffic downstairs. El Paso winds can get pretty bad, especially on the 7th floor, but when the weather is nice, all seating and table are out for our guests to enjoy.
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hotel centrally located in downtown across the street from the Natural History Museum and the soon to be completed Triple-AAA Baseball Stadium... Nice Resturant and Sports Lounge with personable staff. Overall quality experience!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the great review. Hope to see you when the ballpark opens up!
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel was full of smiles and exceptional professional staff... Fast check in and thank you for the cookies by the way my partner and I loved them. We went on a weekend get away and really enjoyed our stay the beds are so comfy and the rooms are updated pretty new to me safe parking garage and extremely clean hotel near many clubs for entertainment and the pool is also great on the upper terrace... Looking forward to come again at new years .. Thank you double tree...

• Stayed September 2013
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for reviewing us. The cookies are delicious, aren't they? We look forward to your stay with us on New Years. Until then, have a safe rest of the year and thank you again for choosing us to meet your hotel needs.
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very nice hotel - new with many amenities. Beds are comfy and rooms are quiet. Work out center was great. The pool looks inviting, but we didn't use. it. Great service at the front desk and with all employees we interacted with. We will definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. We appreciate the comments and I will be sharing them with my Front Desk staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Houston, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I look forward to having a hot fudge - chocolate chip cookie ice cream sundae every time I stay at a Doubletree at either lunch or dinner. This Doubletree did not have the hot fudge to do it since such a sundae was not on its menu (all the other Doubletrees I have stayed at had it) - but they melted chocolate bar instead to put on the sundae - and it was absolutely incredible, one of the best ever. That was going above and beyond and I really appreciate that. Note too, that the citrus smelling bath amenities are my favorite out of all the different hotel brands I have stayed at. Out of all the Hilton brands I find that Doubletree is the one I most look forward to staying at.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
This was a real pleasant review to read. We always strive to go above and beyond and it looks like you got to experience it. We thank you for the great review and I will be sharing it with the kitchen staff. Hope to see you again real soon.