“Left with bed bugs!”

Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso, United States
“Left with bed bugs!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I travel constantly for work, making an average of 8 to 10 trips per year. This is the only hotel where I ended up with bed bugs! Apparently this is not necessarily an indication of cleanliness, but I think the hotel should be more dilligent in ensuring exterminators treat the rooms regularly to avoid this sort of thing happening. I was in room 1021 during my stay.

2 Thank Ayodele A
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Just to clarify a few things, we do have our room inspected regularly and have never had a bed bug infestation in the 5 years that we have been open.Our staff is trained yearly, per Hilton standards, to recognize signs of bed bug infestation. If a person has been bitten by a bed bug, it is possible for people to react differently to a bite, some not even showing signs for several days, or not at all. We will however have our housekeeping department as well as our inspectors, check the room in question just to be sure everything is fine. We thank you for expressing your concerns and for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Tucson, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a great hotel to stay in for the restaurant, however the rooms need to upgrade their HVAC and the parking can be very tight too. The staff and rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Stay away from the freeway side of the hotel as the traffic noise from the freeway seeps into the room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
We appreciate your review and your tip to future guests. Preventative maintenance is a high priority for our engineers. Your concerns will be expressed to them so they can ensure our HVAC systems are in working order.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Loved this hotel, didn't meet one person from the housekeepers, to maintenance, to front desk who were other than polite, friendly, and welcoming. The customer service is excellent, room very quiet and comfortable, and food was delicious. I would definitely choose this hotel again. You might want to rent a car though--not much in the way of restaurants within walking distance. It is right next door to 2 museums, and a block from the conference center. I'd like to purchase a couple of their pillows!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. If you are truly interested in purchasing our pillows, please don't hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy to point you to the website where they, and other items, can be purchased.
la marque, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014

there were only 3 problems--no handicap accessible rooms that were promised, were available. I was told they had sold out and I had been assured when I made the reservation, I would have one. the elevator to the restaurant was not working. and I was told to walk around the building to the locked door they would open for me if I did not want to do the steps. also on checkout I was told they would e-mail my copy of the bill, which I have yet to receive. other than that, the shuttle drivers were very polite and knowledgeable and went out of their way to help. the people at the desk very nice..other than the receipt problem. housekeeper very good. overall a good stay but could have been more accessible

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would like to apologize for us not having an accessible room for you at the time of your arrival. I was able to look at your reservation and did see your room had been books as a standard king with notation of your accessibility needs. Our central reservations department is usually very good at accommodating our guests with the room types they need, but given they booked your a standard room, my only guess is we were completely out of accessible rooms since we were sold out for that evening. As for the accessible elevator, we have since had that fixed. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. Thank you for expressing your concerns and for the review.
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the Double Tree El Paso and I will definitely be staying there next time I travel there. Staff was very friendly (especially the gentleman who picked us up from airport). The room was extremely clean, fast internet, and the bed/pillows were amazing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Glad to hear our staff was accommodating. We look forward to your return. Thank you for the great review!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

little pricey for the area we ate at the other hotel next door. the patio and bar was too windy, needs more enclose. we could hear the people next door. over all is was good, nice views from the room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review. Your suggestion about more enclosure on the terrace has been something we have discussed and will continue to discuss. Hopefully we can come up with a solution pretty soon.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 1 April 2014

If this was already great, now with the view to the new baseball stadium is even better

Impressive view

Great bar and restaurant

Nice service, clean rooms, well maintained.

I stay here very often and they never dissapoint

Room Tip: Ask for view to the baseball stadium