Double Tree by Hilton El Paso Downtown
Gardner Hotel(El Paso)
Mesa Inn(El Paso)
Hotel HillVue(El Paso)
View Hotel
All reviewsbaseball stadiumparking garageconvention centerfire pitwalking distanceroom keybreakfast buffetfront desk staffeasy accessenjoyed my staybusiness tripdoubletreefloorgilbertelbordermexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great Hotel, pool is awesome, breakfast is so great, nice variety. only issue is the elevators they are extremely slow especially if there is alot of capactiy at the hotel. Cookies are good as well, upon arrival and leaving. I really enjoyed the pool, getting up in the morning for a swim, lots of towels available at the pool. The houskeeping is very nice and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Double Tree by Hilton El Paso Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

noisy at night phone call from desk at 2:30am..they had the wrong room people smoking in elevator no parking passes and often could not find space due to everybody downtown parking there no crib delivered after we requested it twice coffee cups not replaced in room no vacumming under beds..very dirty from previous occupants we stay at higher end hotels to avoid all this and we were very disappointed

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Double Tree by Hilton El Paso Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I like this hotel, the HHonors rooms are well kept and the terrace and pool area is a nice place to hang out. The only thing that bothers me is that ridiculous high cost of a long distance call (to California). A 1 minute phone call was $6.88. I can understand chagrin a few dollars, and I was expecting it to be expensive but $6.88 goes a little bit too far for something that costs absolutely nothing to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the review. We understand the price for a long distance call can be pretty high. We usually recommend to our guests that if they do not want to use their cell phone to make a long distance call, it is a better value to purchase a calling card from the convenience store close by. Not exactly sure why, but long distance calls tend to be pretty high cost at hotels.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nice hotel and I will stay there again.... BUT I had to go to the front desk to get shampoo -- 3 out of the 4 days I stayed, I didn't get a shampoo. Everything else but no shampoo. The last two nights the glass I used to brush my teeth was not taken/replaced/cleaned. Typically DT will give you bottled water in your room upon arrival but I had to go down to the M Café and buy my own. Upon arrival your front desk should take the time to give you some orientation of the facility -- where is the gym, etc....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking time to review us. I apologize about you not receiving shampoo during your stay. These are essentials and your concerns will be shared with the housekeeping manager. As for the water, we do offer Hilton Honors waters to our guests who are silver members and above as a part of the program. If you are an honors member, and have not reached silver status yet, once you do, you will be entitled to 2 complimentary bottles at the time of arrival. If you are not an honors member, you can sign up for the program online, or at any Hilton property. It's great to start earning points toward those free nights.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed here more than a dozen times over 4 years: --Elevators are annoying and frustrating. --Staff is usually nice, but some staff members can be very accusatory of the guest(s) when an issue arises. --Parking garage is large, but spaces are TINY! I try to park near the top, and take up 1.5 spaces (SUV). --Rooms and bathrooms were remodeled, but are starting to look a bit worn (but much better than the Garden Inn near UTEP). --Breakfast is not included, and servers often charge $14.95 (full buffet), even when only a coffee and cereal is consumed (a la cart, about $5). --Internet is free, but slow. I use a cell phone modem instead. --I had a very delayed flight before arriving, and my entire reservation was cancelled. Hotel was fully booked, and I was forced to find a different hotel - not the kind of service I would have expected.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefan W

I apologize for less than stellar experiences you have with our hotel at times. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance to you. Thank you for the review.