“Nice Hotel, but way overpriced!”

Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 8 August 2014

First of all, I understand that you are paying for "convenience" at times to a certain venue or city area. We were attending a Chihuahuas baseball game in downtown El Paso and made a "mini vacay" out of it as we live 60 miles north of El Paso. The Doubletree is one of three options around the ballpark - we had stayed there before and liked it- so we booked it again. I couldn't believe how high the prices were increased on ball game days for just a regular room. I certainly don't mind paying $179 for a room if it is above and beyond the regular rack type room, but this certainly wasn't the case. Additionally - there are $30 worth of taxes that are tacked on which add greatly to your already inflated price. Once I got past the sticker shock, I decided to really rate the hotel. The bathroom was very clean, the bed was nice, and the tv was huge. The internet was free and there was a decent bar and restaurant. We got stuck next to the elevator shaft and listened to the elevator go up and down all night long. The walls are definitely very thin. I just can't give this establishment a raving review due to the price, noise and basically the "plainness" for the price!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for the review. Just some clarification, our rates did not increase due to the ballpark opening. Being that we are a business travel hotel, our rates during the business week tend to be higher than during the weekends. Seeing that your rate was higher than our weekend rate, I assume you were probably here for a game that fell on a business day. You will find our rates coincide with other hotels, of the same caliber, during the same days. For the best leisure travel rates, I recommend staying on a Friday or Saturday, when our rates tend to be at their lowest. Rates always fluctuate, so always check our website for the best rates and packages. Again, Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The quality, cleanliness and upkeep of this hotel is great! The staff is super friendly and professional. And now that downtown ELP is being developed there are great views from the hotel (e.g. the baseball field for instance). And why stay anywhere else if the chocolate chip cookies just melt in your mouth? Wonderful place and will continue to come back stay after stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was clean, neat inviting. It had great service. the food was amazing. the rooms are awesome! Something to make you feel at home. The pool was awesome with the mini bar and the fire pits. Deff would go there again =]

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is one of the best! We discovered this hotel a couple of years ago and recently made it a point to stay here again while in El Paso. The rooms are clean, quiet and attractively decorated. The beds are very comfortable too. The restaurant is top notch. We had both dinner and breakfast here, which were excellent. The staff are extra helpful and make you feel special. The location is perfect for walking and sightseeing in downtown El Paso, which we did. I would definitely (and hope to) stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison454
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel located in downtown El Paso. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Free cookies were a plus. The hotel has a restaurant, two bars, Starbucks and outdoor pool. Our room was great, very clean and quiet with a view of the pool/terrace, the Triple A Chihuahua's baseball park and the border beyond that. All of the main things were great and I would have liked to give the Doubletree five circles but sometimes the small things matter and I hope this helps. Here are some suggestions/improvements: Parking: the hotel has a parking deck but the spaces are extremely small. Many people with large cars or trucks take up more than one space. Not sure what can be done about that. Elevators: there are three, 2 stop at the parking deck floors and one does not. This sounds fine but when you want to go down to your car the one that stops is the one that doesn't go there. Maybe that elevator could have a separate button. Vending machines: I tried four different vending machines for bottled water all were out or not working for the six days we were there. Had to buy water from Starbucks or the bar which cost twice as much. Pool/terrace: It was hot when we were there so this is a nice retreat and good place to cool off but there were no towels available. Keep the towels stocked or provide a phone to call the front desk. Terrace Bar: located on the terrace by the pool and supposed to be open daily but I only saw it open one day during our six day stay. I only mention those things so the hotel can address them, I'm not trying to deter visitors because this is a really nice hotel but could be even better. I would recommend staying here in the Downtown area and I will probably return for another stay myself.

Room Tip: View of pool/terrace and baseball park is nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jimibananas
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a nice hotel to stay in El Paso. I stay here several times a year. The only complaint I have ever had is with the restaurant. The servers are great, but the food is generally below par and most times has to be sent back because it is not properly prepared.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have been staying at this hotel regularly since it opened. The management and staff are amazing - always greet me and my co-workers by name. Great location as well. With the IIIA Baseball park two blocks away, this is now a hot spot before and after the games. You can even watch the games from the 7th level deck or your room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business